What if's/your next possible purchase?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

What if's/your next possible purchase?

Post by CowboyTutt »

OK, I know this idea has been kicked around before, but I need a distraction and hope you guys will help me out.

I am rich on gun ideas but low on cash for at least a few more months. I will probably be buying my first dirt bike in 30 days or so, and have many motorcycle trips planned for this year, so this situation is mostly my fault. But I'm always looking for that next special gun when the cash comes in from time to time.

Mostly, I think I need to buy my first shotgun and I want a semi-auto one with the flexibility to shoot 2 3/4 to 3 1/2 inch shells which limits the playing field substantially. If the very small inheritance, stuck in probate, ever comes through, I really like the new Beretta A-400 Explor Unico. Its a very progressive but classic design.

https://www.berettausa.com/e2wshoppingc ... 3100001645

Its as nice a shotgun as you could ever want or need.

But I may settle happily for a Tri-Star semi-auto like Jeff Quinn's:

http://www.gunblast.com/TriStar-TSACamo.htm

Jeff ended up buying this shotgun he tested, he liked it so much. There is no higher praise than that.

I also have another project already started with Mic McPherson based upon a Winchester '88 platform. I already purchased one magazine and had Mic convert it to cycle the new wildcat chambering (a 284 Win necked up to 416) to see if it was even possible. It seems that it is. And even Dick Casull told me (Dick is a true Winchester fan, guys!) that the rifle was strong enough for the chambering and between him and Mic, that is certainly good enough for me.

Now I just need to find a very late model '88 donor rifle and the funds to buy it (and someone who sells to CA :evil: )

So, I have many ideas, and I'm sure they will all happen eventually, but not right away. I confess my need to have atypical, even esoteric, firearms. Sigh. :roll: :lol:

How about you guys? :?: What are you thinking about buying and why?

-Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel
Ysabel Kid

Re: What if's/your next possible purchase?

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Andy -

I know this has almost no use whatsoever, but after watching about 40 hours of "Wanted: Dead or Alive" on DVD's over the last couple months, I want a mare's leg in the worst way!!!

Also thinking of adding a 1861 Colt Navy reproduction to my herd sooner rather than later. It will cost a lot less than the mare's leg! :wink:
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

You know you can buy more expensive, and you can buy name dropper yuppy guns, but day in and day out the Remington 1100 family will work as well as any.
Personally I'm a huge fan of the 870 express in 20 ga 3 inch.
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

YK, I feel your pain! Every time I watch Appaloosa I feel the deep need for an 8 guage SxS!!!!

Don, I can tell you have been talking to Old Savage! Its a heaping conspiracy!!!! :lol: :lol: Just kidding.

I don't have a single high dollar yuppy gun in my collection, not even a Freedom Arms, so I'm sure I can handle just one. :wink:

-Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)

.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Weeeeell since You asked, in the last couple of years I picked up three Marlin's a 32-20 a 30-30 and a 45-70. when they announced the .338 it caught My eye.I need a rifle with a little extended range. last week when Remington announced they would be loading there Core-Loct ammo (250gr) for the Marlin .338 it pushed Me over the edge and Leveritis took hold. :shock: .I stopped by the local toy shop and He made Me an excellent offer. I picked it up yesterday and it's very Nice. now just for some ammo.Midway says the Remington will be out in early april. Can't wait.
Last edited by .45colt on Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray Newman »

Shiloh - Sharps .50-70 Gov't. Business Rifle with a 1:36 twist to stabilize the lighter .50 cal. bullets.

Why?:
-- I always wanted a Business Rifle in .50-70 Gov't to "accompany" my .45-2.1" Business Rifle.
-- Really don't want to put any more wear and tear on my NY State Remington System (AKA Rolling Block) and 2nd Allin Conversion Trapdoor.
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

45colt, that sounds like a nice rifle. I already own a BLR in 358 Win which I consider to be the equal of the 338 you mention, but if not I would be right behind you!

Ray, that sounds like an unusual Sharps rifle to be sure. I tend to favor the heavy-for-caliber weights because of the proposed benefits in penetration (if I ever follow through and go hunting now that I have the license) and also for long range, or ultra long range, shooting as the heavy bullets can perform better-sometimes.

