Winchester Model 88 Fans

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
edsguns
Levergunner 2.0

Winchester Model 88 Fans

Post by edsguns »

I know there are still a lot of fans of this modern lever action from Winchester. More than a couple of owners have lost, or are worried about the idea of losing the removable magazine that this rifle uses. I have found a decently priced replacement magazine (repro) listed in Sportsman's Guide's last two mailers. The product # is: AXA-163227 $49.95

Might not be a bad idea to use the repro and put the original away for safe keeping :mrgreen:

For those of you M88 fans who might also be M100 fans as well (I am!) there's a M100 magazine replacement listed as well: AXA-163222

I actually found out that you can utilize the M100 magazine in a M88 (and vice-versa) The M100 will have the bolt close after the magazine is empty using the M88 Magazine and the M88's bolt will not go forward on an empty magazine from the 100.
We are responsible for leaving the same legacy of freedom and rights given to us for our children and grandchildren.