COST OF 22 RIMFIRE

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Remington40x
Levergunner 2.0

Re: COST OF 22 RIMFIRE

Post by Remington40x »

I paid $28 and change for a brick of 500 CCI standard velocity .22s at the last gun show.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Wally World in Tega Cay SC had a 550 brick, loose pack, of Remington .22 LR fodder for $12.97 when I was in the store last week.
slickrock
Levergunner

Post by slickrock »

I have never bought a thing in a walmart other than having two tires changed on my camper while travelling, they were the only ones open on a friday night at 6pm with two blowouts on I-80 Iowa/Ill border.

however, I buy my 22 ammo 10 bricks at a time and when I walked in yesterday to my local gunshop the bricks were $24.50 a brick! Your choice of Blazer or Wildcat ammo.

I could get them for $18 but had to walk over to walmart and see what they were going for at Wally World...had to see!

they had low stock and were lamenting the massive roughly 100% increase in ammo that would take effect as soon as new stock was brought out, they had Federal High Vel, 36 grain copper washed ammo for $7.97 a 550 bulk pack, new price would be $14.and change....I took all they had including four boxes of Remington 550 bulk pack, total cost for 13 bricks was $110 rounded up. ( roughly 1.5 cents per round. new price will be about 3 cents a round with tax.)

ten bricks at my local shop would be $245, ( 5 cents a round pre-tax roughly) $180 with my frequent buyer deal.(

In hate to think what the cost will be when I run out of reloading components and need to restock.

It's time for a Paco Accurizer in 22 and one in 22 magnum, every shot might be the last!
Member of the old site since June 2003
OJ
Levergunner 3.0

Post by OJ »

Hillbilly wrote:Wally World Guthrie OK

BTW... do all Wal mart clerks ask if your ammo is for a handgun?

Jeff
Truth be known, at my advanced age, nobody asks me anything any more -

:roll: :mrgreen:
OJ KING
SEMPER FI
DUTY, HONOR, COUNTRY
NRA LIFE MEMBER
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

remington brick 11.99 at the local peddler
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Meeteetse
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Meeteetse »

Saturday, November 22, 2008
Academy Sports
Midland, TX
Brick (500) of Remington lead. . . . $15.95
All it takes for tyranny to succeed is for good men to do nothing.

Previous member of Mr. Kelly's forum.
alnitak
Senior Levergunner

Post by alnitak »

I just came from the gun show this weekend. Ammo prices were through the roof! Even .22lr was $32/brick for standard Remington, Aguila and Winchester.
"From birth 'til death...we travel between the eternities." -- Print Ritter in Broken Trail
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

alnitak wrote:I just came from the gun show this weekend. Ammo prices were through the roof! Even .22lr was $32/brick for standard Remington, Aguila and Winchester.
Not good. I was hoping to stock up this weekend during the local gun show here... :(
Lefty Dude
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lefty Dude »

Federal 510's I buy at WalMart, just bought 1000 this morning for 14.70 a brick. I usually by a brick or two every time I am in the area. They are out of stock now. :wink:
SASS# 51223
Arizona Cowboy Shooter's Assoc.
Cowtown Cowboy Shooter's Assoc.

Uberti 73/44-40 carbine, Rossi 92/44-40,
Marlin 94CB/44 24" Limited, Winchester 94/30-30
66GTO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 66GTO »

Lefty Dude wrote:Federal 510's I buy at WalMart, just bought 1000 this morning for 14.70 a brick. I usually by a brick or two every time I am in the area. They are out of stock now. :wink:
For the price you can't beat Federal 510. It shoots better than it should for the price and for not being subsonic. It will shoot the occasional dime size group at 50 yds. from my Savage MKII BV. The odd flier is what will keep it from being a top notch. If I could only have one type ammo for under $3.00 per box for my .22, 510 would be it. Fortunately, my WalMart usually has plenty. I also like Winchester Dynapoint, but I have to mail order it and it has climbed to $20-$30 per box of 500 plus shipping. I tried to get my local WalMart to order it without any luck. Fortunately I have enough to last a little while.
Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death! P Henry

When the Government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the Government, there is tyranny.T Jefferson
AZ Desertrat
Levergunner

Post by AZ Desertrat »

It averages about 14 bucks per brick in the Phoenix area.
"Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less." Robert E. Lee
T191032
Levergunner

Post by T191032 »

Being that it is Christmas Eve, I know where I am not today (that crazy Wal-Mart place!!), but I can report that the ammunition is (to the best of my memory)

Winchester X-Perts were $12.97 last I checked

Winchester 333 were $9.97

Remington's 550 Bulk Pack was $16.97

Winchester Target Dynapoints in black box of 500. $19.99 at the nearest Dick's Sporting Goods, over in Charlottesville, VA.

