OT- Timothy Oliphant

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Gun Smith
Levergunner 3.0

OT- Timothy Oliphant

Post by Gun Smith »

If you liked him in Deadwood, you can see him in a new series starting tonight called "Justified". A cop/western show. It will be on FX at 10:00 PM.
shawn_c992001
Levergunner 3.0

Re: OT- Timothy Oliphant

Post by shawn_c992001 »

Can't wait to catch it tonight! He is quickly becoming one of my favorite actors. He has been great in everything he's been in.
SASS#43836
Ain't easy havin' pals.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Got it set to play... If only I can stay awake that long! :twisted:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
dkmlever
Levergunner 3.0

Post by dkmlever »

One of the few times I wish I had cable TV. Drat.
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Watching it right now. Looks good.
Old Law Dawg
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

Walton Goggins was one of my fave characters in The Shield also -- i am out of town, but trying to get mama to DVR the thing for me if there is an encore replay or something
----- Doug
cnjarvis
Senior Levergunner

Post by cnjarvis »

Watched it and liked it. Not as well as Deadwood but I'll tune in for another episode.
firefuzz
Senior Levergunner

Post by firefuzz »

cnjarvis wrote:Watched it and liked it. Not as well as Deadwood but I'll tune in for another episode.
I agree. When HBO cancelled Deadwood I cancelled my subscription to HBO. Told them why too.

Rob
Proud to be Christian American and not ashamed of being white.

May your rifle always shoot straight, your mag never run dry, you always have one more round than you have adversaries, and your good mate always be there to watch your back.

Because I can!

Never grow a wishbone where a backbone ought to be.
BrianSH
Levergunner 2.0

Post by BrianSH »

I taped but havn't watched it yet. I liked Tim in Hitman, but I REALLY liked Olga Kuralinko much better :D

I got this thing for skinny brunnettes.

- Brian
alnitak
Senior Levergunner

Post by alnitak »

firefuzz wrote:
cnjarvis wrote:Watched it and liked it. Not as well as Deadwood but I'll tune in for another episode.
I agree. When HBO cancelled Deadwood I cancelled my subscription to HBO. Told them why too.

Rob
I though Deadwood was a good concept and had a great original "old West" feel to it. However, I stopped watching it pretty quickly because every other word was "f***" this and "f******" that, so much so that it detracted from the story. I really doubt that word was used as much in real life as they did in the script, and I see no reason to ruin a story with forced profanity, just for profanity's sake. Frankly, I wrote HBO on it. It was a reason for me to STOP watching it.
"From birth 'til death...we travel between the eternities." -- Print Ritter in Broken Trail
Gun Smith
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Gun Smith »

I really liked "Deadwood". But you are right, the cursing and profanity detracted from the story. While I'm sure people cussed in the old days, I don't believe it was that frequent. Just because HBO can broadcast it due to being an optional purchase TV choice, I think the writers could have modified the script for less "realism" without hurting the feel of the story.
I believe the series was cancelled due to costs. I understand it was about $5,000,000 per episode. I don't think the language had anything to do with it.
alnitak
Senior Levergunner

Post by alnitak »

Gun Smith wrote:I don't think the language had anything to do with it.
I'm sure you are right. And I also agree that they put more in the series, just because they could.
"From birth 'til death...we travel between the eternities." -- Print Ritter in Broken Trail
firefuzz
Senior Levergunner

Post by firefuzz »

I agree that I didn't care much for the language, but over the years I guess I've just tuned it out. And I think Gun Smith's comment about the frequency of cussing in those days is correct, cussing the wrong man in those days would earn you a beating or worse. The use of the "F" word probably wasn't common at all in those days as it's origin comes from a slang term derived from British police blotters and isn't believed to have been much in common use in this country until after our men returned from WWI.

Rob
Proud to be Christian American and not ashamed of being white.

May your rifle always shoot straight, your mag never run dry, you always have one more round than you have adversaries, and your good mate always be there to watch your back.

Because I can!

Never grow a wishbone where a backbone ought to be.
Gun Smith
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Gun Smith »

Well I watched it last night. I can't believe how much different he looks in this series. The show was OK, but I'll give it a couple of more viewings before deciding how good it is. Is his semi auto a movie prop or a real pistol. It was hard to tell. The shot of it being pulled out of the holster and fired was fast. Maybe by a quick draw stand in?
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

I liked justified quite a bit. As for Deadwood I agree the cussing was too much and I even commented on it to my fellow workers ....and we were truck drivers if that tells you how much cussing was in the show. Tom
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
shawn_c992001
Levergunner 3.0

Post by shawn_c992001 »

I really liked the show. I thought the plot was really good, and the characters were well written. I loved the part where Tim said "Draw on me and I'll put you down."
SASS#43836
Ain't easy havin' pals.
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

alnitak wrote:I though Deadwood was a good concept and had a great original "old West" feel to it. However, I stopped watching it pretty quickly because every other word was "f***" this and "f******" that, so much so that it detracted from the story. I really doubt that word was used as much in real life as they did in the script, and I see no reason to ruin a story with forced profanity, just for profanity's sake. Frankly, I wrote HBO on it. It was a reason for me to STOP watching it.
Bingo! I'm with you 100% on that one. As much as I love Westerns and cowboy films I just could not watch that show.

Oly
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright