OT a Little - American Rifle Magazine BPR's and BLR's

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bruce
Levergunner 3.0

OT a Little - American Rifle Magazine BPR's and BLR's

Post by Bruce »

I am looking for a copy of an article that ran in the February 1998 American Rifleman magazine. It is a review of the Browning BPR 30-06. Hoping to find someone who has kept their copy. I am also interested in any other BPR "centerfire" articles and any on the BLR - covering all variations and years of production. I am doing some research for a future article. Any good leads to Browning catalogs from 1969 on would help also. Thanks.
http://www.pumprifle.org/
Bruce Hamlin's Pump Rifle Forum
Old Skirmisher
Levergunner

Re: OT a Little - American Rifle Magazine BPR's and BLR's

Post by Old Skirmisher »

I have the American Rifleman issues of April '91 and June '96 that have articles on the BLR.
I may also have the July '82 on the BLR. Let me know if you want the pages copied.
Bruce
Levergunner 3.0

Re: OT a Little - American Rifle Magazine BPR's and BLR's

Post by Bruce »

Yes I would. The article I am working on actually is about the BLR history, calibers and variations. The BPR is just extra. I have been researching the BLR for about a year and have close to 30 pages of typed notes. I am finding a lot of slightly confused information, especially concerning dates. I have the 1992 Gun Digest Article that covers the TRW development history fairly well. I have the Rifle Magazine (June 71) review article enroute. I will send you a PM. Thanks.
http://www.pumprifle.org/
Bruce Hamlin's Pump Rifle Forum