Chinese Military Shooting

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Hobie

Chinese Military Shooting

Post by Hobie »

http://shootingwithhobie.blogspot.com/2 ... oting.html It is a Youtube video of about 4:39 in length and clearly these guys might have been hand-picked for the "documentary". Of course you have Mr. Cocky, etc...
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
piller
Posting leader...

Re: Chinese Military Shooting

Post by piller »

I couldn't see everyone's rank, but the ones whom I noticed were NCOs or Officers. This was a hand picked group.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Yep NCO's . Same 4 guys in the whole video. Training wise our infantry is doing the same things but those guys have been doing this for quite some time.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

They've come a long way...

Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
brno602
Levergunner 2.0

Post by brno602 »

I thought I would see some SKS action.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

They are way beyond the SKS except for their militias.
Sincerely,

Hobie

Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Looks like the real deal to me......
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Canuck Bob
Senior Levergunner

Post by Canuck Bob »

Barb and I adopted our daughters from China so I had the oppurtunity to meet some of thier soldiers. One Officer spoke perfect english which he studied at USC! They know us and are not afraid. The only real strategic advantage that still exists in the free nations is American airpower. Mark my words that is changing fast. Someday they will make Boeings in Bejing, our corporate masters are fools. Cheap labor is really costing us everything sacred to us.

Never underestimate the Chinese Soldier. They are handpicked from a vast population and are all superbly trained and highly motivated. It is a high status profession there. We have supplied them with the wealth to resupply and train thier Armed Forces to a level we really don't realize. They have all the steel mills, factories, highly educated managers, a national infrastructure that puts us to shame. They own our debt, our banks, our resources. They think nothing of throwing away thier baby girls, what do you think they will do with ours?

They sell sophisticated weapons to our worst enemies for mid east and African oil. I am old enough and tough enough to not fear much, thier government and its real intentions terrify me. I'm not really a paranoid nut case, they are on the same path as prewar Germany. A national war machine the likes of which had never been seen before.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

impressive
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

Interesting to note that they aparently haven't learned from our FBI that training will be duplicated under the stress of combat... ie: shoot twice and change mag, shoot twice and change mag will be duplicated in battle.

The FBI found that agents that trained this way with their pistols often dumped the mags in an actual confrontation after just two shots... just as they trained.

Sometimes being frugal with your ammo is not a good idea.

However, this does serve as a warning to us westerners who regard the chicoms lowly. They are striving to improve...

Fortunately, we are at the stage in our military development that this kind of thing doesn't even enter into the equation until after all fo the ordinance has been dropped and the supply and communication links cut...
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
Canuck Bob
Senior Levergunner

Post by Canuck Bob »

We still enjoy one huge benefit my rant failed to acknowledge, the Pacicic Ocean.

Now, if I was a Russian Strategist that common border between Russia and China would concern me.

I'll share one more story. We got Anna 7 years ago. While driving around Bejing our guide said there were 16 million bicycles in Bejing. It turns out many folks had two. One to get from home to the bus and one to ride from the bus to work. Two years later I returned to pickup my baby Rosie. This was 5 and 7 years ago.

There were no bicycles in Bejing! It turns out that the explosion in personal cars in that 2 year period pushed bicycles off the streets. The explosion of wealth and commerce was breathtaking. There were billboards selling condos in the central area of Bejing for 1 Million US dollars in 4 languages. Reminds one of the old rock lyrics, "The times they are a'changin".
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

We have to remember that while we might be a AA team they are a AAAAAAA team. IOW, they have a HUGE talent pool and they know how to exploit that talent and are somewhat ruthless in doing so if necessary.

I think also that the PLA is still revered for its resistance to the Red Guards despite what happened at Tiananmen. I had an instructor tell me that only the LOWEST sort of person was a soldier in pre-WWII China and he had to adapt to the American system when he came here and began teaching Chinese to US soldiers. I think that has changed.
Sincerely,

Hobie

WyrTwister
Levergunner 1.0

Post by WyrTwister »

Canuck Bob wrote: I'm not really a paranoid nut case, they are on the same path as prewar Germany. A national war machine the likes of which had never been seen before.

Read in Revelations , of a 200 million man army marching from the east . Ever wonder who that might be ?

God bless
Wyr
MrMurphy
Senior Levergunner

Post by MrMurphy »

The Gulf War and what it showed technology and small trained forces could do revolutionized the PLA and they drastically downsized their active army and trained them much better.

