USFA prices

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
rodeo kid
Levergunner 3.0

USFA prices

Post by rodeo kid »

I just got an E-Mail from USFA and prices are going up by $150-$175 per revolver on December 18th. If you order before then you still get the old price plus on applicable calibers such as .44special/.44-40, you get a free second cylinder. God Bless. :( :o
Member : NRA
Oklahoma Rifle Assoc.
NPPAS

TRUISM: if guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns. So, my advice is: Buy more guns!
Ysabel Kid

Re: USFA prices

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Wow - that's a jump!!! :shock:
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

they keep that up they will go out of business....
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

They had cut prices a couple of years back, now rising again. From the production standpoint I understand it. From the marketing standpoint, I don't know. S&W is cutting prices across the board. I expect to see lots of retrenchment in the business as sales decline with the economic situation.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

I'd love to take them up on their "free" extra cylinder offer or a 12-shot 22LR revolver, but the "buy now before our prices go up" approach usually puts the brakes on my spending (and not much else does.) I got the same email and deleted it as soon as I saw their spiel.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
Dave
Senior Levergunner

Post by Dave »

RIHMFIRE wrote:they keep that up they will go out of business....
I agree with this. Those guns are a luxury item for most and right now isn't a good time to be selling luxuries.
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

I agree with Hobie.

As I said in another post, I think a number of things have been
overvalued during the economic madness just past. There will
be an adjustment. Painful as it is, it's kind of a relief. Lots of
prices were un sustainable.

-Stretch
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

They're still eager for sales... their email prompted me to email them back and ask about a project I have in mind for a future present to commemorate my wife's wedding anniversary, (I'm more'n 24 hours of walking away from home so I'm single right now!!!).

I received a phone call within an hour to discuss in more detail my desires and the Custom Shop's suggestions... among which were how to reduce the cost to me and get me what I envisioned and how to improve the looks of the finished project. Some modest engraving, custom serial #s, her alias and a quip as a presentation grade Single Action.

We didn't discuss price as they're likely to change even more as we move closer to the time when I can order and can still get grips made and installed and receive them in time. They knew going in as I told them in my email that it was at least a 5 year project and yet, their enthusiam for it impressed me enough that it'll possibly end up as an "almost-matched" set of four!

I can't think (know for a fact in at least one case), of another manufacturer that would go to such lengths to satisfy the wants of a single customer.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
hammerman
Levergunner 1.0

Post by hammerman »

Maybe their state's taxes and laws suck so bad they have to raise their prices?????

That would be my guess.
Only Winchester levers, one custom 356 top eject bigbore