My New Hawken

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Swampman
Levergunner 3.0

My New Hawken

Post by Swampman »

"I have reached up to the gun rack and taken down the .30/30 carbine by some process of natural selection, not condoned perhaps by many experts but easily explained by those who spend long periods in the wilderness areas."~Calvin Rutstrum~

"You come to the swamp, you better leave your skirt at the house"~Dave Canterbury~
nemhed
Senior Levergunner

Re: My New Hawken

Post by nemhed »

Nice! Looks like a Thompson Center. I've got its less flashy Renegade sister. :wink:
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Nice TC if it shoots as well as my Renegade you will love it. :D
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

Nice !! They are great shooters. Try the TC Maxi-Ball. It was designed for that rifle. :D
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Sweet!!! :mrgreen:
Swampman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Swampman »

I traded my 700ML for it. It was the last of my plastic guns and I fet it just didn't fit in with the rest of my collection. It's just a regular old T/C .50 with a 1-48" twist. The stock has some pretty curl but you can't really see it. Notice the "trade knife" my friend gave me. I had a .54 for awhile but it was much heavier.
"I have reached up to the gun rack and taken down the .30/30 carbine by some process of natural selection, not condoned perhaps by many experts but easily explained by those who spend long periods in the wilderness areas."~Calvin Rutstrum~

"You come to the swamp, you better leave your skirt at the house"~Dave Canterbury~
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I never shot anything but RB's out of my Lyman GP rifle but I used a .495 ball w/ .10 pillow ticking patch that I had dry lubed with machinist's oil. 50 grains of 3F will make nice little groups. No need to get carried away with the powder unless you just want to beat yourself up.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Nice. I've got it's twin in 54.
Old Law Dawg
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Congrats! I think the T/C's are about the best production ML's going. I could kick myself for selling my Renegade 54.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

I managed to drag in alot of prizes with the TC Hawkens 50 I put together from a kit in the 70's. I did have to change the sights to get the best accuracy, but with a .490 rb and .015 patches, 50 grs of 3f for my target load, and 80 grs for hunting.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Oh yes, very nice :D made smoke yet?

Nath.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Swampman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Swampman »

I just got it but I'll get it to the range pretty quick. This one is at least 20 years old and it's very clean.

nemhed
Senior Levergunner

Post by nemhed »

I shoot the T/C 350gr Maxihunter over 90gr (by volume) of Pyrodex. It does great on deer but that load is sure hard on my cheekbone. A round ball over 70grs is very accurate and pleasant to shoot. Have fun with that thing!