NEW MOSBERG LEVER GUN PHOTO REQUEST

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

NEW MOSBERG LEVER GUN PHOTO REQUEST

Post by J Miller »

THE FIRST LEVERGUNS MEMBER THAT GETS ONE OF THESE MOSBERG LEVER GUNS IS HEREBY COMMANDED ......... 'ER REQUESTED TO IMMEDIATELY RENDER A FULL COLOR PHOTO SPREAD ON THIS FORUM OF THE NEW RIFLE!
THIS ACTION IS SO REQUESTED BY MYSELF BECAUSE I'LL LIKELY NOT SEE ONE HERE IN CENTRAL ILLINOIS.

THANK YOU KINDLY;

J MILLER ESQ
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

"The JOE" has spoken and y'all better listen up here. Besides - I would like to see those pics.

+1 :wink:
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

joachim slim
Levergunner 2.0

mossberg 30-30

Post by joachim slim »

anyone have an idea on a price yet? i think im going to have to have one.
Last edited by joachim slim on Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SmokeEater2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by SmokeEater2 »

umm... Does anyone know 'zackly when these will be available to order? I want one of the .22's.
Swampman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Swampman »

They aren't very attractive IMO. I'll stick to my Marlins.
"I have reached up to the gun rack and taken down the .30/30 carbine by some process of natural selection, not condoned perhaps by many experts but easily explained by those who spend long periods in the wilderness areas."~Calvin Rutstrum~

"You come to the swamp, you better leave your skirt at the house"~Dave Canterbury~
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Swampman wrote:They aren't very attractive IMO. I'll stick to my Marlins.
Well, be that as it may, I still wanna hang an eye ball on one. Knowledge is power, if we can't see one, how do we KNOW weather or not it's worth spending our money on?

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Rebel1972
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Rebel1972 »

I'd like to add the little sharps to that command 'er request
oldgerboy
Levergunner 2.0

Post by oldgerboy »

I'm not really too interested in the Mossberg but am curious. I should have a pic of the Little Sharps for you in a couple of weeks Reb.
The Lewis
Levergunner 2.0

Post by The Lewis »

JimT just posted the Mossberg buyers guide, looks like they have a tang safety, but, I hope I'm wrong.....
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

The Lewis,

I've seen those pics, there are at least two other threads running about the Mossberg. Unfortunately those pics are hard to see and lack details.

Joe
ohwin94_61
Levergunner 2.0

Re: NEW MOSBERG LEVER GUN PHOTO REQUEST

Post by ohwin94_61 »

[quote="J Miller"]THE FIRST LEVERGUNS MEMBER THAT GETS ONE OF THESE MOSBERG LEVER GUNS IS HEREBY COMMANDED ......... 'ER REQUESTED TO IMMEDIATELY RENDER A FULL COLOR PHOTO SPREAD ON THIS FORUM OF THE NEW RIFLE!
THIS ACTION IS SO REQUESTED BY MYSELF BECAUSE I'LL LIKELY NOT SEE ONE HERE IN CENTRAL ILLINOIS.

THANK YOU KINDLY;

J MILLER ESQ[/quot :shock:
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Re: NEW MOSBERG LEVER GUN PHOTO REQUEST

Post by J Miller »

ohwin94_61 wrote:
J Miller wrote:THE FIRST LEVERGUNS MEMBER THAT GETS ONE OF THESE MOSBERG LEVER GUNS IS HEREBY COMMANDED ......... 'ER REQUESTED TO IMMEDIATELY RENDER A FULL COLOR PHOTO SPREAD ON THIS FORUM OF THE NEW RIFLE!

THANK YOU KINDLY;

J MILLER ESQ[/quote

OH SH :shock: T
ohwin94_61, you need to go back in and edit your post. Put the last bracket ( ] ) after your last quote.

J :wink: e
dz86
Levergunner

Post by dz86 »

SmokeEater2 wrote:umm... Does anyone know 'zackly when these will be available to order? I want one of the .22's.
Mossberg's buyer's guide says the .22s will be available late in 2008. It doesn't say when the .30-30s will be available.

Dave
dz86
Levergunner

Post by dz86 »

The Lewis wrote:JimT just posted the Mossberg buyers guide, looks like they have a tang safety, but, I hope I'm wrong.....
They have a tang safety.

There are two different buyers guides that you can download from the Mossberg website. One of them is 108 pages long. The 108 page one has an article about the .30-30 rifles by Jon Sundra that contains much more information and several close up pictures.

Dave
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Dave,

Can you post a direct link to the 108 page .pdf ? I'm not sure my antiquated box can open a .pdf that big but I'll try.

Joe
ohwin94_61
Levergunner 2.0

Post by ohwin94_61 »

The gun looks pretty nice
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Err Mr Miller forgot to mention the close up shots be urgently requires! Close ups.....! :!:
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
ohwin94_61
Levergunner 2.0

Post by ohwin94_61 »

I was just joking JMiller :D I'm sure you knew that
dz86
Levergunner

Post by dz86 »

J Miller wrote:Dave,

Can you post a direct link to the 108 page .pdf ? I'm not sure my antiquated box can open a .pdf that big but I'll try.

Joe
Sure.

http://www.mossberg.com/images/dcatalog ... Annual.pdf

Dave
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

ohwin94_61 wrote:I was just joking JMiller :D I'm sure you knew that
I know you was. Not a problem.

dz86, thanks for the link.

But this old pooter just won't download it.

Joe
dz86
Levergunner

Post by dz86 »

Joe,

Try these:

Dave
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

dz86,

Thanks. Now I've got lots of pictures. It really looks interesting.

The rear sight is a Marbles flip down sight. Not cheep at all.

Joe
dz86
Levergunner

Post by dz86 »

Joe,

I resized all the photos to try and make them "dial-up friendly" for you. In the process I messed up most of the captions.

So in case it isn't legible, the rear sight is adjustable for windage and elevation, as well as folding down for scope clearance.

It uses the the same scope mount bases (front and rear) that the Winchester '94 "Big Bore" .375 guns used in front.

Dave
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Dave,

I can do pics that are big enough to fill the post box. It just takes a bit longer for them to load.

Thanks

Joe