7x30 WATERS

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
2row
Levergunner 1.0

7x30 WATERS

Post by 2row »

My son an grandson was here for a cople a days we had a good visit an done some shooting as always. my grandson ask me what was my favorite gun and cal.Ididn't have to think too long on this as I am kinda partial to the 7x30 Waters. A flat shooter an I can hit with it. I've killed lots of game with it.a few mean dogs an the like.If I had to use a gun to survive with I'm thinking this would not be a bad choice. anyone else think like I do or not . so tell me what you think ??????
Griff
Posting leader...

Re: 7x30 WATERS

Post by Griff »

2row wrote:My son an grandson was here for a cople a days we had a good visit an done some shooting as always. my grandson ask me what was my favorite gun and cal.Ididn't have to think too long on this as I am kinda partial to the 7x30 Waters. A flat shooter an I can hit with it. I've killed lots of game with it.a few mean dogs an the like. If I had to use a gun to survive with I'm thinking this would not be a bad choice. anyone else think like I do or not . so tell me what you think ??????
Same reason I'd pick the .30-30., or possibly the .45Colt, as they're the cartridge I shoot the most.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I have a 7-30 and I like it. Paco's views are right on the money.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
gak
Senior Levergunner

Post by gak »

Another one of those great "what if" cartridges. If it hadn't been for its legendary parent cartridge's popularity... Great round. Flatter trajectory and greater inherent range than the .30-30 with not perceptibly much less oomph on the receiving end. One of the nicest Winchesters--or guns period--I've handled was a friend's 24" 94 XTR AE (long barrel and full tube but "carbine" tube and band format)...and I'm not particularly an AE fan. One of those guns that seemed "just right."
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

2ROW ,Nice hearing from you . I don't have one but I buy used brass when I find it at gunshows, because someday... I fondled one in January at a local gunshow that was NIB for $800. Really nice but flat pockets.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Littel over a year ago I had all the fixins for a 7-30 Waters rifle . Well everything except a barrel threaded for a Marlin 336 .

Anyway I laid in about 1,100 of the Hornady 139 FP's , about 1,100 of the Nosler 120 FP's , 1,000 of the Sierra 120 FP's and about 500 of the Speer 130 FP's as well as a couple 7mm molds .

Had it in my head to build a nice Marlin 336 in 7-30 Waters just like the original rifle Ken Waters used when he came up with the round .

But like a good many other things I finally got tired of the idea .And sold off all the bullets etc .

Now I suppose I would have to go with the 375 WIN or 444 Marlin .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

2row,

As good as the 7-30 Waters is I wouldn't use it as a survival weapon unless I had a really good stash of ammo. Unlike the 30-30, 7-30 ammo is not very common. You just can't find it like you everywhere.

JMHO

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***