Starline .45 Colt Brass Arrived

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Starline .45 Colt Brass Arrived

Post by JohndeFresno »

10 good guy points for Starline -

Nobody seemed to have .45 Colt brass, new or used, so I bit the bullet and backordered through Starline at the beginning of this month. They kept their word! They listed a July 17th date - and I received my order today (7-16).

That says a lot for them, given the many changed backorder dates that we usually encounter. 500 pieces for $88.90, shipped - not bad. Very happy customer here. I guess this will be my brass of choice from now on for this caliber.
Hobie

Re: Starline .45 Colt Brass Arrived

Post by Hobie »

Starline is a dependable company that makes quality brass. I like 'em and order from them.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Levergunner 1.0

Post by 457121 »

i ordered 45ACP brass from them at the begining of the month as well. the due date on their website was July 15. it was delivered to my work today. their 45 Colt brass reloads forever even at 32,000 CUP like i run mine in my Ruger Bisley.
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

That's just the question I was going to ask! Thanks guys! I will have to try some out. -Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel
Chas.
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Chas. »

Was that regular .45 Colt brass, or .45 Long Colt brass? :roll:
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

Chas. wrote:Was that regular .45 Colt brass, or .45 Long Colt brass? :roll:
Yup - here we go stirrin' it up again! :lol:
adirondakjack
Senior Levergunner

Post by adirondakjack »

I have it on very good authority they are running about 5 million of them bad boys right now. Probably pulled the first completed rounds to cover the backorders. (My puny little C45S order is next after the LONG Colt, probably by the end of the month......)

Starline DOES work very hard to try and meet their manufacturing schedule. They don't always hit it dead on the nose (maddening for those of us who have orders to fill we have to back-order), but they do try.
Certified gun nut
Lobo
Member Emeritus

Post by Lobo »

Hi All,

After buying brass from them a few years back, I've come to a point where if Starline makes what I'm after, then I buy from them. Basically my stock of 45 Colt brass is all from Starline.
Lobo in West Virginia
Old List Veteran..Five Years..Five Hundred Posts
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I have used Starline brass in my .480, and have had only good results. Quality material.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
WyrTwister
Levergunner 1.0

Post by WyrTwister »

Are you all buying direct form Starline or the distributors ( like Midway ) ? Are they pretty much the same price as from the distributors ?

God bless
Wyr
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

Wyr,

I went to Starline directly.

Midway is where I almost always shop for components (except for cast bullets - I buy them directly), because their prices are fair, selection very good, and site navigation and search engine are the best. But they had none.

Midway's quote is $94.99, not yet counting the shipping, for 500 rounds. As stated, that is a backorder. I elected to backorder (with a reasonable projected date of about two weeks) from Starline, and they were quite a bit cheaper.

Here's the link to the Starline site where I purchased my brass directly - $88.90, shipped, for 500 rounds:
http://www.starlinebrass.com/

Although I like Midway, considering the service and the price given, I'm afraid they've lost my business to Starline for brass.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I order directly from Starline and have loaded a number of cartridges using their brass. Great service, great product. I guess I can't say it enough. :oops:
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
WyrTwister
Levergunner 1.0

Post by WyrTwister »

JohndeFresno wrote:Wyr,

I went to Starline directly.

Midway is where I almost always shop for components (except for cast bullets - I buy them directly), because their prices are fair, selection very good, and site navigation and search engine are the best. But they had none.

Midway's quote is $94.99, not yet counting the shipping, for 500 rounds. As stated, that is a backorder. I elected to backorder (with a reasonable projected date of about two weeks) from Starline, and they were quite a bit cheaper.

Here's the link to the Starline site where I purchased my brass directly - $88.90, shipped, for 500 rounds:
http://www.starlinebrass.com/

Although I like Midway, considering the service and the price given, I'm afraid they've lost my business to Starline for brass.

Thanks for the info . I usually buy once fired when I buy brass . If I can find it at a reasonable price .

