Joined the 375 club!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
mav
Levergunner 2.0

Joined the 375 club!

Post by mav »

I picked up my Christmas present from my wife ;-) a couple of weekends ago.
I had some time this morning to take the Marlin 375 to the range for a short session. 100 yards, open sights and sand bags yielded this.
The only shells I have at the present are from Wisconsin Cartridge. I've been shopping the web for bullets, brass and receiver sights. I'm leaning towards the Williams FP. They have two different versions for the 336, one mounts with the side holes the other with the rear scope holes. Is there any advantage of one over the other?
I've been looking at various cast bullets for cheaper practice loads. I've come across some .376" and .377" bullets. I've also found a number of .379" and .380" bullets for the 38-55. Which brings me to my second question, does anyone have any experience buying oversized bullets and them resizing them yourself? Casting my own is not an option at this time. Thanks for any and all responses.
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Joined the 375 club!

Post by TedH »

Congratulations. The 375 Win is a great cartridge. Looks like yours is a shooter too. I'd love to have a Marlin 375 to go with my Winchester 94 Big Bore.
NRA Life Member
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Very nice. I recently posted on the .375 and lots of people here had lots of positive things to say. I like that marlin a lot!
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Welcome aboard! :D
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Old Shatterhand
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Old Shatterhand »

Nice gun for a great caliber!

Old Sh.
Winchester model 88 .308 WCF
Winchester model 71 .348 WCF
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

i had one of the non angle-ejects when it 1st came out. with the 200 and 250 grain winchester loadings you were set for all nort american game within ranges that reasonable hunters shoot. sadly, ihad to sell this rifle in the divorce :cry: . later , replaced it with the .356, but it's an angle-eject :(
iceman
Senior Levergunner

Post by iceman »

Nice rifle! I have no experience with the 375, but I think you will prefer the Williams FP model over the WGRS. It is easier to adjust .
Happiness is a comfortable stump on a sunny south facing mountain.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Congratulations not on the GUN, but on having a WIFE who understands what it means to be a GUY...! 8)
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
txpete
Departed Friend

Post by txpete »

:D nice marlin :wink: :wink: I have a williams FP on my win BB94.I just put a williams on my marlin 444 :D yea I like reciever sights. :lol: .enjoy your new rifle.
pete
DAV life member.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I do believe the FP94/36 can be adjusted lower, closer to the receiver, than the FP336 (which is intended to mount in the top/scope mount holes).
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
mav
Levergunner 2.0

Post by mav »

Thanks to all.
TedH, yeah it looks like it has some potential.:-)
rjohns94, I followed that thread and then researched old posts about the 375. Actually, I got the rifle from a fellow down your way.
AJMD429, thanks, 28 years and counting. :-)
Hobie, thanks. And thanks again everyone.
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Excellent Mav! That looks great...congrats.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
mav
Levergunner 2.0

Post by mav »

Thanks Chris. We'll have to arrange a "play date" for my 375 and your 356. ;-)
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

mav wrote:Thanks Chris. We'll have to arrange a "play date" for my 375 and your 356. ;-)
Bring it on! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8