But I could see how your idea makes sense. There is a lot to be said for "express" chamberings.

-Tutt

Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Well Blaine, you can't blame a guy for fishin! :lol:

Poor Old Savage has been the brunt of some advances from me as well!

I have no shame. :oops:

-Tutt

.45_Rich
Levergunner

Post by .45_Rich »

What would I buy?
.30-30 Marlin 336
.45-70 Marlin 1895 GS
.300 Sav Savage 99
.357 Ruger GP100

I would also like to start shooting my Colt SSA .38/40, Colt .45 ACP. and Colt .22 Woodsman on a regular basis.
2X22
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 2X22 »

4 5/8" Ruger .44 Special.

2x22
"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." - Thomas Jefferson
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

Pedersoli Sharps Quigley model ---- Cabelas has a deal that includes a globe type sight , etc. ----- this is my first choice

In truth i will probably buy a Sig 238 though for carry use ---the little 1911 type .380------- boring but practical

I also want a USFA Rodeo 2 in storekeeper format.
Then there is the overwhelming need for a pair of Colt SAA's in 7.5 and 4.75 , plus a 6920 AR.

Geez -- i just named 6 grand worth of guns --- i need another job :lol:
----- Doug
missionary5155
Levergunner 3.0

Post by missionary5155 »

Good morning
I do not get real choosy. I am just looking for whatever comes along I can afford at the moment. Trading material is great to have.
But the top of my list is a good used matchlock... possible leaning to the Dutch design. Then a Spencer. And any 38 caliber rifle that looks interesting.
A sinner saved by FAITH in the Blood of Jesus Christ &teaching God´s Word in Peru. John 3:36
Tanker 71-74 NRA Life Ready to Defend the Constitution from enemies within and without.
Thunder50
Senior Levergunner

Post by Thunder50 »

I would like one of the Big Horn Armory 500 S&W rifles. However, since I can't get them to reply to my inquiries, don't see it happening!!
The meek shall inherit the earth, but I reserve the mineral rights!
All the knowledge in the world, is of no use to fools! (Eagles-long road out of Eden)
86er
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 86er »

Need to get a 1911 - just don't know which one yet.
Professional Hunter
http://www.TARSPORTING.com
"Worldwide Hunting Adventures"

Professional Hunters Assoc of South Africa
SCI - Life Member
NRA - Life Member
NAHC - Trophy Life Member
DWWC - Member
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

toss up between 3 guns..
a uberti 1876 or
an original 1886
or original 1892 in 44-40 :wink:

dang....forgot about a 71?!!!
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

Let's see...

I need to get my Swede Mauser sporter project sorted, start gathering parts for a M1903 restoration and a 1903A3 sporter project and that settles it for rifles.

I'd like a full size .45ACP 1911 as a parts swapping learning tool (like an RIA or the like), an Officer's sized to try out and a full sized .38 Super. If I don't like the Super I can get a 9x19 and/or 9x23 barrel to fool with. Maybe even a new ejector and .400 CorBon barrel, who knows? :mrgreen: That probably settles it for handguns.

I'd LOVE an Advantage Arms Target .22LR conversion for the 1911 but I can't justify the cost for what would be a really high end plinker in my hands. :oops: I do need one of the standard conversions for my G19 though. Too bad they're all backordered 14+ weeks. :cry:

Of course I need to move what I have listed in the FS Forum first.... :wink: :lol:
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
shooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by shooter »

There are so many I don't know where to start. I only have one semi-auto rifle, and I've been thinking real hard about building an AR lately, so that will probably be the first thing on the list.

I've also been wanting a Colt SAA or good reproduction in .45 Colt, and my uncle has a nice Bisley Vaquero .45 worked over by Clements that I've had my eye on for years. That may be the next addition after the AR. I'd also like a '92 in .357, a '73, a '76, and an '86. Oh, and a Savage 99. Like I said, way too many, but one can always dream.
‎"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen" - Samuel Adams
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

3" nickel .357 Colt Python
Passed one up about 4 years ago for $600 and have been kicking myself ever since.
This friend at work who had this very small gun shop on the side kept bugging me for about 6 months to buy it.
Didn't want nickel then-----do now!
Don't expect to get it now for $600 though.

