OT: Hunting in Argentina

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
SFRanger7GP

OT: Hunting in Argentina

Post by SFRanger7GP »

I have an office in Buenos Aires, Argentina and have decided to spend my weekends hunting while I am there. Here is a free range Axis I took in Maipu this past week. Shot him off the guide's shoulder at 206 yards (lased later) as he was trotting out of the marsh. I used my Merkel K3 in 30-06 with Federal Gold Medal 180gr Barnes triple shock bullets. I hit him right where I was leading him at, where the neck joins the shoulder. Thats where he was hit and he dropped without taking another step (bullet exited). This is all free range hunting. No live stock shooting off of a stand and feeder here. It was a hard hunt that I truly enjoyed. I have plenty of contacts that won't give you the "gringo" prices so PM me if you are interested. They have Axis, Red Stag, Boar, Blackbuck, Fallow, Water Buffalo and more. Also, you will never find better duck, goose and dove hunting.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT: Hunting in Argentina

Post by Rusty »

Uh Oh, my neice is going back down there in Nov. It looks like I have a reason to go see her now.

She's in Monte. Teaching school for Word of Life.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
SFRanger7GP

Post by SFRanger7GP »

Let me know if you are interested in a hunt. I can assist with bringing in firearms, license, etc. I have an apartment in Buenos Aires and will be living down there most of the time as soon as my resident visa comes through.

I saw about 100 Axis the day of that hunt. I took this one after a long stalk on a group of a dozen or so with one huge bodied buck. However, his antlers were still in velvet and growing. I'll go get him next month. :lol: When I told the guide I wasn't going to take him, he told me after a hard stalk we deserved something. He told me to take one and then we would go find a bigger one. We got on a nice buck (36+?) later and stalked him for about 3 hours before we ran out of light. Just couldn't get a clear shot.

Great outfitter and guides and his prices are very reasonable. I am going for birds and boars in a couple of weeks.
86er
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 86er »

Great hunt in a great location!
Professional Hunter
http://www.TARSPORTING.com
"Worldwide Hunting Adventures"

Professional Hunters Assoc of South Africa
SCI - Life Member
NRA - Life Member
NAHC - Trophy Life Member
DWWC - Member
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

It might be a topic for the 'political' section, but sometime it would be interesting to read your thoughts and observations on the political and economic status of Argentina; a patient of mine is a history and economics professor at the university nearby, and says we're about a decade behind them in many not-so-pleasant-sounding ways.

Good luck with your hunting, though, regardless.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
bigbore442001
Levergunner 3.0

Post by bigbore442001 »

Just out of curiosity, is handgun hunting legal in Argentina? Thanks
SFRanger7GP

Post by SFRanger7GP »

Yes, handgun hunting is legal. I plan on hunting boar with my Freedom Arms.
Jeff Quinn
Shootist

Post by Jeff Quinn »

How did he get up on the guide's shoulder, and wasn't that pretty risky for the guide? :-)
Jeff Quinn
gunblast.com