Winchester set trigger

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Marc
Levergunner 3.0

Winchester set trigger

Post by Marc »

I got to wondering if anybody makes a reproduction of the early set triggers for the 1873 or 1894? I did a google search and also checked some of the parts suppliers but I didn't find a manufacturer.

I would like to try one for off hand shooting if one could be had for a reasonable price. I am getting old and weak and get tired of holding the rifle up. I figure if I had a set trigger I could get the shot off quicker and wouldn't have to work as hard.
My "HB" (Hunting Buddy) She's a good cook too!
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Re: Winchester set trigger

Post by Sixgun »

Never heard of any in my travels. I do know original 73 set triggers are very troublesome while the ones on the 94's and 85's can be shot 'till the cows come home. One 1885 I have has had the trigger set several thousand times.

Your right on the set trigger being easier to shoot offhand. As long as you hold the gun nice and tight, a set trigger just about eliminates the nasty flinch. You would enjoy it. :D

Keep checking the internet ads and plan to buy an original gun with a set trigger. (if no one makes a repo) There's more of them out there than you think.------------------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Gun Smith
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Gun Smith »

An old, old email I have has a name and address for set trigger parts. I don't know if it's still good.
Reg Holloway

San Jose, CA.

408-294-2989.
Marc
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Marc »

I read somewhere, maybe Madis, that the single set triggers gave problems but the double set trigger was a good reliable unit.

I saw parts somewhere on the internet yesterday. I don't remember who had them but they were pricy and I don't think he had all the parts. I will take a look again later. I would rather find a complete unit.
My "HB" (Hunting Buddy) She's a good cook too!