Need Savage 99 help....price range question.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Need Savage 99 help....price range question.

Post by C. Cash »

A good friend of mine is trying to help out a Widow with her husband's Savage 99's. There is a 358, 300 and 303. Can any of the Savage lovers help with an approximate price range? He is just trying to make sure she doesn't get robbed when she sells these. If any interest, I will pass along the info. Thanks a bunch!
http://outdoors.webshots.com/album/577773739DxuvYB
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
iceman
Senior Levergunner

Re: Need Savage 99 help....price range question.

Post by iceman »

I can't give you an honest value on these rifles due to my location in a different country, but I sure wish we were in the same country. The 358 should give you a premium due to being more rare than the others. I would guess minimum of $600 to what ever the market will bare. Good luck. I'm sure someone will give you a better estimate soon.
Happiness is a comfortable stump on a sunny south facing mountain.
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Thanks Iceman! Good to hear from you.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

C. Cash wrote:A good friend of mine is trying to help out a Widow with her husband's Savage 99's. There is a 358, 300 and 303. Can any of the Savage lovers help with an approximate price range? He is just trying to make sure she doesn't get robbed when she sells these. If any interest, I will pass along the info. Thanks a bunch!
http://outdoors.webshots.com/album/577773739DxuvYB
OK...

First, look at the Auction sites. I felt really fortunate to get a 99C (308) for right at 600.

OTOH, a local auction sold a 99K .300S TD for right at 300... but online it would/will sell for 500+.

I agree that the 358 (if factory) will command a premium. Add a couple of hundred to your auction reserve.

otherwise, start at $500 and see what happens... (PM me with pics & SNs & I can give you a better Idea based on my research materials...)
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Thank you OI. I will pass this along to my bud. It's about what I figured but wasn't sure if he had a rare one or not. Much appreciated fellas. Chris
natedontgo
Levergunner 1.0

Post by natedontgo »

The lady's 358W would likely get $900-1,000 minimum here,based on the 2 I've sold in the last 18 months.They were both the late models,called "brush Gun",went for $875 & 895, 95-98%,but this one of hers is one of the better models..would need more complete photos to get closer to average retail at local shows... Nate...