Ordering new press-little help

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
HEAD0001
Levergunner 3.0

Ordering new press-little help

Post by HEAD0001 »

I am ordering a new Hornady progressive press. I will be loading for the 45 Colt. I already have an RCBS die set for the 45 Colt. and I am still deciding about a crimp die.

In addition I want to order:
1. Shell plate
2. COP die(powder check)
3. Powder drop expander

Do I need to order anything else with the press to start reloading for 45 Colt?? Do I need one of the powder tube extensions?? Anything else?? I would like to order it all at one time. And this is my first progressive, so I want to make sure I have everything I need to start with?? Tom.
Griff
Posting leader...

Re: Ordering new press-little help

Post by Griff »

Tom,

I'm not familiar with the Hornady, but is there anything specific by caliber about the powder measure except the powder drop/expanding plug like the Dillon?

So, movin' up to a progressive... goin' plinkin'???
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

You'll probably find something you forgot to get, regardless of how much you try to check everything out before ordering.

Consider calling the press and/or powder manufacturer and asking them...
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
willygene
Levergunner 2.0

Post by willygene »

i like the rcbs cowboy dies but they are expensive, i have a set of lee dies a 3 die set in 44-40 and they are as good as anything you will find, the seat and crimp in one die is nice and the 44-40 is a fun to load and shoot. you will like the 45colt as it is a strait wall case and is very easy to seat and crimp. you will like the lee dies or the rcbs cowboy dies they crimp much better with lead cast or jacketed than other dies do. have fun i have some good loads for the 45colt if you need some.