OT- Finally got new boots

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
86er
Advanced Levergunner

OT- Finally got new boots

Post by 86er »

I've had home-made cowboy boots since around 8th grade. They're plain black, semi-square toe with a leather sole and rubber heel. Well they finally gave it up and I finally got around to replacing them. Between the crowds in the stores and having my two boys with me it was a very trying day of shopping. We tried Wild Bill's in Dallas, Sheplers and finally Cavenders. The first two stores had boots that interested me but did not have my size. I tried on 33 different pairs which included about 10 brands. Finally, the sales person in Cavenders had a great idea -even though I was apprehensive at first. I sat on a bench with my eyes closed and he helped me get two different boots on. Then, without opening my eyes, he led me up one isle and down the next back to the bench. I said which one felt best and he changed out the other one. Eventually he even switched the one I liked for another and I think he put that boots mate on the other foot. I chose a pair based soley (no pun intended) on comfort. I had two favorites by look and other considerations before we started this little game. It took a full 1/2 hour and it was weird to have my eyes closed for so many short periods of time during that duration. Nonetheless, the one that proved most comfortable was the one I kind of liked second best as far as looks and other features. I couldn't deny the fit and feel based on this little exercise. I bought them. They'll work fine for casual days at work, and for riding. The sales guy even rigged up a pair of spurs with an under-wire to keep them from moving and to keep the rowels from canting. This was necessary since the heel shelf was a little narrow to keep the spurs stable. The moral of the story is to go with the comfort and don't be afraid to try this seemingly ridiculous exercise to pick the best ones! Great sales guy and he was very patient with my boys, one of which was in rare form today living up to his nickname, "Tornado".

Professional Hunter
http://www.TARSPORTING.com
"Worldwide Hunting Adventures"

Professional Hunters Assoc of South Africa
SCI - Life Member
NRA - Life Member
NAHC - Trophy Life Member
DWWC - Member
huntress
Levergunner 1.0

Re: OT- Finally got new boots

Post by huntress »

I like them! Very nice!!!

Sandy
LeverBob
Senior Levergunner

Post by LeverBob »

WELL, IT'S ABOUT TIME YOU FINALLY BROKEDOWN & BOUGHT A SET OF SHOES...

LB
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

I could wear those, if the color was right. What's the brand?
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

my black doeskin ropers are through the sole again. This will be the 5th time I've had them resoled.
The uppers are so soft and don't scratch - never owned or even seen another pair of boots like them, and I'll keep getting them resoled as long as the uppers last, because they are the most comfortable boots I've ever worn.
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

They look solid. Should last you a good while.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Nice looking clod kickers :wink:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

LeverBob wrote:WELL, IT'S ABOUT TIME YOU FINALLY BROKEDOWN & BOUGHT A SET OF SHOES...

LB
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm with you Joe. Shopping is simply too tiring a chore for me (unless it is gun shopping! :wink: ).