OH NO, BANNED AGAIN, THIS TIME BY THE RUGERFORUM.NET....

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Charles
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OH NO, BANNED AGAIN, THIS TIME BY THE RUGERFORUM.NET....

Post by Charles »

Re: iowegan's post

The above referenced post is just commentary on the times in which we live. Folks no longer want to assume responsibility for their own stupid acts, but want to pin the blame on others. Reloading and handloading have increased by many fold since the days when I started. Thus, we have many careless folks, uninformed folks, and just plain fools taking up the craft. They just haven't boken the code the making your own ammo is an inherently dangerous activity not to be undertaken by the fool, the lazy, the stupid or the distracted.

The fault doesn't lay with Messers Linebaught and Taffin for placing information before the public. The public just contains too many fools, who don't know how to evaluate and use the information placed before them.

Our beloved Internet is chock full of folks crusing around looking for loads. They are too cheap to buy a loading manual and to lazy to use it if they had it. So, they come to the Internet with their questions. For every lazy fool with a question there is another fool with an answer. And so it goes until Mr. Iowegan decides to lay the blame on Linebaugh and Taffin. Foul, cry I!!
2X22
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 2X22 »

O.S.O.K. wrote:What's even worse, is that lots of posts is somehow equated with knowledge or experience.... :shock:
Yes, and that is how cliques are created on all boards :o
Charles wrote:Our beloved Internet is chock full of folks crusing around looking for loads. They are too cheap to buy a loading manual and to lazy to use it if they had it.
Agreed. Yesterday I went to our local gunshow and bought a couple OLD loading books that help round out my own library. The cost? $5 :mrgreen:

2x22
"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." - Thomas Jefferson
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

:!: :!: :!: Wow - I LEARNED SOMETHING BY READING THAT THREAD ON THE RUGER FORUM... :!: :!: :!:

Terry can type using lowercase.... :o

:lol:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
coyote nose
Levergunner 2.0

Post by coyote nose »

You need to take your CAPS LOCK off, it appears as if you are shouting otherwise.
"...for there is a cloud on my horizon...and its name is progress." E. Abbey, 1958
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

coyote nose wrote:You need to take your CAPS LOCK off, it appears as if you are shouting otherwise.
What?
Old Law Dawg
Buck Elliott
Member Emeritus

Post by Buck Elliott »

Terry SHOULD NOT PUNCH OFF THE CAPS LOCK BUTTON! ! ! What he has to say is IMPORTANT enough to warrent its use...

Is he a Curmudgeon? His pic is in the dictionary next to the word, along with that of Lee Jurras, who styled himself the Grand Curmudgeon, and was finally driven off the boards for his forceful presentation of his views. FWIW, I probably fit the mold too... Does that alone make them (or me) WRONG??? Not hardly!

As for the notion that reading Taffin and Linebaugh (both of whom I know and admire) might dispose some IDIOT to cross the line on pressures, by exceeding their recommendations, I find that idea ludicrous at the core.

That said, I have learned the places where I can put my views in print without fear of repercussions. I respect the members of this forum, and consider you to be brothers.
Regards

Buck

Life has a way of making the foreseeable that which never happens, and the unforeseeable, that which your life becomes...
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Don't even start with the all caps thing again. We don't need to be telling anyone how to type here. Terry is not shouting, its just easier. Been down this road. let it lay. Geez guys.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

I married a woman from NJ. Terry could probably yell at me all day and I wouldn't notice.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

[Is he a Curmudgeon? His pic is in the dictionary next to the word, along with that of Lee Jurras, who styled himself the Grand Curmudgeon, and was finally driven off the boards for his forceful presentation of his views. FWIW, I probably fit the mold too... Does that alone make them (or me) WRONG??? ]

Many who take the bull by the horns are often deemed to be "wrong" by those who'd rather read/talk instead of " DO ".
(I think they're called "intellectuals" ;) )

Most of them have no clue, that were it not for Lee Jurras (for instance), NONE of us today would enjoy the wide selection of high-performance commercial ammunition available to the general public today.
His introduction of Super Vel ammo, when the only other choice was some pretty dowdy Rem/Win stuff, made ALL the ammo companies sit up & take notice, and stimulated the creation of new ammo companies that simply were not even dreams when you, I, Terry, & others here first started into shooting.

AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

C. Cash wrote:I married a woman from NJ. Terry could probably yell at me all day and I wouldn't notice.
Got you beat. Married an Italian... :lol:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

AJMD429 wrote:
C. Cash wrote:I married a woman from NJ. Terry could probably yell at me all day and I wouldn't notice.
Whoa! :shock: Yep you got your hands full there my friend, and will send some prayer your way!! :wink: :lol:
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
dpe.ahoy
Levergunner

Post by dpe.ahoy »

I don't post here often, but having read Mr Murbach's articals for years in the past, (don't see much written any more), and will read ANYTHING written by Taffin and Linebaugh, I have to say that forum had lost a valueable asset when Mr Murbach was banned. If it were me, I wouldn't bother ever going back, not worth the effort to find it. Now I will shut up and listen for some sage advice from others. DP
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Well it looks like they saw the error of their ways.

I'm glad I never read that forum though.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

AJMD429 wrote:
Got ya both beat: Two Koreans, and blissfully single for many, many moons. :mrgreen:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I just detect about 65000 pounds of jealousy in the comments running down Mr. Taffin and Mr. Linebaugh. I have read as many of their writings as I can find, and never have I felt that they were trying to do anything stupid, or even get a reader to do anything stupid. Yes, they do want to push the envelope, but so did Elmer Keith. If nobody ever pushed the envelope, then we would never have gone to the moon, wouldn't have airplanes, and our cars would all be hand built and cost too much for the average person to afford. I hope that John Linebaugh, John Taffin, Terry Murbach, Buck Elliott, Mike Rintoul, and many others keep up with the research as we all benefit from what they do.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
rimrock
Levergunner 2.0

Post by rimrock »

You can push the envelope in a smart way or in a dumb way. Linebaugh, JT, Terry and others have done it in a smart way IMHO. I've used some of theirs guidance for my own experimentation with my guns. If something goes wrong, it's not their fault, it's mine-- most likely because I omitted a small but important detail!

What's really sad is that there appear to be few like Linebaugh, JT, Terry, etc. who will carry the flag when these teachers go to the better life.

There aren't very many forums that I participate in because the general attitude is wrong in so many ways.
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

BlaineG wrote:Two Koreans, and blissfully single for many, many moons.
Blaine, I think it's because of too many Moons. Sorry bud, couldn't help it. :D :lol: :D

Holy smokes, Terry, 65 posts. I think you found your support network.
Old Law Dawg
gimdandy
Levergunner 2.0

Post by gimdandy »

Buck Elliott wrote:Terry SHOULD NOT PUNCH OFF THE CAPS LOCK BUTTON! ! ! What he has to say is IMPORTANT enough to warrent its use...

Is he a Curmudgeon? His pic is in the dictionary next to the word, along with that of Lee Jurras, who styled himself the Grand Curmudgeon, and was finally driven off the boards for his forceful presentation of his views. FWIW, I probably fit the mold too... Does that alone make them (or me) WRONG??? Not hardly!

As for the notion that reading Taffin and Linebaugh (both of whom I know and admire) might dispose some IDIOT to cross the line on pressures, by exceeding their recommendations, I find that idea ludicrous at the core.

That said, I have learned the places where I can put my views in print without fear of repercussions. I respect the members of this forum, and consider you to be brothers.