December 7, 1941

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Base Pin Maker
Levergunner

December 7, 1941

Post by Base Pin Maker »

Remember
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Re: December 7, 1941

Post by kimwcook »

A day that'll live in infamy.
Old Law Dawg
RKrodle
Senior Levergunner

Post by RKrodle »

Base Pin Maker wrote:Remember
Yes sir. Along with 9-11
Ricky

DWWC
BigSky56
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BigSky56 »

What a terrible day.danny
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I had a shirttail cousin of some sort on the Arizona. My Mom knew him :evil:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
CEMENTHEAD
Levergunner 3.0

Post by CEMENTHEAD »

The awakening of the "sleeping giant"...............
War sees no color, sex, or ethnic background - wars only see blood shed by our heroes for our freedoms.

I Am An American! Fighting for our Country and our way of life.

Fourth Generation Veteran and Proud !!
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

God Bless All the Veterans who fought and served in WW2.My Dad amd Uncle included. I Hope they are Walking on Streets of Gold.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

12/7/41 and 9/11/01; 2 days of infamy because our nation's leaders failed to recognize the threat and lack of character of other leaders.

Prayers for all.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
rangerider7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rangerider7 »

My wife's uncle was at Pear Harbor on December 7 1941 and also got to be on board at the surrender of the Japanese.
"That'll Be The Day"
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray Newman »

"12/7/41 and 9/11/01; 2 days of infamy because our nation's leaders failed to recognize the threat and lack of character of other leaders."
--Griff

BINGO!

But the difference between post-12/7/'41 and now is that most Americans are still refuse to see and acknowledge the post-9/11/'01 threat....
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

WWII Vets are disappearing every day. If you see a WWII Vet tell him thank you and show him there are people who still care. It will make him feel good.....and you as well.
new pig hunter
Senior Levergunner

Post by new pig hunter »

had a Pearl Harbor remembrance/celebration lunch today in Chino, CA ..... quite a few vets at the table.
www.centrobasco.net

Cheers,

Carl
Cimarron
Levergunner 2.0
Location: North of the Cimarron River in Indian Territory (Oklahoma)

Post by Cimarron »

My dads brother enlisted in the Navy on Dec. 8, 1941. After basic training he was assigned to the battleship U.S.S. Maryland which had been damaged at Pearl Harbor.

Never forget
HOLY BLACK? YOU MUST MEAN PENNSYLVANIA ANTHRACITE!

"Get your guns boys! They are robbing the bank!" J.S.Allen, Sept. 7, 1876
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

I always watch "Tora Tora Tora" on Dec 7, what I like about it is it goes well into the chain of events that lead to our lack of vigilance. I also have some WWII documentaries with lots of real footage.

I only got halfway through today due to a dentist's appointment, so I get to watch the rest tonight, Dec 8.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

I heard very little mention of it yesterday....p*** me off...
The media around hear were more interested in the pot smoking,
magget infested, winny little liberal named John Lennon than our military...

I watched the very first episode of Blacksheep Squadron....great show...
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I thought about it all day long, and we discussed it at dinner last night. My youngest has never heard it mentioned outside our home. :( I didn't see much TV yesterday, but what little I did see I never saw any mention. :oops: :x
gak
Senior Levergunner

Post by gak »

There was respectful but modest coverage here. Hopefully #70 next year will bring more, but sadly too late for yet more of our veterans...each day. Hats off to them--each and every one.

+1 to Tora...10x the movie "Pearl Harbor" was, which was more an over tech'd melo-romanti-drama and a real missed opportunity.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I was pleasantly surprised that our local Tacoma paper had front page coverage, and interviewed a Pearl Harbor vet and viewed it in a positive light. I don't watch network news anymore...makes me throwup in my mouth. BBC and PBS, and they gave it some time.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lastmohecken »

I remember my grandmother telling me about a cousin, who was on board one of the ships, that morning. He survived the attack, but I remember she told me that he felt the reason he made it through that attack, was because he was already up, that morning, writing a letter home. I am pretty sure I remember my grandmother telling me he was on the Arizona, but I am not sure if actually survived the war.

My uncle joined soon after, and ended up being the Capt of an anti-aircraft gunner crew, in the Philipines. He stayed in the army reserves up until around 1962 or so, and passed away in 63. He shot at Camp Perry some over the years and I think that is one reason he stayed in the reserves.

I have another cousin who lied about his age, and went into the Mechant Marines as a very young man, and spent part of the war, doing that. Then he got out, came home and thought he was done with it, got drafted, and spent the last couple of years as a foot soldier. I know he seen a lot of action, and he is still alive today. I remember talking with him over the years, and while he is does not have a problem with people owning guns or hunting, he has never owned one, since the war. He told me that after the war he just never cared to own or use any kind of gun, but he never ever told me a single war story, and I never pushed him on it. He has spent the rest of his life as a Kansas wheat farmer, and cattleman.

I grew up knowing many WWII vets, most of them gone now. I always think of them, this time of year. What would the world be like today, if wasn't for them? I believe it would be vastly different for many of us, the world over.
NRA Life Member, Patron