OT - Show us your Mustangs!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Aussie Chris
Levergunner 2.0

OT - Show us your Mustangs!

Post by Aussie Chris »

I am a big fan of the Ford Mustang. What Mustang do you have? (there has to be a couple on this forum)

I have been looking for the right 1970 Mach 1 for about the past 4-5 years and still havent found the 'right one' for me. I have
booked in some leave to coincide with the Carlisle and Hershy swapmeets in PA later in the year. I was there in '97 with the family
and there were quite a few Mustangs for sale. I will probably end up bringing one back (heaven forbid I know) from the U.S here in Melbourne.

Chris
A man can never have too many WINCHESTERS...
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT - Show us your Mustangs!

Post by kimwcook »

Given your from Australia and the title of your post I thought you were talking about brumby's. :D

Totaled a '70 Mach 1 many years ago. Was a nice car. Last mustang I had was a '65 fastback, but alas I sold it about 18 years ago. Once while answering a call I found a '69 Mach 1 with a 428 Cobra jet and shaker hood sitting in a white trash trailer court. I asked the old man about the car and he told me it was his sons and it was worth a lot of money. I didn't ask anymore questions. I should have because I don't think I'd of had to pay what it was worth. At that time I was tired of mustangs.
Old Law Dawg
stew71
Senior Levergunner

Post by stew71 »

Chris...dammit man...why did you go and open an old wound like that??? :cry: :cry: :cry:

Back in high school, my brother and I won...yes, won, a 65 Mustang coupe with a 240 CI inline-6 & 3-speed manual for the grand total of 5 bucks. We bought 5 $1 raffle tickets for this car and won. Oh the memories I have of winding her up...the car...not the girlfriend....to over 120 on our county back roads..... :D :lol: :D. The girlfriend is another story.....hubba hubba.

After rebuilding the transmission, replacing the rear-end, and rebuilding the carb, I left it with my younger brother to keep when I went away to college. Three years later, I found out he and my dad sold it to help fund his college career.

To this day, 15 years later, I still don't let him forget it.... :lol: :evil: :lol: :evil:

A '70 Mach One...nice choice..... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Some people just need a sympathetic pat on the head.....with a hammer. Repeatedly.
shawn_c992001
Levergunner 3.0

Post by shawn_c992001 »

I am more of a GM guy, since I own a '01 Trans Am. I have been looking at '03-'04 Cobra's lately and '05-'06 GT500's though.
SASS#43836
Ain't easy havin' pals.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

The local Mustang club had dinner at the restaurant the wife and I ate at the other day. If you'd asked before then I'd have taken the camera... :wink:

I'm not a gear head. I like some cars or trucks but I'm not a fanatic. I shoot.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

I've had quite a few pre-71 Mustangs.

My favorite was a '69 Sportsroof 351 Windsor 4v Paint Code F Gulfstream Aqua Metallic with power everything (meaning steering and brakes), am/fm, a/c, fold down rear seat, deluxe interior.

The one I sold for the most money was a '69 Sportsroof 250 1v paint Code D Acapulco Blue Metallic power everything, am/fm, a/c, fold down rear seat, deluxe interior.

The one that won the most races was a '68 Sportsroof beater with a bored and balanced 300 6 with two side-draft Webers and a two speed powerglide tranny. I don't remember any of the specs as I was young and did not build that one, but it would run low 15s in the quarter. The races down in the industrial section of town netted me a few bucks. No one thought a six banger would beat their big block. That whole summer, I had them lined up to race me. The torque converter finally came apart and trashed the whole shebang. It actually tore the lower suspension off the unibody. It's a wonder male humans live past 17.
Last edited by Tycer on Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
RSY
Senior Levergunner

Post by RSY »

2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

How about our Vette instead?
:D
Though I've always wanted a Mach 1!

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

The closest I can get to a mustang is my F-350....turbo deisel
love my Ford Trucks!

Next vehicle will be a 68 fastback....if the economy ever recovers!
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

I think this OT thread has been led OT
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

when the '97 z28 gives up the ghost( 108K miles, still runs like a bear), guess i'll be in the market for a newer GT. had a lot of gm musclecars over the years, always wanted to try a mustang.
win38-55
Levergunner 2.0

Post by win38-55 »

I no longer have a Ford Mustang I had a 97 and loved that car but had to give it up for kids. I have built a few
over the years including my Best Friends 85 Notch Back pictured below the blue one.
I also built some for work back in 08 this was a limited edition factory race car we only built 50 but it was alot of fun.
Testing out the line locks before we let them go. :twisted:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Andrew: He is a real gun freak with way too many guns to shoot or clean.
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Well sir, I have only owned one mustang, bought a white one back in 1953, a nice little mare, about 800 pounds and just over 14 hands. She was from Montana and had a bar D bar (-D-) on the left shoulder. She was a real good cowpony.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

yea!, we finally got some, and on page 1.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Mustangs, Smushtangs. This eats mustangs for breakfast.

Ford LTD II Sports Touring model. They made only about 9000 of them. Bought it new, and no, it ain't for sale.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

My first car was a very used (and abused) '68 Ford Mustang Mach 1. It had been used as a stock racing car. When you pressed the gas pedal, the gas gauge needle would actually start falling! The thing sucked gas like there was no tomorrow. Still, it was the fastest monster in the whole town. Unfortunately, I wrapped it around a tree when I was 17 years old! :(
model55
Levergunner 3.0

Post by model55 »

One of the first cars my wife and I bought was a 1970 mustang Grande.This was not a hot rod in those days but it did have a 351 Cleveland with the two barrel carb.250 hp and 20mpg if you were a calm driver.Highway gears but it could smoke tires around the corner and up the block,should have kept it.Last time I saw it it was hit on all four corners.Now the wife has a 05 with the v6, nice car but not the same.Her zen car.
Aussie Chris
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Aussie Chris »

I was wondering when someone would post about a horse :mrgreen:
Or a guitar or a P51 Mustang hehe. Well I guess I wasnt too specific :mrgreen:
Kimwcook, totaled it? Come on, whats the story....Well I guess you will just have to find that 'R' ('R'- ram air shaker) code CJ again and get a number for me :D
I've pulled a few over too, just for a look :mrgreen:
Tycer, I love all the pre 71's, the 69-70 are my favourites. Gulf stream aqua and acapulco blue are the two best colours in '69, sir you have immaculate taste! Great quater times for a six!
Sacrilige 2ndovc! Nah nice Corvette. Good to see some more muscle car lovers here!
Yasabel you sure it wasnt a '69? The Mach 1 came about '69 onwards, your '68 wasnt a GT?

Heres a pic at a Mustang show I went to a while ago. I have looked at about 14 cars so far....still looking!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RSY
Senior Levergunner

Post by RSY »

I'd rather have one of your XB Falcons, myself.

Scott
winchester1886
Levergunner 2.0

Post by winchester1886 »

RSY Had a new XB ute I bought in 75, 351 2v, 4speed, 9 inch a great vehicle, put 150000 miles on it and never touched it, but the pick of them all is a 71 Falcon GTHO, they have sold out here for up to a million bucks, and even with the economy down I think they are still getting about half of that, not bad for a car that sold new in 71 for about 5 grand.

MACK'S for trucks
FORDS for cars
WINCHESTER for guns
LEVI'S for jeans
CONVERSE CHUCK TAYLORS on me feet Hell!!! it's 1965 again and I don't have a care in the world.
Kansas Ed
Senior Levergunner

Post by Kansas Ed »

And I was all excited about the Colt Mustangs that I was prepared to see here....I've always been disappointed though that I can't fit into the Ford Ponycar physically without my knees getting into all the flight controls..

Ed
Aussie Chris
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Aussie Chris »

RSY here you go, Eric Banners XB coupe before he crashed it. In the movie 'Love the beast' a very good film!

1886, I do like the XB's. I grew up in dads green XB fairmont, 351 Cleveland and that great note. I wasnt around when dad owned his two Phase III's :shock:
Dad had an Ultra White one which he sold back in the day. He next had a Vermillion Fire one with a factory sunroof which was stolen :x If I ever found who stole it they would be used for penetration tests with my 444marlin :twisted:

For you yanks here a couple of Phase III (XY GTHO) pictures. The Phase III or XY GTHO was made in '71 and was and still is the pinnacle of Australian Muscle Cars. It had a lot of parts straight from the 69-70 Mustang, such as the legendary 9'' diff with Nodular iron centre, toploader gearbox and IMHO the best small block kicking around, the 351 Cleveland. Many of the interior parts were Mustang too such as the steering wheel which came straight from the '69 Mach 1. And of course who doesnt like the great shaker hood scoop! (another Mustang item) The rear spoiler which was standard equipment on the Pahse III was from the 1971 Boss 351/Mach 1 Mustang.

You yanks laughed at us when we made our 4 door 'saloon' muscle car :mrgreen: My father does the odd toloader and 9'' rebuild for the owners of these cars. yeah we know of one that belongs to a friend. He was offered 1.2 Million :o about 3 years ago and he still didnt sell it! They average around 500-600 Aus these days.
Raw orange XYGT.jpeg
Anyway, back to Mustangs!
Aussie Chris
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Aussie Chris »

Ed, you must be a big bloke! You can now apparently buy revised floor pans for Mustangs which will lower the seat and seat rails for blokes your size....no excuse not to get one now :wink:
Kansas Ed
Senior Levergunner

Post by Kansas Ed »

Aussie Chris wrote:Ed, you must be a big bloke! You can now apparently buy revised floor pans for Mustangs which will lower the seat and seat rails for blokes your size....no excuse not to get one now :wink:
Yep...6'9" and 220. Every car maker says they have great leg room...but they forget us big fellas have knees and aren't hinged only at the waist.. :lol:

Ed
Birdman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Birdman »

Three years ago I bought a 98 Cobra convertible. Pacific Blue. Purty thing. At the time I was between both complete knee replacements and I had experienced too many near drops on the motorcycle I was riding. I sold the bike and bought the car, and have really enjoyed it. The ol bike bug has been getting under my skin for several months and I finally gave in and bought another bike. I told my wife if I ever bought another HD I would sell the Cobra. Now I have the bike but I don't want to sell the car. So far she ain't pushing it.