Winchester 64s?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
rangerider7
Advanced Levergunner

Winchester 64s?

Post by rangerider7 »

I looked at a couple of web auctions today just to check them out. It seems the Winchester Model 64s are getting to be as valued as the 71s or is it just a coincidence I happened to look at these two exact auctions. Is anybody else seeing this?
"That'll Be The Day"
Bigahh
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Winchester 64s?

Post by Bigahh »

Yes, I have noticed the same thing. I have been looking for a 30-30 to match my 32 special carbine, but 1,200.00 has been the cheapest in the last 2 years.
Molasses
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Molasses »

There is always the 64A, but it's a post-(19)64 creation. Last couple I've seen at gun shows were more like $650, though...
Molasses
SASS #925 Life
NRA Life
buckeyeshooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by buckeyeshooter »

I would love to have one, but not at the current selling prices.
John in MS
Levergunner 2.0

Post by John in MS »

I also have seen the trend to rising prices for Win 64's over the past few years. If you
recall the price escalation first in 1886's, then 71's, it was predictable. The 64 is a fine rifle,
special configuration, limited production, and became under-valued relative to its bigger
cousins. The Deluxes, in particular, seem to be a good bit higher if in excellent condition.

John
"Pistols do not win wars, but they save the lives of the men who do. The noble 1911 is a mechanical marvel, whose ruggedness, dependability & ferocious power have comforted four issues of GIs and which, unlike any other instrument you can name, is as much superior to its rivals today as it was in 1917."
-Col. Jeff Cooper, 1968
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

FWIW - There're folks that've been "holding off" buying because of rising prices for over twenty years; and others who've bit the bullet, and consequently have been enjoying those same rifles all along.

IMHO, anyone wanting one would be well advised to buy one - they're not going to get any cheaper, nor are they going to make any more.

rangerider7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rangerider7 »

I already have a 64. I was just surprised at the increase lately.
"That'll Be The Day"
KCSO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by KCSO »

They are out of sight here in the midwest too and I had the sad duty of returning a stolen one just the other day. Taken form a collection the gun when take was in 99% mint condition and had been purchased by the owners Dad in the 50's and was a safe queen. Stolen 6 months ago the gun was sold to another "bum" for $250 and spent the next 4 mounth riding inthe back of a pickup on a rack, was shot and not cleaned and was pretty much a truck gun. When we recovered it it was covered in rust and looked like 40 miles of bad road. The owner cried as I handed it to him. The thief got 30 days in jail and restitution that he will never pay. I knew the owner and had seen the gun BEFORE and was sick when we got it back.
hondo1892
Senior Levergunner

Post by hondo1892 »

I picked up a rifle for my daughter in 2008 for $550. She realy like's it ad it was in good shape except for the front sight. Someone had broke off the bead. I would love to have a carbine in 30-30 but I too don't want to part with the asking price of most. I did see a 32 Special carbine on the Cabala's site not too long ago for $1100. That's as cheap as I've seen one. I would trade my 94 rifle for a 64 carbine if I found a willing party.
Booger Bill
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Booger Bill »

I get to show mine off again. Its a safe queen. Without rechecking my book, I think its 1952. It hasnt seen but about a handfull of rounds. Think I paid $200s 40 years ago.

pharmseller
Senior Levergunner

Post by pharmseller »

Booger Bill wrote:I get to show mine off again. Its a safe queen. Without rechecking my book, I think its 1952. It hasnt seen but about a handfull of rounds. Think I paid $200s 40 years ago.

I'll give you $240 and a case of PBR for it.

P
We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on the one hand, of overwhelming power on the other.

General George C. Marshall, 1942
Booger Bill
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Booger Bill »

Is PBR Pabst blue ribbon or professional Bull Riders?