The Herd (Pics 56k beware)

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
firefuzz
Senior Levergunner

The Herd (Pics 56k beware)

Post by firefuzz »

I've gotten to enjoy the pics of so many of you alls nice rifles I decided it was time to return the favor. You'll have to pardon the quality of the photos.

Uberti/Beretta '73 in .357 mag

Uberti/Cimmaron '76 in .45-60

Miroku '86TD in .45-70

Browning B92 in .357 mag

Winchester 1894/Ted Williams Mod 100 in .30-30

Browning 1895 in .30-06
I shortened the barrel on this rifle to 20" and am having a band type front sight blued to go on it. I'll replace the rear with a Lyman receiver sight. This'll probably be my deer rifle for the heavy woods.

Well, that's the herd so far. I want to add another '95, a SRC in .30-40 Krag but that'll be next years project. I know all clones, well the '94 Ted Williams was made by Winchester for Sears, but all good guns and good shooters. I'd love to be able to afford the real Winchester's, but I'd probably never shoot any of them, these I will.

Rob
Proud to be Christian American and not ashamed of being white.

May your rifle always shoot straight, your mag never run dry, you always have one more round than you have adversaries, and your good mate always be there to watch your back.

Because I can!

Never grow a wishbone where a backbone ought to be.
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Re: The Herd (Pics 56k beware)

Post by TedH »

Nice collection you have there!
NRA Life Member
Warhawk
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Warhawk »

That B92 looks vaugely familiar :lol:

How does it shoot?
firefuzz
Senior Levergunner

Post by firefuzz »

Warhawk wrote:That B92 looks vaugely familiar :lol:

How does it shoot?
Very good thank you. :lol:

Rob

May your rifle always shoot straight, your mag never run dry, you always have one more round than you have adversaries, and your good mate always be there to watch your back.

Because I can!

Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Nice bunch dude! While I was scrolling down, I looked at the pic of the 95 (text was not showing) and I said to myself, "that barrel has been cut". Then I read the text. :D Thats a good idea. It sure will make a handy woods/mid range rifle.

I also like your signature line. :D ---------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Hobie

Post by Hobie »

The '95 seems to have the slickest action out of box despite the lever throw and ungainly appearance.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

If I was to come across one of those sweet little Browning '95s I would cut the barrel to 22" and silver solder on one of those little ramps from a .33 WCF 1886 barrel. Oh yeah, it would also become a .35 WCF. :)
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
firefuzz
Senior Levergunner

Post by firefuzz »

Mike D. wrote:If I was to come across one of those sweet little Browning '95s I would cut the barrel to 22" and silver solder on one of those little ramps from a .33 WCF 1886 barrel. Oh yeah, it would also become a .35 WCF. :)
If this one doesn't shoot to suit me it's getting rebarreled in .35 Whelen. :wink: If it does the next "cheap" one I find will be.

These are the front sight I'm using:
http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/sid=2432 ... __Ht__362_
http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/sid=2434 ... 6___6_5mm_

Rob
Last edited by firefuzz on Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Because I can!

rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

very nice collection.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Excellent line up of levers! What load do you like for the '76 in .45-60 WCF?
firefuzz
Senior Levergunner

Post by firefuzz »

Ysabel Kid wrote:Excellent line up of levers! What load do you like for the '76 in .45-60 WCF?
I haven't got to play with it very much yet. I'm loading my cast 300gr RFN (RCBS 82051) bullet, Jamison brass and 27gr of IMR 4198 (2grs under max according to the Lyman 49 manual), it's a sweet load in this gun. There's virtually no recoil, about like one of my .357 carbines, pretty accurate, very fun gun to shoot. When it cools off a little I'll play with the load a little more but I didn't buy this gun to try to make a cannon out of, got the '86 for that.

Rob

Because I can!

Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

firefuzz wrote:
Ysabel Kid wrote:Excellent line up of levers! What load do you like for the '76 in .45-60 WCF?
I haven't got to play with it very much yet. I'm loading my cast 300gr RFN (RCBS 82051) bullet, Jamison brass and 27gr of IMR 4198 (2grs under max according to the Lyman 49 manual), it's a sweet load in this gun. There's virtually no recoil, about like one of my .357 carbines, pretty accurate, very fun gun to shoot. When it cools off a little I'll play with the load a little more but I didn't buy this gun to try to make a cannon out of, got the '86 for that.

Rob
+2 (hoping it cools off to enjoy shooting again, and not making a cannon out of it!)
NonPCnraRN
Levergunner 2.0

Post by NonPCnraRN »

firefuzz wrote:
Mike D. wrote:If I was to come across one of those sweet little Browning '95s I would cut the barrel to 22" and silver solder on one of those little ramps from a .33 WCF 1886 barrel. Oh yeah, it would also become a .35 WCF. :)
If this one doesn't shoot to suit me it's getting rebarreled in .35 Whelen. :wink: If it does the next "cheap" one I find will be.

These are the front sight I'm using:
http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/sid=2432 ... __Ht__362_
http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/sid=2434 ... 6___6_5mm_

Rob
Have you considered the 338-06? It is now a factory round by A-Square. It will handle 200-250 gr bullets better than the 30-06 and has better BC and SD than the 35 Whelen. Of course with iron sight ranges the difference in trajectories between the .338-06 and the 35 Whelen is not that great. Just thinking out loud.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

very nice herd....hope it grows
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

I see you have gone for a quality set of leverguns.
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blog: https://www.kirkdurston.com/
2X22
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 2X22 »

Nice collection! :D

2x22
"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." - Thomas Jefferson