The last .45 ACP I bought was from a member of the Handloading forum .

Course , my favorite brass is free range brass . :-)

I cast the majority of my own bullets .

God bless
Wyr
2X22
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 2X22 »

I buy from Starline only unless it is a hard to find caliber.

I have NEVER been less than thrilled with their products and service.

2x22
"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." - Thomas Jefferson
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

.45 Colt is the only caliber I won't buy from Starline. Just a little too thick for my BP. I have quite a bit... what... between range brass & door prices! :mrgreen: Good stuff for smokeless.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
adirondakjack
Senior Levergunner

Post by adirondakjack »

Griff wrote:.45 Colt is the only caliber I won't buy from Starline. Just a little too thick for my BP. I have quite a bit... what... between range brass & door prices! :mrgreen: Good stuff for smokeless.
Griff ole pard, just neck size em and they run with a lot less blowby.
Certified gun nut
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Speaking of the .45 Colt, what a coinciidence: On Cowboys: The .45 Colt Cartridge
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

What I've used has been top notch brass. I've got some 45-70 Starline brass that's been loaded so many times with level two loads I've lost count.
NRA Life Member
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Starline is my favorite brass, hands down! :D
medicdave
Levergunner 1.0

Post by medicdave »

My 32/20 order just got charged, if your looking for some guys. Right on time as was the 45/70's that came 2 months ago. Great brass and company.
the telegraphist
Levergunner 2.0

Post by the telegraphist »

Been using Starline for years in all my handgun cals. Never ever a problem. Will continue to do so, though here in Australia we dont seem to have any shortages or waiting times. Freely available in all cals at the local gunshops.
GUN CONTROL IS HITTING YOUR TARGET
brno602
Levergunner 2.0

Post by brno602 »

I got a nice letter( Email) back from Debbie at Starline she basiclly said it would be a arm and a leg to send brass to me and they do not do it direct from Starline.
But they sent a reply back to me and that is all I ask, good company they try and they reply back to you! I can't say that for most american company's or private gun smiths they don't even talk to us Canadians.
Good thing Norma, Sako, Tika (Owned buy Sako) has not forgoten us up here. Ya a bit bitter why did Imperial fold I blame the liberal east for that one!
Yet we make right here in this country millions of rounds of ammo used By Nato mostly the U.S .223 Rounds? go figure.
I think I will end up buying .454 brass from win and trimming it down for my Colts at a price of $1.00 each :x
Last edited by brno602 on Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
adirondakjack
Senior Levergunner

Post by adirondakjack »

brno602 wrote:I got a nice letter( Email) back from Debbie at Starline she basiclly said it would be a arm and a leg to send brass to me and they do not do it direct from Starline.
But they sent a reply back to me and that is all I ask, good company they try and they reply back to you! I can't say that for most american company's or private gun smiths they don't even talk to us Canadians.
Good thing Norma, Sako, Tika (Owned buy Sako) has not forgoten us up here. Ya a bit bitter why did Imperial fold I blam the liberal east for that one!
Yet we make right here in this country millions of rounds of ammo used By Nato mostly the U.S .223 Rounds? go figure.
I think I will end up buying .454 brass from win and trimming it down for my Colts at a price of $1.00 each :x

Contact Doubletap Sports out of Toronto I believe. He carries Starline brass, or did a couple of years ago.
Certified gun nut
brno602
Levergunner 2.0

Post by brno602 »

adirondakjack wrote:
brno602 wrote:I got a nice letter( Email) back from Debbie at Starline she basiclly said it would be a arm and a leg to send brass to me and they do not do it direct from Starline.
Good thing Norma, Sako, Tika (Owned buy Sako) has not forgoten us up here. Ya a bit bitter why did Imperial fold I blam the liberal east for that one!

Contact Doubletap Sports out of Toronto I believe. He carries Starline brass, or did a couple of years ago.
Most of are bigger gun shops sporting good stores do get it in but it's gone just as fast.