OT-How hot is it?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
dennie
Levergunner 2.0

OT-How hot is it?

Post by dennie »

Wow, I just finished cutting the grass. It has been real hot the past several days. How hot was it today? I saw a coyote chasing a rabbit thru the yard, and they were both walking! :o :lol:
Seems like a short time ago I was griping about the cold weather. Supposed to cool off tomorrow, only in the upper 80s. Perhaps I should do some work on my levers in the basement, pretty nice down there.
Hey- I retired a week ago, and I need something to gripe about! Sure aint missing work! :lol:
NRA Benefactor Member/Bluegrass Picker
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT-How hot is it?

Post by Rusty »

It was so hot down here today... I went by a dairy and saw all the cows rolling around on their backs and giving themselves a milk shower so they could try and cool off.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
iceman
Senior Levergunner

Post by iceman »

I'm sure glad there is no snow out there becaue it is too dang hot to shovel. :D Right now it is 102 deg F with a high humidity. We are supposed to cool off tomorrow too after a few thunder bangers move through.
Happiness is a comfortable stump on a sunny south facing mountain.
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

dennie wrote: I saw a coyote chasing a rabbit thru the yard, and they were both walking!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
NRA Life Member
dennie
Levergunner 2.0

Post by dennie »

Guess I just had to get on here and complain. It is now dark outside, raining, and 80 deg.! :)
Think I will eat supper and then sit on the porch with a rum and Coke. :D
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

I'm real ready for it to cool off!!
Storms are just getting to us. Hope it's a good one.
Finally got the A/C back up and running yesterday. Don't think I could take much more of that.

I'd move farther North if I could get away with it.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well we just hit the 100s which will continue until Sept something.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

redlevel42
Levergunner 2.0

Post by redlevel42 »

It was so hot in South Georgia that my corn started popping in the field. A crow flying over saw the corn popping, thought it was snowing, and froze to death.
Georgia On My Mind
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

It was so hot in Tucson the other day that I saw a black cat cut across the street and burst into flames!

Why it was so hot, the trees were whistling for dogs!

In fact, it was so blamed HOT that farmers were complaining that their cows are giving evaporated milk!!

:D

Oly
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
Big Bore 94
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Big Bore 94 »

I try to remember it is 100-115 in Kandarhar for our troops.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Was 101 with about 90% Humidity.
My Lab just lays in front of the AC unit! (chilling)
Bogie35
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bogie35 »

It was hotter than a two dollar pistol in Aiken, South Carolina today! :D

bogie
Sadly, "Political Correctness" is the most powerful religion in America, and it has ruined our society.
willygene
Levergunner 2.0

Post by willygene »

i never got to find out how hot it was today my thermometer that was in the shade on my porch melted.
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

Hey dennie I grew up in Springdale which is just about 15 miles from you in Hamilton.

At least it's the wet heat; I remember the hot days having so much humidity you can be sitting in the shade not moving and the sweat pouring off of you. I'm afraid to go back, I'm not sure I could breathe that air anymore.

I believe it was 1994 or 95 there was a big heat wave, I lived in Chicago at the time. Over 500 elderly people died from the heat there, and significant numbers in other cities.

100 degrees out here is nothing in comparison - now let it get to 112 and you're talking HOT.

By the way, we haven't had a single hot day yet in the SFV. Usually by now going outside is like opening the oven door, but it's been overcast and we have cool ocean air all day. Probably 75 by day and 55 by night, unbelievable.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
dennie
Levergunner 2.0

Post by dennie »

El Chivo,
You are certainly not missing anything here. Yep, the humidity is worse than the temp. This morning I went out to feed the fish in our decorative pond, they swam out of the pond, thru the air, and ate out of my hand! :shock: Well, it is not quite that bad. :lol:

big bore 94,
yes, sometimes you just need to look around a little bit and you find someone with much worse problems than mine. May the Lord bless all our troops!