I paid $9.99 for a pack of 100 Remington CBee's 33-gr HP at DSG the day I was there.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I've been trying to pick up a box of ammo a week since the election, planning to do so through the inauguration. Been buying the 550 Remington bulk packs for $14.97 at Walmart for several weeks, but they have been wiped out since the beginning of December - on .22's and pretty much everything else!
Lefty Dude
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lefty Dude »

It seems like we all have the same mind-set. I have been stocking up on 22's also at my local WM. I was in there Yesterday, and what a Mad House. They were out of all bulk 22's. I buy the Federal 510's by the brick.
I have about 7000 now, and want 10,000 before the end of January. That will give me close to 15,000 total.
SASS# 51223
Arizona Cowboy Shooter's Assoc.
Cowtown Cowboy Shooter's Assoc.

Uberti 73/44-40 carbine, Rossi 92/44-40,
Marlin 94CB/44 24" Limited, Winchester 94/30-30
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Bingo. .22 rimfire are too hard to reload (it is possible, if you are REALLY determined). Figure 20,000 rounds would be good to have.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Just scored a pair of bricks of Winchester X-Pert HV for $12.97 each at Wally World. They finally restocked some, though over half the ammo shelf is wiped out still!!!
66GTO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 66GTO »

Ysabel Kid wrote:Just scored a pair of bricks of Winchester X-Pert HV for $12.97 each at Wally World. They finally restocked some, though over half the ammo shelf is wiped out still!!!
I was in my local WM yesterday to pick up some .35 Remington CoreLokts before the rebate ends and the ammo and firearms cases looked like a ghost town. They had three boxes of .35 Remington left. Now they have one.

I asked the sales lady about it and she gave the expected reply, "It started right after the election." I asked her when they would be getting in new stock and she said it would be a while because even WM's warehouses are out of stock and are backordered from the manufacturers. About the only .22LR they had were some Federal 510's, which is a good thing since they are my most accurate cheap plinking round ($1.47 a box,but a year ago they were 99 cents :( ). Luckily, I stocked up on .22LR before the election, so I should have enough to last me a couple of months :D .
Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death! P Henry

When the Government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the Government, there is tyranny.T Jefferson
Cracker
Levergunner

Post by Cracker »

The local WM doesn't have very much ammo at all (took the only 7-08) and the only .22 they had was 2-50rnd boxs of Rem Goldens yesterday and the guy at the counter said they are not getting shipments like they use to and it goes as fast as it gets there. Stopped by a different WM about 50 miles down the road and the ammo case was full and had 10- 550 Golden boxes for $16.95 each.
Yes, I know it's cocked, It's got bullets too.

ERROR 406: file corrupt: config.america -- reboot constitution? (Y/N)
ceb
Levergunner 3.0

Post by ceb »

I managed to buy 6 of the Winchester X-pert packs at WM on Friday @ 12.97 per 500rd pack. They have been out of all bricks or bulk packs for over two weeks. I bought all they got in!
Hillbilly
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Hillbilly »

Bass Pro Shop...downtown OKC

Winchester Wildcats...$19.90+tax/500... they were no more than $13 6 mo ago

They had Remington loose pack Thunderduds for the same price.

Not much at all in the stock for handgun ammo smaller than 44 mag.
always press the "red" button--- it's worth the effort and the results can be fun
scarville
Levergunner 2.0

Post by scarville »

Just bought four bricks of CCI Blazer 40 gr RN from some local gun stores.

2 @ 19.95/each
2 @ 21.95/each

I checked a some from a year ago: $8.95/ea to $10.95/ea
What most people call a "right" is the equivalent of a dog walking on a leash. Just because your leash is a little longer than the other dogs' does not mean you don't have a master.
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

I love skewing figures. :)

How about $112 US dollars for ONE brick (500 [five hundred] rounds) of what ever brand they happen to have on hand (probably Sellier and Bellot standard velocity at this point)???
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

AmBraCol wrote:I love skewing figures. :)

How about $112 US dollars for ONE brick (500 [five hundred] rounds) of what ever brand they happen to have on hand (probably Sellier and Bellot standard velocity at this point)???
Wow. I'll bet all that does is create a huge black market so the criminals get theirs cheap.

I never asked, and it may be well-known to others on the forum, but what keeps you living there? It must be a special mission, to motivate you to put up with stupid stuff like their gun laws.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

AJMD429 wrote:
AmBraCol wrote:I love skewing figures. :)

Wow. I'll bet all that does is create a huge black market so the criminals get theirs cheap.

