Newest addition to the family

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
gordylew
Levergunner 1.0

Newest addition to the family

Post by gordylew »

After reading all the positive post about the Rossi 92s I went ahead and grabbed the last one off the shelf. We got in several awhile back and after fondling them for awhile and watching them go out the door I went ahead and brought home a stainless 16" carbine in .44 mag. I was hoping the 454s were going to start showing up but I got tired of waiting.
I was rather surprised of the accuracy of this little package. I shoot a 2" group off hand at 50 yards with the first 5 rounds. not bad for the crude factory sights.
I just got off of Steve's website where I ordered a replacement peep/safety plug , a fiber optic green front sight and a replacement metal follower.
The gun came pretty smooth from the factory so I'll probably hold off on DIY action job.
a set of sling swivels and I think I'll be set.
any thing else I need?
I'll post pics after this project is finished.
Hobie

Re: Newest addition to the family

Post by Hobie »

:D
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

gordylew wrote:<snip>
any thing else I need?
I'll post pics after this project is finished.
More ammo.

And pics are always good.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

gordylew wrote:Any thing else I need?
For the sling swivels, it makes a very nice setup to use the barrel-band-mounted front ones that Uncle Mike's makes, or you can use the 'clamp around the magazine tube' kind. I never seem to find them in stainless/nickel when I want them, but since my slings will have blued hardware on them, I don't worry about it.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
gordylew
Levergunner 1.0

Post by gordylew »

The replacement safety plug/ peep , metal follower, and fiber optic front sight came in yesterday. Like a kid at Christmas I installed all of the goodies on my gun and took her out for a test run. The front sight was a little loose so I had to peen the dovetail a little but other then that everything installed easily. Everything worked like a champ. I shot @ 20rds of Magtech .240 gr hp and was getting @ 2" groups off hand. I'll have to try off a bench next time.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gordylew
Levergunner 1.0

Post by gordylew »

here is another pic. I plan on using the gun for hogs. My daughters pet doesn't approve.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CEMENTHEAD
Levergunner 3.0

Post by CEMENTHEAD »

gordylew wrote:here is another pic. I plan on using the gun for hogs. My daughters pet doesn't approve.
No that's funny right there! :lol:

Good luck with the 92....it sure is pretty. :mrgreen:

Thanks, Tom
War sees no color, sex, or ethnic background - wars only see blood shed by our heroes for our freedoms.

I Am An American! Fighting for our Country and our way of life.

Fourth Generation Veteran and Proud !!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I can smell the bacon already. Sweet! 8)
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Nice addition!
NRA Life Member
pablom
Levergunner

Post by pablom »

I have the same 92 in 454 and shot a doe at over 75 yards ( kinda lucky I'll atdmit on a running deer) Rolled it and that was that, Was killed with a cast wheel weight bullet I made 300 grains with military surplus H108. lots af fun
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Very NICE!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

Now slug the bore and start casting! My Puma .44 Mag., (.431" bore), likes Ranchdog's 265 gr. FL (at .432")over some WC820.
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

Glad you're liking your Rossi. The are a blast to shoot. I'd suggest that you go back to Steve's site and buy his ejector spring for something like $8.50. Right now you are probably shooting your brass into low earth orbit with the std spring and you can feel it's resistance the last 1/4" of the bolt closing. The new spring will cure both of those ills. While you're at it, get his DVD because while you think that it's smooth now, his action/trigger job instructions are easy to follow, take about 1/2 hour to complete and the results are astounding.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are