They haven't been in a shooting war since the 70s with anyone who's a serious threat, and then the Vietnamese inflicted heavy casualties on them, having 40 yrs of combat experience till about 2 yrs before. The Chinese had been 20 yrs without a major war.

Interesting that they do the "strong hand does everything" technique carried over from the AK series, changing mags with the shooting hand. Most Western militaries using bullpups use the left hand "stuff the mag in your armpit" technique and roll the magwell left.

The PLA does still have a lot of AKs and they're all in the reserve/non frontline guys or militia, they've also been designing their own rifles since the '60s. Two or three variants that have little in common except somewhat visually to the AK saw extensive service in China.

The Type 95 series shown is the result of quite a bit of thought, though Chinese troops have had some harsh words to say about the ergonomics, etc leading to a redesign. Given that the designers were on a hard timeline for the Hong Kong handover and "no" was not acceptable, they did a decent job, but the newer generation replacing it should be interesting to see. The 5.8mm round was also specifically made to try out do the 5.56 and 5.45 at both barrier penetration and stopping people instead of doing the 5,000mph chopstick routine and just sailing through (something that the original 7.62 AK had a problem with, depending on who's country's ammo you were using).
the telegraphist
Levergunner 2.0

Post by the telegraphist »

Hobie I hope the bloke in your pic does not drop his wrist when letting the shot go. Yes we have to take a great deal of notice. Be prepared.
GUN CONTROL IS HITTING YOUR TARGET
Markbo

Post by Markbo »

Ask 9 out of 10 Americans just exactly who the U.S. owes all the 'national debt' TO and they won't be able to tell you. The Chinese not only do not fear us, they laugh at us. We are a joke to them.

They could have this country any time they wanted to, if they wanted it with most everything destroyed by nuclear weapons. Hmmmmm.... a vast North America with no major cities and a fraction of the population .... hmmmmm... just a great big ol' place to gather up natural resources.
Lawyer Daggit
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Lawyer Daggit »

Canuck Bob summed things up well.

While references to 'The yellow peril' are no longer politically correct, our industrialists who love trading with the PRC conveniently forget that this so called 'communist' state is a totalitarian regime with a terrible human rights record.

They have a terrible record in their treatment of their own people. How are they going to treat westerners when we cross them, as our beliefs in liberty inevitably shall.
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

Canuck Bob, I have to say that you could change your name to Arizona Bob any day because you sound like one of my countrymen. Right on.

I'm not sure I agree with the notion that most Americans don't understand who owns our debt and who we've mortgaged ourselves to. Not one person I know is happy about everything in Wal-Mart being made in China and most of the people I know seem to "get it". I check labels like mad and if I have a choice (which I often do not) I'll buy just about anything but something that's Made in China. That said, I'm convinced that we're fully screwed and it's already game over.

Interesting video. Thanks.

Cheers,
Oly
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

We used to say when the US sneezes the world catches cold, now it seems to be when China sneezes.........
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
Markbo

Post by Markbo »

olyinaz wrote:....I'm not sure I agree with the notion that most Americans don't understand who owns our debt and who we've mortgaged ourselves to. ...Cheers, Oly
ASK them. Not your fellow gun enthusiasts and conservative types like here. I mean the average joe and jane on the street. Ask anyone employed at Wal Mart. Ask anyone shopping at Wal Mart. Ask the folks getting gas next to you or strangers you strike up a conversation with. I am talking most people - not highly educated or international business people. Ask them and make your own determination.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

It don't impress me. Our guys would hand them their butt. What do they have?--20 people in the whole country who can shoot? We have a whole nation of shooters.

We are still the "Sleeping Giant". We have been asleep since 1945, but the will and determination is there if "others" decide to awaken us.

When the "poop hits the fan", we Americans have proven throughout history that we can "clean house" from 5,000 miles away.

Can you all imagine what we could do if we let the generals run the war, instead of the politicians.

The Chinese laugh at us?? Let them awaken us and we will show them who rules the roost. :D -------------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

KWK
Senior Levergunner

Post by KWK »

Canuck Bob wrote:The only real strategic advantage that still exists in the free nations is American airpower. Mark my words that is changing fast. Someday they will make Boeings in Bejing, our corporate masters are fools. Cheap labor is really costing us everything sacred to us.
1) The U.S. navy is still tops in its field.

2) I'd say it's more our haughty refusal to be cheap labor that will cost us. He who converts raw materials into goods and services the cheapest wins, and that sure ain't us anymore. We could crush the Chinese on world markets, but our personal consumption would have to drop to 1950's levels (which still made for a very nice life).