I never asked, and it may be well-known to others on the forum, but what keeps you living there? It must be a special mission, to motivate you to put up with stupid stuff like their gun laws.

Well, I do know that there's a lot of folks who always have ammo. :) And I've been offered various weapons over the years - all free of legal papers and such. There's a market for renting firearms for jobs. Need to whack someone? There's someone with just the tool if you know where to look. This is true the world around if you have contacts in the underworld so to speak.

As for what keeps me down here? There's more to life than just satisfying one's whims and desires. If it were for pure personal pleasure and what I enjoy most in this world I'd be in some western state in the US of A or driving truck across the continent. But serving others has its own rewards. And the Good Lord has blessed me in that He's provided even for some of my "wants" and not just my needs.

For more info on who we are and what we do you can check our out of date website at: http://www.sacm.net I really need to take time to update it...
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Saw the first brick of Winchester Wildcats I've seen in a coon's age. They were $21.99 a brick! Only a couple years ago I was buying them regularily on sale at K-Mart for $9.99 a brick!!!
Hillbilly
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Hillbilly »

I found almost a case of those 12.97 Winchesters at the Edmond OK Wal mart about 3 weeks ago... so I picked up 3 of them. Checked last week..they were out.

I travel on business over parts of Arkansas and OK every week... found some of the copper plated Winchester Hi-velocity rounds in Tahlequah Ok... (100 rd plastic boxes)... they had 1000 rounds of that and a few CCI's... I bought 500 rounds of the Winchester for $35. I fugured that was OK... I have a couple of auto loader pistols that feed copper plated ammo better than lead... and the plastic boxes are worth a buck each to me anyway.

Really trying not to hoard... but we try to shoot a brick a month...an I am trying to stay stocked up.
always press the "red" button--- it's worth the effort and the results can be fun
ceb
Levergunner 3.0

Post by ceb »

Since my last post on Jan 19th, the price on the Winchester Xperts has went up a buck a brick to 13.97, Federal 550rd bulk packs were at $14.97ea at my local Walmarts. A year ago they were at $8.97, but at least they have them. Haven't been able to say that in the last few months.
Cliff
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Cliff »

In my latest issue of "The American Rifleman" magazine they are reporting on what new firearms and ammo stuff the manufacturers are going to be putting out the coming years. They mentioned Winchester will be marketing a new 22LR round with the bullets lead free and made of Tin. Both in hollow point and solids. This is evidently due to Californias lead ban. Wonder what it will be selling for, when it will be available and what performance can be expected. Winchester is going with a lead free 22WRM 28 grain. The long rifle bullets will be 30 grain weight. This is the April 2009 issue magazine. Just curious if anyone on here is aware of it. ATB
WinM71
Levergunner 2.0

Post by WinM71 »

The local WallyWorld had plenty of the bulk 500 packs of Winchester Xpert HV today, still $12.97 per. They didn't have any other bulk .22s.
My mind reader refuses to charge me..........

Now listen boy, I'm tryin' to teach you somethin'. That ain't an optical illusion, it only LOOKS LIKE an optical illusion.
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

Local OKc BassPro had plenty lining the shelves at 19.99 a brick ---- last weekends sale lowered it to 16.99/ brick and they disappeared fast ---------- i didnt make it there in time :lol:

i shoot about a brick every 2 months - mostly oyt of my 10-22 T heavy barrel -- so having 10,000 or so of these set back is only a 3 year supply
----- Doug
ba_50
Levergunner

Post by ba_50 »

Federal 510's are still $1.47 or about 1.77 at Walmart. No change.
mod71alaska
Senior Levergunner

Post by mod71alaska »

I bought 2 bricks the other day at WalMart. First I've seen there in a long time. $14.47 each. Two bricks were all they had left from the shipment they received that morning! Stingers were only $5.77 per 100. I bought a brick of those, too. They had quite a few boxes. I'm told Stingers are hard to find in some places in the country.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

My local Wally World had more ammunition in this last weekend than I have seen on their shelves since September last year. Still low on a lot of stuff, including .22 LR bricks (they were out), but they did have a couple boxes left of some handgun ammunition. I haven't seen a box of Stingers in forever.

Walmart still sells the Winchester X-Pert HV bricks for $12.97 when they have them - less than a day whenever they come in. I saw the same box down the road at a local gun store not 5 miles away for $36.95!!! :shock:
mod71alaska
Senior Levergunner

Post by mod71alaska »

Ysabel Kid wrote:I haven't seen a box of Stingers in forever.
I'll get you Stingers if you want some, Jay. PM me.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

mod71alaska wrote:
Ysabel Kid wrote:I haven't seen a box of Stingers in forever.
I'll get you Stingers if you want some, Jay. PM me.
Victor - I think I'm in pretty good shape. I'm buying some .30-06 ammo from Bruce, so will need to replenish the ol' gun funds before looking to buy more! Thanks for the offer!!! :D
Mannlicher
Levergunner

Post by Mannlicher »

the last time I was able to buy a bulk pack of Federal .22 here was back in the fall. Every one of our three wally worlds has been out of stock every trip I have made since then.

Thats not to say I am out though :lol:
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Stopped at the Bass Pro Shops in Concord (NC) on the way back from fishing with 86er. They were much better stocked than what they were just a few weeks ago during my last visit. Several types of powder and kinds of brass. Primers were still almost non-existant, but a lot of ammo was back, including some .22 LR's. Bricks of Winchester X-Pert's were $19.97 each, and they had Stingers! $7.99/100. Only a couple boxes of any ammunition, and still a lot out of stock, but it did appear to be coming back a bit.
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

As I travel this summer I've come across a wide variety of prices. $19.00 for Centurian branded Aguila 22 hollow point. $23.00 per brick for Federal Lightnings. $23.00 per box for Federal bulk pack. $23.00 per brick for ??? (don't recall the brand) for a brick of 22 ammo by b-in-law found. Prices are all over the place. Yesterday a fellow up north of Seattle was asking $5.25 a box for Yellow Jackets.
Paul - in Pereira

COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

A 550 rd bulk pack of Federal .22 at WM is still $13.97 (they get 10-15 boxes every couple of weeks so you have to act fast).
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Wally World had eight bricks of Winchester X-Pert in stock today! I bought two. Kind of irritated as I bought some other things and did not notice they rang up $1.50 more than marked on the shelf ($14.47 versus $12.97). But heck, considering they were there, and Walmart hasn't raised the price that much on them (especially compared to some gun shops selling them for $36!!! :evil: ), I won't complain. I bought two bricks, and some .223 while I was at it! :D The case was more full than I have seen it in almost 10 months. Another guy wiped them out on .40 S&W while I was standing there!
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

It has been over a year since I have been able to get any Federal 510 at Wallyworld, or any other .22 rimfire for that matter and I have 3 stores in my area.
rimrock
Levergunner 2.0

Post by rimrock »

today box of 333 Winchester 36 gr. HP @ 1280 factory est vel was 12.99 at Outdoor World in Katy, Texas.
JP_TX
Levergunner 2.0

Post by JP_TX »

Wallyworld in Lewisville, TX Fed bulk 550. 17.95 They had a few boxes not much of anything else.
JP_TX
444 Marlin
wanders
Levergunner

Post by wanders »

Went to WM to see what might be on the shelf.

Another guy was at the ammo counter asking the woman there if they had the Federal 550 round bricks. She pulled out a list of what was supposed to be on the truck today.and began going through it. Found that the 550's were on the list and offered to go in back and try to find them. She came back with one case of the 550', and another box of assorted ammo.

I bought two boxes, other guy got four. I asked the clerk if she thought they would be sold out tomorrow. She allowed that they probably would.

As I was getting ready to go, a friend of mine walked up and asked what I was buying. I told him, and he bought the rest of the case. WM is out of stock again

Price was $15.47 each- OUCH!
Gary
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Gary »

Remington .22 LRHP "Golden Bullets" were $15.47/550 at my local WalMart this week. I bought three boxes and left the last three boxes for the next guy.

It's the first time I've seen ANY 550 packs of rimfire since November 2008.
Daveb43
Levergunner

Post by Daveb43 »

Just wondering if anyone has seen any PMC Sidwinder ammo. I know its been discontinued but seems like the suppy dried up pretty fast. Its probably the most accurate and consistent 22 LR ammo I've tried in years. Thanks!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Not seen the PMC stuff, but WallyWorld here in Indiana had about a dozen 550-count boxes each of Federals, AND of Remingtons, and another dozen 555-count (don't'cha love it :roll: ) boxes of Winchester.

I helped ease their burden a bit, though. I like the Federals. 8)
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

wanders
Levergunner

Post by wanders »

Matbe the supply situation is easing up. Went in the Wal Mart on the way home yesterday, and the shelves were full of Federal 550 bricks. I just had to pick some up! :mrgreen: $15.47 each.
Moonlitin
Levergunner

Post by Moonlitin »

wanders wrote:Matbe the supply situation is easing up. Went in the Wal Mart on the way home yesterday, and the shelves were full of Federal 550 bricks. I just had to pick some up! :mrgreen: $15.47 each.
Grab them before the price goes up. The Federal 550 bulk packs just went up to $18.97 in Michigan.

Moonlitin
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

$17 for 550 here now - I passed. When they go back under $14, I'll consider it.