Also would like to get another .357 Colt Magnum Carry
nemhed
Senior Levergunner

Post by nemhed »

I currently have modest plans: my next purchase will be a Henry leveraction youth carbine in 22lr. After reading all the positive comments on them here on this forum and the fact that Marlin doesn't make a Mountie model anymore and if they did it would have a crossbolt safety and a rebounding hammer I decided I "needed" one of these little Henrys. I picture one of these tiny carbines being great for confined space varmint control!
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Three extremes for me:

I want to make M1 Carbine setup with scope rail, perhaps in a paratrooper stock. Not sure why, just think it would be fun.

Another gun I'm looking for is a 12 bore sxs, Holland and Holland true paradox or perhaps one like the feature shotgun/rifle in the double gun journal

the final is a sxs 10 bore hammer gun, with good steel barrels - Parker or a British Best .
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

In no particular order, and different each day:

1-A David Clay Marlin Takedown in Stainless, 44 Mag.
2-New Big Horn Armory 86/92
3-Shiloh heavy bl 45-70 or 45-90

no.1
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Mike, I had to pass on a nice Parker 10 guage with external hammers one year ago this February. I needed the money to buy my Harley with, and while I don't regret my decision, I sure whish I could have afforded both. Not seen such a nice one in that configuration since. :(

-Tutt

Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray Newman »

“Ray, that sounds like an unusual Sharps rifle to be sure. I tend to favor the heavy-for-caliber weights because of the proposed benefits in penetration (if I ever follow through and go hunting now that I have the license) and also for long range, or ultra long range, shooting as the heavy bullets can perform better-sometimes.
--Tutt

Tutt: really don’t think it will be so unusual. The Sharps factory .50 rounds were not loaded with heavy bullets for the calibre:

-- A re-print of the1879 Sharps Rifle Company catalogue. It states that the Sharps .50 bullets were 425 and 335 grns greased grooved and 473 grn-paper patch (PP) swaged.

-- Martin Rywell’s Sharps Rifle: The Gun That Shaped American Destiny”, lists the same. Available from Buffalo arms for the princely sum of US $8.50:
http://www.buffaloarms.com/browse.cfm/4,3164.html

Rywell’s book is a treasure-trove of information on the Sharps rifles and also has a reprints of the various catalogues. The catalogues contained the Sharps rifle Company’s directions for loading target and sporting ammunition. For those that would like to reload in this fashion, that information alone is worth the price!

-- Frank Sellers’ “Sharps Firearms”, in the cartridge section, states:

1869 sporting rifle: 50-70-1.75” (AKA 50-70 Gov’t.) -- 475 grn grooved ball and 500 grn PP. Post 1876, no more .50 calibre rifles made except “to order”. Standard Sharps loads for the 50-70 were the 425 grooved and 473 PP bullets.

1872: .50 cal. 2” straight case introduced. Last shipped in April 1876. Very few bullets offered in .50 cal -- 335 grn express, 425 and 457 grn grooved and 457 and 500 PP. Sellers claims that as far as it is known only the 457 grn grooved and the 500 grn PP were factory loaded in the 2” case.

July 1872: .50 cal 2.5” case introduced -- AKA the “Big Fifty”. Standard loads: 50-100-425 and 473 grns and both PP. Sellers claims it was not a particular popular cartridge and that the “Big Fifty” went out of favor when the new longer range .45 proved itself.

