OT - And I Thought Jack Bauer Was The Man ;-))

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

OT - And I Thought Jack Bauer Was The Man ;-))

Post by cshold »

I’ve recently been doing a lot of forum research in the deep world of shotgunning. And that is no understatement “it is deep”

Did you all know that the downfall of the world was when the modern factory loaded plastic shotshell started using wads with shotcups. Supposedly negated the need and proper function of the choke.

The demise of the perfect shotgun gauge the sweet 16 was another very dark night in the world. The gun rag writers got the biggest blame for that one.

Anyway I could go on and on. It is all very interesting and I am sure there is indeed some validity too much of it.

The thing I noticed the most in my traveling all of those forums was this ever familiar name kept showing up. :o

Yes our very own Hobieator. 8)
I don’t know how you do it brother Hobie, but you have my vote as king of the gun forums. :wink:
Lobo
Member Emeritus

Re: OT - And I Thought Jack Bauer Was The Man ;-))

Post by Lobo »

Well, Mr. Hobie.....nice to have you around!

We all know it's better to soar with the eagles than strut with the "turkeys"!!
Lobo in West Virginia
Old List Veteran..Five Years..Five Hundred Posts
nemhed
Senior Levergunner

Post by nemhed »

What none of you realize is that Hobie is a actually a composite AI personality that doesn't actually exist in what we consider the "real" world. The movie "Tron" was loosely based on Hobie v1.2. I know I've seen Hobie make multiple posts on multiple forums at the same time. Don't ask me how I know these things

casastahle,

It's been nice haveing you around here, I guess we've lost you to the "scattergunners".
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Windows and tabs are wonderful tools! :lol:

I just hope you're not linking me with some of the loonies on those forums! :twisted: :wink: :lol: I think some of them just sit and sniff their old paper hulls while watching tapes of Curt Gowdy and Grits Gresham shoot pheasant in Kansas... not that that isn't fun. :lol:
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

nemhed wrote:What none of you realize is that Hobie is a actually a composite AI personality that doesn't actually exist in what we consider the "real" world. The movie "Tron" was loosely based on Hobie v1.2. I know I've seen Hobie make multiple posts on multiple forums at the same time. Don't ask me how I know these things

casastahle,

It's been nice haveing you around here, I guess we've lost you to the "scattergunners".

LOL I'm not going away from this great forum and group of great people.
Just off gathering information to satisfy this latest craze I’m currently
enthralled with. :D
Adobe Walls
Levergunner

Post by Adobe Walls »

Howdy

Funny that a 16 ga. gun would get mentioned here...Especially since I drooled all over a 1922 vintage Mod. 12 Winchester 16 ga. this past weekend. Maybe it wouldn't be a pretty sight to see me running around with disposable income at a gunshow....scary thought, but since it's currently just a fantasy I guess it's OK.... :lol: AW

P.S.
What else are you supposed to do with those old paper shotshells besides sniff (deeply inhale) them before AND after firing them?????
Buck Elliott
Member Emeritus

Post by Buck Elliott »

One of my longest-held dreams is to own a high-grade 16-ga., with straight-grip stock, splinter foreend, and HAMMERS, all most exquisitely put together in a light and lithe package --- one that seems to literally come "alive" in the hands. One that shoots exactly where it (and I..) looks, and never fails to find its mark...

Maybe --- someday --- maybe. Someday
Regards

Buck

Life has a way of making the foreseeable that which never happens, and the unforeseeable, that which your life becomes...
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

Buck Elliott wrote:One of my longest-held dreams is to own a high-grade 16-ga., with straight-grip stock, splinter foreend, and HAMMERS, all most exquisitely put together in a light and lithe package --- one that seems to literally come "alive" in the hands. One that shoots exactly where it (and I..) looks, and never fails to find its mark...

Maybe --- someday --- maybe. Someday
Buck I think deep down inside that is every hunter/gunners dream. :)
oic0
Levergunner 2.0

Post by oic0 »

And all I've got is this ugly ol browning 16 gauge auto :(