Uberti Stock Finish Remover

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Tommy Reb
Levergunner 1.0

Uberti Stock Finish Remover

Post by Tommy Reb »

I would like to get rid of the "red" finish commonly found on current Uberti rifles. Does anyone have experience with some type of chemical stripper to get the job done without damage to the wood. I would like to use a chemical stripper if I can to minimize sanding to perserve the nice wood to metal fit. I have no poblem doing a nice job of refinishing the wood once I get rid of that red stain. Thanks for any advice.
Unreconstructed
Wind
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Uberti Stock Finish Remover

Post by Wind »

Hey there tomclink --- I'm a big fan of this stuff. Usually gets it all with no sanding. A little green scrubbie action helps and a little 400 grit with the finish is also good. Think bronze wool and not steel wool. Hope this helps. Best regards. Wind
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.