As an aside, the late Frank Sellers was the considered one of the “Deans” of the Sharps rifle company, the company’s ammunition, reloading tools, etc. Many consider his book as the Bible on the Sharps. While not exactly inexpensive, it is well worth the price and available from Buffalo arms:
http://www.buffaloarms.com/browse.cfm/4,3095.html

Hosmer’s “The .58 and .59 Caliber Rifles & carbines of the Springfield Armory 1865-1872”, has interesting information on the military rounds and rifles, which had a slow 1:40 (approx.) twist.
https://www.northcapepubs.com/#springfield

From what I’ve read and seen, seems that the heavy bullet and faster twist syndrome for the .50 cal. are a rather recent innovation. And they can be real eye openers to shoot. I once shot a .50-3.25“ -650 Long Range Sharps Express. With the faster twist , the barrel would only stabilize a 650 grn. bullets :o . After shooting it twice, I realized why the owner wanted to sell it. :lol: :lol: I was a slow learner -- took me two rounds to figure it out! :lol: :lol:

My re-barreled (Badger 1:18 twist) 13lbs. 45- 2 7/8” Borchardt is a “hoot to shoot”, but after about 45 rounds with its 550 grn Creedmoor bullet, it is “tiring“.

Lastly, don’t under estimate a .45-70 with a case full of black powder and the “lowly” soft alloy 500 grn Gov’t style bullet. Hunters on the Shiloh board are reporting very deep penetration and sometimes complete pass through on deer and buffalo with this combination. Of course, for a flatter trajectory, the .45-27/8 (AKA .45-110) is the cat’s meow for hunting and the bee’s knees for LR target work. However, the .45-2.4” (erroneously AKA the .45-90)is not too far behind....
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

rjohns94 wrote:Three extremes for me:

I want to make M1 Carbine setup with scope rail, perhaps in a paratrooper stock. Not sure why, just think it would be fun.

Another gun I'm looking for is a 12 bore sxs, Holland and Holland true paradox or perhaps one like the feature shotgun/rifle in the double gun journal

the final is a sxs 10 bore hammer gun, with good steel barrels - Parker or a British Best .
I have been bit real hard by the Parker bug myself. :D
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Tutt If I were to spend your money for something for myself, right now it would most likely be a Shiloh roughrider 32 inch standard octagon barrel, 44-77 and have them mount up the MVA long range soule with the hadley and the lowprofile level front sight with the B card inserts. :mrgreen: And if you have enough left over have em upgrade the wood one notch. :D
bsaride
Senior Levergunner

Post by bsaride »

OK, here goes,

I am buying the 45-70 from Jims support group, lol.
Why, because I needed an overpriced 45-70, don't have one in the collection yet and it was on my list.

That will be followed by a S&W K/L frame gun to fit the Fuzzy Farrant grips I found last year.
I have my eye on a S&W 296 Ti as it will work and I sure love my 44 Special.

I also want a .223 and considering a Ruger Ranch Rifle.
KI6WZU
NRA member
"When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer 'present' or 'not guilty.'"
--President Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919)

“Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner”
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

would like to find, reasonably priced of course :D :

Remington 721, .300 H& H
Winchester 52 repro
BSA Martini MKII
Bigahh
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bigahh »

Tutt that Shotgun sounds, and looks like a pretty good deal. I checked them out on Gunbroker after reading your post, and if a guy would want a 3" chamber variety they are even better priced. I do not need another shotgun, but you never know what will happen if you really like yours after you buy it. Please post a report if you do. For myself, I am really thinking of a thick brush rifle in 45/70 as I do not have one. Got myself a bran new Deer spot that 70 yards would be an eternity. Got some Huge Bucks on Camera in December, and would like a real heavy Bullet for that area as it is thicker than you can ever imagine. If you would happen to fall down in there, you would never hit the ground it is so thick! Have been thinking of filling a void in my safe with a Big Bore, but that new Marlin 338 is just scratching away at me also......to be continued with a picture within a month once I decide. :D
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

The Short Lits:
Want,
A Savage 99 in 250-3000 or 300 Savage.
Sharps SRC in 45-70
Rem 8 or 81 in 35 Rem.

