Range Brass

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Pipeliner
Levergunner

Range Brass

Post by Pipeliner »

If your'e a brass scrounger like me you may have noticed that people are starting to leave brass laying around again. I have been picking up some good stuff lately. I just wish I owned a 40 S&W and a 223. I may have to buy a 40 just because there is so much brass laying around. I guess it's a sign that things are starting to return to normal. I can even find powder and primers for sale when I need them. Life is good when you come home with more brass than you took!
What does not kill me, makes me stronger.
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Range Brass

Post by JohndeFresno »

Yes - I'm reloading some range brass right now for plinking rounds. I ran into this decapper buster - a Berdan primed .45 ACP! Had to change the pin and move on.
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

JohndeFresno wrote:Yes - I'm reloading some range brass right now for plinking rounds. I ran into this decapper buster - a Berdan primed .45 ACP! Had to change the pin and move on.

Ouch --- i did that with the first batch of .223 i ever reloaded :lol:
----- Doug
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Welcome aboard Pipeliner! I too am a brass scrounger (some here call it a more "amusing" name :wink: ), and proud of it. I collected a ton of .40 S&W brass for a number of years before picking up my first gun firing that round. Always good to plan ahead! Beside, it becomes trading fodder for brass you do need - but you already knew that! :D
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

Pipeliner wrote:...I can even find powder and primers for sale when I need them. Life is good when you come home with more brass than you took!
Yes - Midway, for instance, now has every type of primer that I would use. That was not the case, just a short time ago. And, forgive me for not saying it - welcome to the fire!
m.wun
Levergunner 3.0

Post by m.wun »

I pick up brass even if I dont load for it.Many a time I have traded somebody a bag of one
thing for somthing I could use.
What in the wild world of sports is going on here
Pipeliner
Levergunner

Post by Pipeliner »

Our club gets a lot of pre hunt shooters that leave the good brass laying when they leave. I never do find the really good stuff. Seems nobody ever leaves 444 or 45 Colt stuff.
What does not kill me, makes me stronger.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

You still have to hunt around a bit to find more than the odd box of .357 Mag factory loads, but MidwayUsa had enough Sellier & Belliot to make buying some worthwhile (I hate to sight in a gun and wind up with only a couple dozen of that factory load that will shoot right on, before I have to re-sight in for a different brand/load.)

Of course reloading opens up the possibility of making & shooting hundreds, or even thousands of rounds of the SAME load over several years, without having to look around at store after store for just that one loading.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "