Merry Christmas..Blizzard in OK..?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
deerwhacker444
Senior Levergunner

Merry Christmas..Blizzard in OK..?

Post by deerwhacker444 »

Merry Christmas Everyone..!

That storm in the middle of the country has been hitting Oklahoma for most of the day. I guess you might call these Blizzard conditions. The temp here is 22 degrees and my county has had a max wind gust today of 44 MPH. Some of the counties have topped out at 60+. I definitely think that qualifies as a blizzard, although it's something we don't see too often.

I'm sure you guys up North are laughing, but this is serious business down here. All the idiot drivers come out and cause wrecks. They're even closing down some of the roads due to lack of visibility.

You boys in the way of this storm, get ready. There's alot of wind and sleet.

On the plus side. If the wind dies down tomorrow, I'm going to try my FoxPro caller for the first time. The coyotes will probably be awful hungry by tomorrow morning and maybe I can get some to come in, wish me luck.

Hope everyone is having a great holiday.

:)
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men
shall possess the highest seats in Government,
our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots
to prevent its ruin
." Samuel Adams
CEMENTHEAD
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Merry Christmas..Blizzard in OK..?

Post by CEMENTHEAD »

:D :lol: :lol: Deerwhacker444,
Yeah I'm chuckling inside about your comments regarding Oklahoma drivers. I was stationed at Ft Sill (Lawton) for 2 years. They can't drive when it's dry and clear much less in any weather.
Good luck and be careful.....Thanks, Tom.

P.S. good luck on the song dogs too :mrgreen: :D
War sees no color, sex, or ethnic background - wars only see blood shed by our heroes for our freedoms.

I Am An American! Fighting for our Country and our way of life.

Fourth Generation Veteran and Proud !!
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

Stay warm!

I'm in Iowa visiting the in-laws with my clan. We have to drive back south through that stuff! Hope it melts on the highways between now and Monday! :shock:
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
jhrosier
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jhrosier »

Merry Christmas Deerwhacker, to you and yours, and likewise to all of the levergunners.

It was a beautiful sunny afternoon here in Massachusetts today.
That is not always the case here so I headed out to the range and plinked with the .22 for an hour or so.
There is not any significantly bad weather predicted for our area in the next few days so I will probably get out for a couple of hours every day.

I've got vaccation days and holidays until Jan 4th so I'm really looking forward to unwrapping my Ruger Single-Six Hunter tomorrow morning. I should be able to empty a couple of 550 rd bulk packs in the next week, if I work at it. :D

Jack
2row
Levergunner 1.0

Post by 2row »

Well I'm in S.E. Okla an no snow here (yet) hope it doesn't get here If it does I've got my 4 wheelers ready to go Rabbit hunting.
Hillbilly
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Hillbilly »

I resided in the Great Lakes Region for a long time. Today's events in Central Oklahoma would give any winter storm a run for it's money.

Cementhead... the on and off ramp seem to baffle most everyone here... speed up, slow down or get out of the way. The average Okie would not survive a day in Chicago or Los Angeles... at least they all work in a fog here... I have never seen a case of road rage in OKC. I guess it isnt bad driving if you dont know better.

A new law goes into effect soon... we will write tickets for pacing or driving slow in the passing lane. It's about time.
always press the "red" button--- it's worth the effort and the results can be fun
cnjarvis
Senior Levergunner

Post by cnjarvis »

Last I heard there were 16,000 without power statewide and a 50 car pile-up in Midwest City.

Prayers for my fellow Okies.
Alan Wood
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Alan Wood »

Ouch 50 car pile up in midwest city. All you people in the storm have a safe holiday!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

A little sleet and some snow. Nothing fierce that any Nebraskan or Dakotan wouldn't laugh at!

NOT!!!!!

I'm sittin' here in OKC at the T/A, road west was closed and if those idiots in CA woulda ordered their "STUFF" earlier... I wouldn't be here!

Drive around the John Kilpatrick Turnpike earlier this afternoon:

May I advise you Oklahomans to keep your chestnuts roasting by the fire! Merry Christmas!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

got stuck in a 3' snow drift entering my driveway ---- snow accumulation is mild out in the pasture, but predictably, it accumulates harsh in the spots like that.

The one day out of the year i wish i hadnt sold my K-5 --- thankfully, around here its only a handful of days in the year, i'm just going to sit back and enjoy a hot totty or two
----- Doug
Hillbilly
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Hillbilly »

Well... the storm was a week ago. OK City streets still look like a skating ring and City Hall is wondering why pot holes are starting to appear. The just let it go... and hoped the ice would go away. IF they thought they were "too broke" to clear the streets wait until they pay the bills for rebuilding the streets next summer.

Most State Highways looked pretty good after a couple of days. I was out on US 412 east of Tulsa the other day and who ever was assigned to the stretch in Mayes County needs to be fired, shot... and shot again. They left that road and their stretch of US 69 a dangerous mess... and it's still not right as of last night.
always press the "red" button--- it's worth the effort and the results can be fun