What I need is:
S&W or Taurus 5 shot revolver.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

in this order: repro 1895 src 30-06. rossi 1892 src 16" barrel in .357 s&w. henry .22 lever. repro blunderbuss. this is my want list and wil end my firearm purchaces forever. if, i decide to take to take up goose hunting this fall, i'll NEED a 10 gauge double with exposed hammers or a 12 gauge 3 1/2 magnum pump. :wink:
375hh1973
Levergunner 1.0

Post by 375hh1973 »

Thinking really hard about getting a Montana Rifles M70 stainless long action and putting together an 8mm remington mag. Always liked the round, it was never very popular. Maybe a 26" stainless Shilen barrel and a McMillan stock. Would be fun to shoot a 200 grain Nosler Accubond at 3200 fps. Its either that or watch tv and football season is over...
Barcelona Rick
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Barcelona Rick »

Well gentlemen & ladies I would really love a British S X S hammer gun....Blackpowder okay....2.5" chamber okay....really would prefer a Scottish gunmaker.....but being disabled/retired and broke I think my next purchase will be a cheeseburger and fries (if my wife isn't watching too close :lol: :lol:) :D :D :D ....

jumbeaux
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

jumbeaux wrote:Well gentlemen & ladies I would really love a British S X S hammer gun....Blackpowder okay....2.5" chamber okay....really would prefer a Scottish gunmaker.....but being disabled/retired and broke I think my next purchase will be a cheeseburger and fries (if my wife isn't watching too close :lol: :lol:) :D :D :D ....

jumbeaux
Hang in there, dreams do come true. :)
Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lastmohecken »

I went a little crazy last year on buying guns, and I am trying to quit, but it's probably about as hard as quitting smoking. So far, I have not purchased or traded for a single gun this year. My goal was to go all year without buying one, espacally since I have a wedding to pay for, and a daughter to help through grad school.

My original goal for this year, was to get all of my guns sighted in, loads worked up for a few, a scope or two installed, maybe another holster or two purchased for a Smith 29, maybe another one for my 1911's. And I have a new Browning Citori to ring out, maybe shoot some sporting clays. And there is always some gunsmith work that needs to be done, here and there.

We will see. :D Right now I am thinking about ordering one of the Dirty Harry shoulder holsters by Lawman Leather, to fit my 4 inch 29, as I would like to carry it more, but a belt holster just doesn't seem to work real good for that gun, maybe nothing does. I don't know.
NRA Life Member, Patron
flatnose
Levergunner 3.0

Post by flatnose »

Well......I wont be buying anymore firearms, as I have enough to feed now. Projectiles, powder and primers are the only gun related items I will buy.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

flatnose wrote:Well......I wont be buying anymore firearms, as I have enough to feed now. Projectiles, powder and primers are the only gun related items I will buy.

I keep telling myself that too-----------but then I see that special one over and over again!
flatnose
Levergunner 3.0

Post by flatnose »

madman,
I have managed to stay clean for 5 years now
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

I bought this Steven's Favorite on gun broker yesterday
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =156509977

My dad has a Winchester 67 bought new for him in 1934 - he was 5 y.o.
It's accurate, even with 22 caps.
With slow target loads I should be able to give him a run for his money with this one.
Rexster
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Rexster »

I have a Marlin 1894C on layaway, so I am committed to that one. I just paid out a layaway, which was an Airlite J-frame snubby, but switched to a 5" limited-run Ruger GP100. Otherwise, I want to avoid more firearms purchases for a while. Recent vet bills hit me hard, and we lost the whole litter of pups, anyway. (I did not see the pups as money in the bank! It was a small litter, and I planned to keep them in the family.) It's a humid winter, and keeping the present firearms wiped down and lubed is enough of a chore. I will reach age 50 in 2011, which is the 100th year of the 1911 pistol, so I am looking at those, for a possible 2011 purchase.

I dream of a nice shotgun someday. My present shotguns are utilitarian 870 pump guns. Perhaps a 20 gauge SxS double. Perhaps, an 11-87 autoloader. There is no hurry; perhaps after I have retired and settled things financially. That could be as soon as two years off; no more than ten.
Have Colts, will travel.

The avatar is the menuki of my Rob Douglas Wakisashi.
jjames
Levergunner 2.0

Post by jjames »

Well last year it was a Hammer drilling. Browning A-Bolt Shotgun, and nice old Savage 1899. Managed those as well as a Merkel double rifle drilling and another BLR. Right now I am considering another drilling and have been watching for a deal on a Weatherby 257 Lazermark. That should do me for a lifetime but thats what I said last year. I was able to convince myself to part with 9 safe-queens to help fund the Merkel so in total numbers I am down a few.
Jacko
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Jacko »

Went to the SCI in Brisbane yesterday and 2 rifles caught my eye. Mid year is tax return time and I should be buying something similar come early July. First up was a 1874 Sharps replica 50.140 calibre with a brass Malcom style scope- only $5500 :shock: and the next was closer to my budget a Baikal 45.70 double rifle - quite an impressive outfit for $1500, well fitted and finished.

