Calling all Australian Levergunners

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
peter richards
Levergunner 2.0

Calling all Australian Levergunners

Post by peter richards »

If you are anywhere near Sydney on the weekend of August 7 & 8 there are two meetings that may interest you. On Saturday 7th August at 1pm the SSAA Collectors Club is having a Winchester day, and the on Sunday 8th August at 10am some of the Australian members of the Winchester Arms Collectors Association are having a get together & shoot. I am busily finishing of my display of one of each Winchester Lever Action Rifle, I only have two to go to complete my collection, a Model 55 & a Model 71, if anyone wants to sell one I am on the hunt. For any further details e-mail me - peter@ruralsales.com.au
Pete
Levergunner Down Under
NRA Life Member
SSAA
SASS
WACA
Shooters & Fishers Party
Jacko
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Calling all Australian Levergunners

Post by Jacko »

G/Day Peter, I don't live anywhere near Sydney, I'm north of Brisbane but thanks for spreading the word. I must be walking around with my head in the sand as I have never given a moments thought about the SSAA collectors club.

I was only thinking a few minutes ago I should use my tax return to get myself a Winchester Lever

regards Jacko
Nicknack
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Nicknack »

Thanks Pete for the info.I'd be there with bells on,but like Jacko I live in Brisbane have a few old Winchesters though. Enjoy yourself and let us know how it went.
All the best regards Dallas
It's dead easy to die; it's the keeping on living that's hard - Douglas Mawson - Scientist and polar survivor
Lawyer Daggit
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Lawyer Daggit »

Thanks for the word. Not in Sydney that weekend I am afraid.

I have a modest collection of working Winchesters- but more modern ones- 9417, 9410, a 94 made in 1963 and a garden variety 9422M that form part of a lever collection that also has a Browning 92 in 44M, a Browning BLR 308 and a Marlin .22 model 39 TDS in it.

For cost reasons I have decided to focus on more modern ones that will become collectable, and I think this is the beauty of Winchesters and lever guns generally, there are many of them, and you can structure your collection as you see fit.

If you are there and can get some pictures of 'highlights' I would love to see them if posted up here.
crow
Levergunner

Post by crow »

Jacko wrote:G/Day Peter, I don't live anywhere near Sydney, I'm north of Brisbane but thanks for spreading the word. I must be walking around with my head in the sand as I have never given a moments thought about the SSAA collectors club.

I was only thinking a few minutes ago I should use my tax return to get myself a Winchester Lever

regards Jacko
Can't be that good a tax return if ya home bludgen at 4.30 in the afternoon. Crikey! Expect a phone call tonight if your not havin' a little sleepy-bye.

Peter thanks for the heads up. Me in Brisbane as well but good to have people here posting news. Will be joining SASS soon, waiting for my permits to come through for 3 levers then gunna make some noise..

Cheers
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote.
-Benjamin Franklin