BlackHawk Hunter

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
HEAD0001
Levergunner 3.0

BlackHawk Hunter

Post by HEAD0001 »

I have been looking at some revolvers. And also considering a Freedom Arms revolver. But the more I think about it the more I believe a 45 Colt wil do what I want. I had a Blackhawk Hunter in 44 magnum. And it was a real good shooter. But I want to match my Low Wall-which is a 45 Colt. I found a couple of BlackHawk Hunters in 45 Colt. And the price was $700. Is that a decent price?? I realize it is not a Freedom Arms revolver. But my first BH Hunter in 44 magnum was pretty accurate to 100 yards, so I am assuming the 45 Colt in the same revolver would be decent. And I could always have a little work done to it. What do you guys think about that revolver?? And that price??

I could probably have alot of work done to it and still come in under the $2000 price for the FA in 45 Colt. What is some of the work you guys have had done to the Blackhawk?? Tom.
Hobie

Re: BlackHawk Hunter

Post by Hobie »

I think that you'd like a FA 97 in .45 Colt. It is enough smaller than the FA83 or Blackhawk to match your low wall in that regard and can handle any load you'll run through the low wall (except perhaps for COL).
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson