OT - Little police stations

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ysabel Kid

OT - Little police stations

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Literally!

These may be a little tight quarters for the boys in blue...

When they modernized the station though, it doesn't look like they added a whole lot of space!

These are from the little town of Ridgeway, just outside of Columbia, SC. The stations are on their main street, right beside one another.

I love these little towns... :D
firefuzz
Senior Levergunner

Re: OT - Little police stations

Post by firefuzz »

The first, and third btw, police department I worked for looked alot like the second one. Small building, extremely proud of their little towns.

Rob
Proud to be Christian American and not ashamed of being white.

May your rifle always shoot straight, your mag never run dry, you always have one more round than you have adversaries, and your good mate always be there to watch your back.

Because I can!

Never grow a wishbone where a backbone ought to be.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Our Town Cop (singular) has a "police station"... it's called her Patrol Vehicle. :wink:

She has a desk in the town hall... but I think she has to share it with the Mayor.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Old Ironsights wrote:Our Town Cop (singular) has a "police station"... it's called her Patrol Vehicle. :wink:

She has a desk in the town hall... but I think she has to share it with the Mayor.
We have a couple of those smaller stations in our county. One of them, Coulee City, has a single full time Chief, which not long ago was called a Marshal, and she has a small office in city hall. We're still pretty rural around here. Which is more than okay with me, but going to a hot call is like opening a box of chocolates.
Old Law Dawg
Cliff
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Cliff »

Up in North Florida there is the town of Clarebella, the police station is official a public telephone booth. Of course this was a number of years back. Had one or two officers who would stay near the telephone booth and take a call and go after the bad guys. Made the national news a few times. When I was a patrol deputy in Illinois we had a small town in the county with all volunteer officers. We liked to stick close as they only had a cast off former police care, radio monitor and CB radio. Would park along the main street and four officers wearing kahki uniforms they had bought, sharing one 32 colt official police positive, donated as their completer armament. The lady next door to the volunteer fire department would take calls for the police, flip on a large rotating red light on top of the fire departments garage to let them know they had a call. Was interesting place and a very old (History Wise) town at a major nexus of highways, in the middle of nowhere. They had a couple of taverns they would stake out on Friday nights and Saturday nights in case of trouble. Every now and then the county would drive through, was nice looking at their smiles when they saw us. They tried to do a professional job. Lots of stories could be told like when they shut down at 10:pm. They would turn their revolver over to the morning officer to have. They were good people however. Just a bit of trivia. Eventually they got an honest to gosh police car with lights, siren and two way police radio. The people of the town were very frugal on tax expenditures. Probably all bull dozed and developed now days. ATB