OT- Levergun woes led to fishing

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
86er
Advanced Levergunner

OT- Levergun woes led to fishing

Post by 86er »

Ricky and I were shooting our Win 94's yesterday. The first rifle didn't hit anything but we quickly figured out it probably wouldn't with 30-30 ammo fired in the 32 Win Spl. Then I shot my 30 WCF with 170 grain ammo. It shoots 4" low with 170 gr but there is no sight elevator to lift it up. 150 gr was another inch lower. Then on to Ricky's 30 WCF - hits 5 or 6 inches high with the rear sight all the way down. Interesting to me because these are the same Make, Model, Style, Caliber, rear sights, front sights and only 2 years apart. Funny how one shoot low and one shoot high with the sights on the same setting. Anyway, I went home and made an elevator that I am confident will fix the problem. Ricky ordered a new front sight. We also ordered some bullets. FWIW the Winchester/Nosler Combine Technology Supreme Silvertip 150 gr for 30-30 has been proving exceptional on game at the ranch and elsewhere. We're gonna load some. Meanwhile Big Mike is getting a kick out of this because his like new 1968 Win 94 in 30WCF shoots everything right on the money!

What does this rambling have to do with fishing? We got wore out on rifles yesterday so today I decided to show Big Mike some Texas fish that he'd not caught before. We took the boat out and landed a bunch of sand bass. It was very windy but we toughed it out and put them in the boat. Mike's fish are pictured. Now - back to the rifles........

Professional Hunter
http://www.TARSPORTING.com
"Worldwide Hunting Adventures"

Professional Hunters Assoc of South Africa
SCI - Life Member
NRA - Life Member
NAHC - Trophy Life Member
DWWC - Member
huntress
Levergunner 1.0

Re: OT- Levergun woes led to fishing

Post by huntress »

Wow! Nice looking fish! Excpet for some wind the weather has been great for a fishing trip. Glad you were able to go and get some!

Sandy
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Very good Joe, get your friend to bend the end of the barrel up some, or should that be down some :lol:

Nath.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
wanders
Levergunner

Post by wanders »

Blast and cast. Can't beat that! :mrgreen:
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Not near as windy today. Got some chores to finish. You goin' to be around tomorrow. I've gotta go get my physical renewed... so I'll be out in town tomorrow...
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

sandies are all back in the lakes this far south - where were you fishinhg?
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Y2K is going to love this post Joe! :D