OT: It feels like Fall just showed up.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
mklwhite
Levergunner 2.0

OT: It feels like Fall just showed up.

Post by mklwhite »

It's beautiful outside. It is about 59 degrees, the wind is blowing, a slight mist in the air. Time to get the old muzzleloader out and go over it in perpetration for the upcoming hunt (October 16th starts the season here). The last few days have really made me tired of warm weather. Killed two copperheads in about 48 hours. One where you step down off the porch... found it after my wife just stepped over it and it scrunched up and moved a few leaves on the sidewalk and that made enough noise to catch my attention. The other was in my garage coiled up by the shovel I had carried the others corpse off with. Don't care for venomous snakes much and care for them even less that close to home. Anyhow I am glad Fall is here and am hoping you all are enjoying the changing weather as much as I. :D
mod71alaska
Senior Levergunner

Re: OT: It feels like Fall just showed up.

Post by mod71alaska »

mklwhite wrote:It's beautiful outside. It is about 59 degrees, the wind is blowing, a slight mist in the air. Time to get the old muzzleloader out and go over it in perpetration for the upcoming hunt (October 16th starts the season here). ....Killed two copperheads in about 48 hours. ....Anyhow I am glad Fall is here and am hoping you all are enjoying the changing weather as much as I. :D
Where is "here," Mklwhite???

47 degrees also with a wind here in Maine. The fall foliage colors are showing more and more every day. No frost, yet. Hasn't even been in the 30s. More than 50 Canada Geese were in the farm pond across the road this morning!
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

It rained yesterday afternoon and much of the night. Got so cold we had to turn on the furnace. It was just last week we were running the AC. My old body can't handle this toggle switch weather.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
iceman
Senior Levergunner

Post by iceman »

Same here in Quebec. Leaves are slowly changing, went and sat by the edge of a harvested corn field yesterday and got 2 nice fat Canada geese. Went looking for partridge this morning heard a couple but too many leaves yet to see them once they take off. Saw a nice fat doe too. May go out this afternoon for a walk around, may favorite time of year.
Happiness is a comfortable stump on a sunny south facing mountain.
RKrodle
Senior Levergunner

Post by RKrodle »

It's only 67F here this morning (10:00am) with a North wind blowing. Fills good. It's suppose to get down in the upper 50's tonight. I wish tomorrow wasn't Monday so I could go out and hunt pigs tonight.
Ricky

DWWC
Marc
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Marc »

Supposed to be 103 today. In the 50's overnight. Trying to get the house cooled down now so it doesn't get so hot inside later.
My "HB" (Hunting Buddy) She's a good cook too!
LeverBob
Senior Levergunner

Post by LeverBob »

Sunday morning about 56 degrees & will top out thru the week at 92. Ugh!
Dayton, Nv.
LB
mklwhite
Levergunner 2.0

Post by mklwhite »

mod71alaska wrote: Where is "here," Mklwhite???

47 degrees also with a wind here in Maine. The fall foliage colors are showing more and more every day. No frost, yet. Hasn't even been in the 30s. More than 50 Canada Geese were in the farm pond across the road this morning!
Sorry about that. Thought I had it on my profile. Here is the Arkansas Ozarks.
If I may, which part of Maine are you in? Coastal, Mountain, Northeast? I hear some wonderful things about parts of Maine and hope to take a family trip up there in a year or two.
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

Fall colors are showing up here too, my favourite time of the year :D
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

Oh sure - rub it in y'all! Fall is the one season that I miss terribly since moving to the desert southwest. Still running high 90's in Tucson and I'm waiting for it to break!!

Cheers,
Oly
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright