All you Okies report in.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
RKrodle
Senior Levergunner

All you Okies report in.

Post by RKrodle »

All you Okies report in and lets us know how your making it with the weather. I was up in Tulsa all week working, managed to get finished up Saturday about 3:00pm and hit the road heading for Texas. I went south of Tulsa on HWY 75, it looked like they got more ice around Glenpool and Okmogee then in Tulsa. The roads were fairly clear but still wet, I was trying to get as far south as possible before it started refreezing. I drove out of it entirely between McAlister and Antlers on the Indian Nations Turnpike, then came on down through Paris and on to home. How about ya'll, I think OK city got it pretty hard.
Ricky

DWWC
Beaker
Levergunner 3.0

Re: All you Okies report in.

Post by Beaker »

Central Kansas area had only about 6 inches of snow, no ice.
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

RKrodle wrote:All you Okies report in and lets us know how your making it with the weather. I was up in Tulsa all week working, ..... How about ya'll, I think OK city got it pretty hard.
Shoot, if you'd been home you'd have needed an ark! It rained all day Thursday and Thursday night. Over your area, the radar showed red and yellow for over 12 hours.

I want you to know, this stuff needs to end before Friday!

I may slip out to the range today if I can find my hip waders.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
cnjarvis
Senior Levergunner

Post by cnjarvis »

We're all ok at my place. No loss of power, no other problems. We even went out for dinner last night. Major streets are mostly clear now due to snow plows and salt/sand trucks but neighborhood streets are a solid sheet of ice. My truck had 1/4 - 3/8" of ice onit when I went out to start it yesterday.

Glad you made it home ok Ricky.
deerwhacker444
Senior Levergunner

Post by deerwhacker444 »

Had to come to work today, I was going Stir Crazy. Been shut up in the house since Thursday. Power went out for about 12 hours on Thursday night. Was about 52 degrees in the house that morning, pretty chilly. Luckily the power came back on by 9:00 AM or so. We had 1/2"-3/4" of ice, but the trees have been holding, only lost 1 limb that I can find.

Power surge when the power went out fried my computer so I had no link to the outside world, couldn't get my vehicle out cause of the snow till today. The longest 3 days of my life.
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men
shall possess the highest seats in Government,
our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots
to prevent its ruin
." Samuel Adams
Hillbilly
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Hillbilly »

I probably have 6 or 8 inches of snow here in Guthrie. We had 3/8" of ice under it. The wind did not blow much--- that saved a lot of trouble.

We were out of lights for about 3 hours Friday night.(Central Rural Electric Co OP best service ever).. back on before 9 PM. I hear we are going to get another shot of winter later this week
always press the "red" button--- it's worth the effort and the results can be fun
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

Came through basically OK, but like Deerwhacker said - "was a long 3 days" --- I finally chipped the ice off my tractor and box blade yesterday afternoon so i could get to work digging myself out, it was just depressing thinking of getting on it any sooner when i saw 2' icicles hanging from the rollover bar and it was covered in 1/2" of ice. Thanks to 3 frigid hours riding the JD, i can now come and go as i please :D

Ironically my 4wd Ford has highway oriented tires and is stuck in a low spot and is going nowhere soon, but i can drive all over the place in my wife's little Honda Accord (snow not really deep at all, but the ground is covered still with an inch of ice --- the box blade cleared a path, but even it couldnt get all the ice -- note to self: get better Ag style tires before this happens next year and ditch the turf tires :lol: )

One bright spot was watching "Chisum" and "True Grit" a couple of nights ago, i had honestly not seen either, but the wife picked me up some new DVD's at Sams Club before the storm hit :D
----- Doug
Hillbilly
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Hillbilly »

Streetstar... if you can find a set of chains for that tractor they do the trick. I plowed a lot of snow on a 9N over the years.... chains are a "must have" and ribbed feild tires get stuck with regularity without chains.

I had to hit a car wash on the way into work this morning... ice inside the wheels was about to vibrate me right off I 35!
always press the "red" button--- it's worth the effort and the results can be fun
firefuzz
Senior Levergunner

Post by firefuzz »

My son and my mother both lost power, mine was on again, off again for a bit. The boy and his fieance had to stay with me two days after he wound up in the ditch trying to get to work Friday morning. We got about 6" of snow on top of an inch of ice. Spent most of the time Fri-Sun morn ferrying people around and fetching them back. Then the thermo-couple went out on my central heat yesterday afternoon...not expensive just a PITA.

Resting today.

Rob
Proud to be Christian American and not ashamed of being white.

May your rifle always shoot straight, your mag never run dry, you always have one more round than you have adversaries, and your good mate always be there to watch your back.

Because I can!

Never grow a wishbone where a backbone ought to be.