OT-So ya'll think you got snow out east?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old Time Hunter
Advanced Levergunner

OT-So ya'll think you got snow out east?

Post by Old Time Hunter »

Here is the western U.P. of Michigan...one snow fall!

Otto
Levergunner 3.0

Re: OT-So ya'll think you got snow out east?

Post by Otto »

Ugh.
"...In this present crisis, government isn't the solution to the problem; government is the problem." Ronald Reagan

"...all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed." Declaration of Independence
Booger Bill
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Booger Bill »

Where is that OTH? I used to work around hancock holton about 47 years ago.
Terry Murbach
Shootist

Post by Terry Murbach »

YEP, MY S-I-L LIVES ON THE KEEWEENA IN THE U.P. AND GETS 300" OF SNOW A YEAR AND THINKS NOTHING OF IT. MY WIFE JUST WENT UP TO VISIT HER A WEEK AGO SO THEY CAN ATTEND THE WINTER FESTIVAL AT MICH-TECH. I GUESS THERE IS NOT ENOUGH WINTER HERE IN THE DAKOTAS TO SATISFY HER AND OFF SHE GOES TO THE FAR NORTH COUNTRY. SO......ALL I HAVE TO DO IS BATCH IT FOR TWO OR THREE WEEKS OR SO.....OH WOE IS ME....BOOKS TO READ....AMMO TO LOAD....WHISKEY TO SIP.....THE DOGS TO KEEP ME COMPANY....sigh....
RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT, AND SPEAK THE TRUTH
Old Time Hunter
Advanced Levergunner

Booger Bill wrote:Where is that OTH? I used to work around hancock holton about 47 years ago.
Right about where Terry's wife is right now!
Booger Bill
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Booger Bill »

Keeweena penisala. Copper Harber. Been there, but not in winter! Beautifull country. Also worked part of two summers out of sault st marie in 1963 and 1964. I was a foreman treating old utility poles for groundline decay in those days.
2X22
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 2X22 »

Terry Murbach wrote:.....OH WOE IS ME....BOOKS TO READ....AMMO TO LOAD....WHISKEY TO SIP.....THE DOGS TO KEEP ME COMPANY....sigh....
Sounds like MY life! Except, today I threw in a nap 'bout 11 a.m. for something different......... :mrgreen:

And yep, life is good............ :lol: :lol:

2x22
"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." - Thomas Jefferson
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Yep, they can have it too. We are about to get slammed for the third time this winter--starting tomorrow night. Even with all of my snow removal toys, I'm gettin' sick of it :D -----------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

bigbore442001
Levergunner 3.0

Post by bigbore442001 »

How well does the game handle the snowfall? I know northern Maine had a really bad winter last year and lost approximately half of their northern herd.
Old Time Hunter
Advanced Levergunner

Bigbore that is a great question, but most start herding up this time of the year in more protected areas, kinda like this:

Mich Hunter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mich Hunter »

The U.P. winters can be unforgiving. I have 11 acres on Keweenaw Bay. The winters are harsh and the snow gets deep there as the moister is picked up off of the water. My old man has 120 acres on the east side outside of Paradise and it's the same there.
Booger Bill
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Booger Bill »

That picture looks a lot like this one of antelope that my wife took a couple weeks ago.

brno602
Levergunner 2.0

Post by brno602 »

Booger Bill wrote:That picture looks a lot like this one of antelope that my wife took a couple weeks ago.

I love this pic! I live in the Northern Range of the Antelope so we do not have as many as Montana but I have even seen them near Police lake that is a stone throw from Montana near Waterton on are side or Glacier on the U.S Side, 20 min Drive from the biggest Grizzly population in the lower 48 or Southern Canada. You will find a lot more 150 miles east though in the flat country.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

we have another 10-18 inches coming starting tomorrow, still short of those totals but its paralyzing the atlantic seaboard.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Paul Jenkins
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Paul Jenkins »

I got 25" last Sat. About 3PM I got a knock on the door with 2 young men asking if I would like my driveway shoveled. I asked how much and they responded , Free. I told them I would pay $20 each and handed them 2 shovels. They shoveled about an hr. when I invited them in for hot chockolate. Turned out they were Mormon missionaries doing their obligatory service work for the week. They walked a mi. to get here, knocking on doors along the way. The rds. were not plowed, so I took them home in my 4WD. They didn't know my entire family are Mormon except for me. I'm the black sheep in the family, but I still love them. Getting another predicted 15" or so tomorrow. Around here 60" in one season of snow will be an all time record.
Paul Jenkins
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Paul Jenkins »

Old Time Hunter. The snowfall you picture wold cover my house above the peak of the roof. Most likely killing millions around here.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Has anyone heard from ALGORE?
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
gimdandy
Levergunner 2.0

Post by gimdandy »

RIHMFIRE wrote:Has anyone heard from ALGORE?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I would love to have a snow"blower" like that!
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Booger Bill
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Booger Bill »

I had to laugh when I read Paul Jenkins post on the Mormon missionarys shoveling his driveway as they considered it part of their obligatory good deeds because of their religious beliefs!
We live in utah and ARE NOT Mormon. Neighbors shovel my driveway every time it snows. They will take nothing! At first I thought it because I am old and three spins on the scale! They are good people!
We are Christians, just not their brand. Non Mormons are "Gentiles". I am real, real glad that they no longer practice "Blood Atonement". That was where they thought they were saving a Mormons sole when the guy was backsliding by cutting their throats about a 160 years ago!
My mother in law, (wife's stepmother) heard we were moving here. She told us John Doyle Lee was her great great grandfather. Lee was the only person executed for his part in the "mountain meadows massacre on 09/11/1857! That was when about 122 people were massacred in a wagon train passing through by a Mormon militia and local Indians. About 16 young children below 8 years old were spared and adopted out, as it was thought they would be too young to remember the event.
Mother of all coincidences!! Last Thanksgiving we had a large family get together. My step daughter got engaged and his mother was at the doings. My mother in law, and son in laws to be,s mother got to comparing notes. His mother is a descendant of one of those orphans from the massacre, and my mother in law is the descendant of the ring leader! Hopefully they will have a kid together that will be able to point out that he is a descendant of both sides of the affair!

If you get a chance, try to get a copy, or see the movie, "September Dawn". It is about the massacre, and features Jon Voight. Truth is stranger than fiction!
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

BoogerBill,

That post takes the award for topic drift... :wink:

Seriously, that is a fascinating subject.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson