Custom Marlin 336

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
KCSO
Levergunner 3.0

Custom Marlin 336

Post by KCSO »

I just finished a 336 Marlin for a customer. The gun started as a cheap birchwood carbine. We sent the barrel to JES Reboring and it came back perfect. The bore is 376 on the nose and the chamber is perfectly cut. The 3 groove barrel is deep cut rifling and it handles cast like a dream, the test group at 50 yards was under 1 1/2" offhand and I don't shoot that well. The rest of the rifle was upgraded. The lawyer safety was erased and the triggger was taken down from 9 to 2 pounds crisp. The stock was replaced with a walnut stock with the old style curved bettplate and the old Marlin pistol grip. The fore stock was trimmed thin like the old ones and the sights were replaced with dovetailed front and rear buckhorn and blade like the original M93. All in all a dandy deer rifle just in time for deer season.

If anyone is considering getting a rifle rebored I can highly recommend JES they do top nootch work.
edwardyoung
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Custom Marlin 336

Post by edwardyoung »

Did you happen to take any pictures? Sounds nice.
Hobie

Re: Custom Marlin 336

Post by Hobie »

Yeah, pictures... :lol: Jesse seems to have a great reputation.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson