OT- Reloading a Single action

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
RustyJr
Levergunner 3.0

OT- Reloading a Single action

Post by RustyJr »

I was wondering if anyone has a video of Jim T. reloading his single action?

Thanks,
RustyJr
Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes.
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT- Reloading a Single action

Post by C. Cash »

Hey Rusty Jr.! Is this the old video of the load/skip proceedure that enables one to have the hammer on an empty chamber? Seems I remember something like that. Or, you talking about actual reloading of powder/primer/bullet into a cartridge?
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
rangerider7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rangerider7 »

If you are talking about loading the SA itself, you just load one, skip the next one, put in 4 more, pull the hammer all the way back from 1/2 cock so you will not put a ring on the cylinder, and let the hammer down on an empty chamber.
"That'll Be The Day"
Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

Post by Doc Hudson »

I think what he has in mind is a video of Jim using his speedloader to rapidly reload his SA sixgun.

In case you haven't been around Brother Jim when he's doing his speed shooting, let me tell you, it sounds like a short burst from an Ingram M-10, and his reloading is almost as fast. I've seen as many as four pieces of brass in the air as he rapidly slapped them out of the cylinder/

I really don't know which is faster, Jim reloading .45 ACP cartridges using a M-1911 magazine as a speedloader or his homemade speedloader for rimmed cartridges.

Either way is would be mighty educational for folks who think SA six-guns are slow to shoot and slower to reload to see Jim Taylor in action.
Doc Hudson, OOF, IOFA, CSA, F&AM, SCV, NRA LIFE MEMBER, IDJRS #002, IDCT, King of Typoists

Amici familia ab lectio est

Image Image
UNITE!
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Cool! Hope we can get a gander at this spectacle.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

I have read of this but not seen it. Maybe before he gets gone we can see it. Reckon maybe Rapid City Terry might have access to it?
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
John in MS
Levergunner 2.0

Post by John in MS »

I would really like to see how this is done, also!!

John
"Pistols do not win wars, but they save the lives of the men who do. The noble 1911 is a mechanical marvel, whose ruggedness, dependability & ferocious power have comforted four issues of GIs and which, unlike any other instrument you can name, is as much superior to its rivals today as it was in 1917."
-Col. Jeff Cooper, 1968
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

John in MS wrote:I would really like to see how this is done, also!!

John
+1
NRA Life Member
gimdandy
Levergunner 2.0

Post by gimdandy »

" is there any video of this? "
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I believe Jim posted a verbal explanation of just HOW he does it but it would be nice to see it in living color.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Wind
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Wind »

Hey there ya'll - I don't know of Jim's but here is Deuce Stevens setting a world record. TWO pistols, ten shots, must ring steel, and all in 2.49 seconds. Best regards. Wind

http://www.spencerhoglund.com/files/DeucePistols249.wmv
Rexster
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Rexster »

Wind wrote:Hey there ya'll - I don't know of Jim's but here is Deuce Stevens setting a world record. TWO pistols, ten shots, must ring steel, and all in 2.49 seconds. Best regards. Wind

http://www.spencerhoglund.com/files/DeucePistols249.wmv
Fast shooting, but this topic is about dumping the brass and getting new cartridges into the weapon.
Have Colts, will travel.

The avatar is the menuki of my Rob Douglas Wakisashi.