Well today it is only 74 deg. and wet and dreary. Gotta find sumpin to complain about!
Everyone have a super day!!
Mokwaw
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mokwaw »

Early yestarday morn went to water the garden, came in with a platter full of steamed veggies. Cooled off a lot after the rain passed in the late afternoon. This A.M. is muggy and overcast, but cooler.
UNITE
firefuzz
Senior Levergunner

Post by firefuzz »

Not wishing for the heat here, just wishing the rain would stop. Already got the dogs in slickers, gonna have to issue them machete's if I don't get to mow soon.

Rob
Proud to be Christian American and not ashamed of being white.

May your rifle always shoot straight, your mag never run dry, you always have one more round than you have adversaries, and your good mate always be there to watch your back.

Because I can!

Never grow a wishbone where a backbone ought to be.
Chas.
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Chas. »

Mow? I walk across my front yard and leave a cloud of dust. Nothing to mow. Hot? It was 90 at 8:00 last night.
gak
Senior Levergunner

Post by gak »

111 Phoenix today. Warm but unremarkable for us, but this is with increasing humidity today--that combination is remarkable. Like others are reporting, we've (maybe) got some storms rolling in this weekend to cool things down a little (to 105-108 :-))
Buck Elliott
Member Emeritus

Post by Buck Elliott »

Supposed to hit the mid-70s today... Last few weeks have been wonderful, thunderstorms in the afternoons, cool at night -- down into the 40s & 50s.

Hope it stays like this...
Regards

Buck

Life has a way of making the foreseeable that which never happens, and the unforeseeable, that which your life becomes...
brno602
Levergunner 2.0

Post by brno602 »

It's just starting to get hot here first time this year! I was Camping and scouting for Elk last Week and in the Morning it was only +5°C getting close to Frost in July!!but this week it is hot +30°C Or High 80s F. But it's a nice dry heat 23% humidity.
Bogie35
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bogie35 »

It was 102 here today. With the humidity, the heat index was 115...and there was no breeze at all. In that kind of heat, even wild animals begin to consider the human emotion of self-pity. We're usually good for several days like this per summer, which of course lasts from the end of April to the beginning of October. ;)

When it's hot, the wind just doesn't blow anywhere in the middle third of the state of South Carolina (except along the coast). I drink as much water as I can. It not only prevents dehydration and heat exhaustion, it also seems to keep my energy level up. And my dad taught me a long time ago to find shade whenever possible, even for brief moments, because the effects of heat exhaustion can be cumulative.

bogie
Sadly, "Political Correctness" is the most powerful religion in America, and it has ruined our society.
willygene
Levergunner 2.0

Post by willygene »

Buck your weather there is so nice just hearing about it depresses me when i look at my temp 1045 at night and it is still 89 degrees. i miss the weather up in that part of the world, lived in hoback jct, for a while and then over in driggs idaho, love the weather and the scenery.
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Post by claybob86 »

Summer is for fishing! :D Other than that, I have no use for it.
Have you hugged your rifle today?
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Too hot!

The heat index has been over 100 for a week, and the standing temperature hit that the other day. Miserable. I started cutting the lawn yesterday at 6:30am. The neighbors probably didn't like the noise, but it was the coolest time of the day. :shock:
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

We hit around 100F yesterday. That temp isn't as hot as it gets around here, but Mother Nature flipped the switch from spring to summer over night. Wasn't but 75-85 like last week. When I grew up here it wasn't anything to get 110-113 every day of summer. Couldn't grab a real metal car door handle without burning your hand. Would prefer the 75-80 degree temps.
Old Law Dawg
willygene
Levergunner 2.0

Post by willygene »

yep it's hot but not as hot as it has been in the past global warming bla bla bla it gets hotter sometimes than others and colder sometimes than others nothing is new and before we burn up we will freeze it's the way it has always been. global warming is a farse.
dennie
Levergunner 2.0

Post by dennie »

The last couple of days have been pretty nice here, mid to upper 80s. When it gets to the mid to upper 90s, and more, I start having a meltdown!
I appreciate the replies, and see that temps where some of you live are much worse than here.
I will try to be nice until the snow flies. Then I will hate snow and cold weather!
This getting older thing isn't for the meek!
Later.