Worse case senario will be a H & R Handi rifle 45.70, Current front runner is a Marlin 1895 Guide Gun and if I can save a little more an Italian clone 1874 Sharps replica perhaps in 45.90 resplendant with Soule sight a close second. Odds on the Baikal are firming nicely as well

regards Jacko
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Next 2 guns/what if's...

Glock G19 + Ceiner .22 kit - gotta have a gun equivelent to my Duty gun to practice with since I can't practice with the Issue guns... :?

Rem 760/7600 in .308 to play with as a project gun.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Kansas Ed
Senior Levergunner

Post by Kansas Ed »

I'll probably end up with another 1911...either 40 short and weak or 9mm. Maybe another Hi-power in either caliber. I won't have the cash to buy another 1895 by the time Tulsa rolls around, so it's probably going to be a handgun.

Ed
Shasta
Senior Levergunner
Location: Shasta County, the far right stronghold in California

Post by Shasta »

I've been lusting after one of the new limited run Miroku-made Winchester Model 92 Deluxe Takedowns in .44-40. I'll be retiring at the end of April. The '92 sounds better to me as a retirement present to myself than the new carpeting that the wife wants me to buy. I'm just hoping I can do both! :D

SHASTA
California Rifle & Pistol Association LIFE Member
National Rifle Association BENEFACTOR LIFE Member

http://www.hcrpclub.org/schedule.html

avatar pic is Shasta Dam, Shasta Lake, & Mt. Shasta
rangerider7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rangerider7 »

I'm looking for an old gunsmith made trapper to trade for. I can't at this time afford an old original trapper. I would prefer a 1892 model. I don't like the new ones. It will take time but I'm retired so what else do I have to do but look. :lol:
"That'll Be The Day"
Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

Post by Doc Hudson »

As usual, I'm long on wants and short on cash.

I really want another .45-70, and a Rossi M-92 (pre-safety) in .44 RemMag.

My failing eyes make the .45-70 unrealistic and the M-92 not much more so.

If i buy any more guns, they will probably be handguns. I've been pondering a big bore belly gun but I just can't warm up to derringers. I will be keeping an eye open for a .44 or .45 caliber snubby, and maybe another cap-and-ball revolver or two.
Doc Hudson, OOF, IOFA, CSA, F&AM, SCV, NRA LIFE MEMBER, IDJRS #002, IDCT, King of Typoists

Amici familia ab lectio est

Image Image
UNITE!
shawn_c992001
Levergunner 3.0

Post by shawn_c992001 »

I am wanting a 10ga just for geese. I have been looking for a Rem. SP-10 or Browning pump in 10ga. I already have a Mossberg 835 that I like to use that shoots 3.5" shells really well, and with the Limb Saver recoil pad they don't beat the stuff out of you.

I am also wanting to lighten the load as far as a few guns go I think I will be getting rid of a Marlin 1894CL 32-20, 336A 35 Rem., Ruger M77 Hawkeye in .358 Winchester, a Rem. rolling block in 50-90, and a Martini-Henry 577-450.
SASS#43836
Ain't easy havin' pals.
Jason_W
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jason_W »

My first order of business is going to be to replace my Mossberg 835 with a Rem 870.
My first attempt at an outdoors website: http://www.diyballistics.com
L_Kilkenny
Senior Levergunner

Post by L_Kilkenny »

Looking for a 20-22" barrel that accepts choke tubes for my Win1300. Due to cost and lack of availability I might end up with a coach gun instead.

Gonna get a 16" 1894 SS .357 next and soon.

Looking for a used .257bob, .250 Savage or a 7mm-08(if all else fails, last choice by far) to "make" into a short, handy walking gun for predators, varmints and deer. Kinda a project gun for me.

After that, I'll be done for long awhile. Time to concentrate on shooting.

LK