Browning Thread w/ BLR's

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bruce
Levergunner 3.0

Browning Thread w/ BLR's

Post by Bruce »

Lately I have noticed an increase in the topics concerning Browning BLR's. Recently I have posted that I went to all Brownings this past year, and I am trying to get to one caliber (30-06) w/ all my center fire rifles. So, for your viewing pleasure (I hope) here is my little collection.

BLR Lightweight Takedown 30-06 on the bottom. BLR Lightwieght 81 270 in the middle. BLR Stainless Lightweight 81 Takedown 450 Marlin on the top.

The two takedowns w/ the barrels off.

A Belgium made BAR 30-06 on the bottom. A 1997 BPR (Pump) 30-06 on the top.

The BPR w/ the action back. I really like these.

A Sweet Sixteen on the top and a BL-22 on the bottom.

I hope you like. :D
http://www.pumprifle.org/
Bruce Hamlin's Pump Rifle Forum
win92
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Browning Thread w/ BLR's

Post by win92 »

I see you like Brownings EH? Personally I have never had a desire for the lever actions like those in your pics .( Too modern I guess) I recently read a book on Bullard and note that He too used a rack and pinion system in his lever guns of old. I love Browning equipment and have a fair bit of it Rifles shotguns etc. It is great stuff and well made.
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Those lil blr22's are probably the most overlooked fantastic lil rifles there is. The sweet little short lever throw and the accuracy just make for a fine do it all 22.
Good pictures thanks for sharing.
pokey
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pokey »

cool, thanks.
careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

"BECAUSE I CAN"
Wes
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Wes »

Very nice bunch of Brownings. I like my two BLR's very much.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Some very nice guns right there. :mrgreen:
Bruce
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bruce »

Thanks for the comments. I really like the way the Brownings come to shoulder or fit me if you will. Just right. I also like the short throw of the BL-22 lever. As you can tell, my 51 year old eyes are begining to tell on me. I had to go to scopes this year on my hunting rifles. I hope to try the Burris Fastfire II on one of them this summer.
t.r.
Levergunner 3.0

Post by t.r. »

Now you need to get a Browning tattoo. Nope, that's not me.

Fire Up the Grill - Hunting is NOT Catch & Release!
nemhed
Senior Levergunner

Post by nemhed »

That stainless takedown looks darn handy!
Bruce
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bruce »

T.R.

Thanks, but I think I will pass. :lol:

Nemhed,

That stainless 450 does handle extremly well in my opinion. I bought that particular rifle for my son in law and carried him out to sight it in. After a few shots, he asked if it would hurt my feelings if he gave it back. He is a big fella, but apparently the recoil was effecting him. I shot it a few times and it does not seem too bad to me. I did not hunt w/ it this year, but have carried it around and it is real handy. Some people do not like the long action BLR's because of the balance I guess. I do note there is a difference between the LA and SA, but either one is OK for me. The SA's are about one inch shorter in the receiver and I am pretty sure all of them have 20" barrels vs. the 22" barrels on the LA's. S/A's run about 6 lbs. 8 oz's and LA's about 7 lbs. 12 oz's according to Browning.

I do like the takedowns, mostly for the ability to clean the barrel from the chamber end. My only hesitation w/ the stainless models is the use of the flourescent front sight. I may end up liking them, but I will not know until I carry one hunting for awhile. I am on the lookout for one of the stainless models in 30-06.
blackhawk44
Levergunner 2.0

Post by blackhawk44 »

It would likely appear a bit awkward, but I have believed for some time that the BLR's with recoil any heavier than the .358 should have a buttstock that is wider than standard and taller from heel to toe. They need something akin to the stocks that factories put on other magnum and dangerous game rifles. They simply need more surface area to help dissipate recoil. With that change and the addition of a Sorbothane type pad, I believe that the magnum calibers would become much more popular.