9410 winchester

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
sgtgrinche

9410 winchester

Post by sgtgrinche »

my father got my 12 year lod son a 9410 winchester new we havent shot this yet any thoughts if this will be a collector someday
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Good for your son to shoot I would say.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

jbm1968
Levergunner 2.0

Post by jbm1968 »

I would say shoot it and enjoy the memories. I can not see the future, but it is unlikely that it will bring a significant return even if it is in perfect condition for at least 100 years.
Jonathan

Soldier
NRA Life Member
sgtgrinche

Post by sgtgrinche »

i believe hope to get him out sqirrell and rabbit hunting with it. it is a very nice gun wish i could post pics
homefront
Levergunner 3.0

Post by homefront »

Nah. :twisted:
ALL guns are shooters.
You can't take it with you.
It's JUST a gun.
Use it and enjoy it - that's where the real value is.
20cows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 20cows »

Shoot!
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

It's already somewhat of a collectible. You won't hurt it any by shooting it.
nemhed
Senior Levergunner

Post by nemhed »

There is one on the shelf of my local gun. It actually has a cheap scope with the see-thru mounts on it. Apparently someone thought it would make a great deer rifle (slug gun ?), then traded it in when they changed the law in Indiana to allow pistol caliber rifles for deer. They want over $600 for this rig so I quess they think it is collectible. :?
oregon73
Levergunner 2.0

Post by oregon73 »

Definitely don't see many 9410's coming up on the used racks at my local gun shops. I'd still say shoot it.

Rob
NRA
wbwizzard
Levergunner

Post by wbwizzard »

This is a great little "fun" gun. I got one on impluse when they first came out. Both my grandsons enjoyed shooting it when they were little as the isn't much recoil. I'm not much of a shot gunner myself, but I needed an excuse to shoot it, so I started loading it with round balls to shoot at my steel plates. Lots of fun! I use a 410 dia ball without the plastic wad or a 375 ball ( or 2) with the plastic shot cup. Can anyone tell me why no one is willing to make a mould to cast slugs for the 410. Lyman used to make them but stopped. You see them occasionally for sale on Ebay and they go for close to $200, so there must be a need. I suspect that someone blew up a fine old double gun and the lawyers got involved, and that was that.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

I bought one about a year ago. I'm gonna shoot the snot out of it and let someone else worry about what it's worth. :D

8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Say wbwizzard what kinder grouping do you get with that .410 ball and does it go in the case ok or bulge it?
Nath.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
wbwizzard
Levergunner

Post by wbwizzard »

Nath, Never did put it on the bench to measure the group.figured it wouldn't be too impressive; but it does shoot better than I expected. At thirty yards, I can hit a 8'' steel plate with every shot, off hand.
It took me quite a bit of time to get everything just right with the wads. For the .375 ball I put some 38 caliber wads in the bottom of the shot cup. For the .410 ball, I cut the pedels off the shot cup and put some 410 felt wads over the shot cup and under the ball. Both got over shot cards and a roll crimp. there was a litle buldge with the 410, but it chambered OK. I was not worried about the bulge because the ball would roll down the barrel with no pressure applied. This is for my win 9410; I woulldn't try it in an older gun, especially with a tight choke.
buckeyeshooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by buckeyeshooter »

They are selling $800.00 to $1000.00 now. Depending on fixed or screw in chokes and variation.
bobbyjack
Levergunner 2.0

Post by bobbyjack »

Winchester makes some 2&1/2 inch 1/5 oz slugs(1830 FPS)five to a box.

I use them in my Marlin lever Mod 410,I'm saving it for my grandson.

No doubt they were priced too high off the get-go,and everybody really expected a 3 inch shell.

So yes they will just go up in price and get harder to find.

I'd like one myself.

Bob :)