Another Lever Gun with a Tang sight

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
GregT
Levergunner 2.0

Another Lever Gun with a Tang sight

Post by GregT »

I guess I just like short lever guns with case colors and tang sights! Here's a Sharps Model 1870 .50/70 Carbine (Replica by Armi-Sport/Cimmaron) with another Pedersoli vernier tang sight. You can easily use the barrel sights with this one, although I have the barrel sight removed for now:
GregT
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Re: Another Lever Gun with a Tang sight

Post by J Miller »

Greg,

That is a nice Sharps. But ...... PLEASE tell me more about that rear sight. What is it, where can I find them, do they make one that fits an 1894 Win ?

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
GregT
Levergunner 2.0

Post by GregT »

The Pedersoli Model number is USA 407 "Goodwin Style". You would almost have to hold this sight in place on a Model 94 tang and see how far the bolt comes back. If the bolt when full back misses the tang sight, you might be in business. The hole for the tang screw, and a longer tang screw would be used for mounting as is the Rossi Model 92, but you may have to have a front mounting hole drilled and tapped to secure the front of the tang sight base. The Sharps in the photo has two seperate mounting holes drilled by the factory in the tang, and the tang screw is not used.
GregT
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

That must be a left handed sight! Sure seems that staff is right where my nose wants to rest!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Greg,

Thanks for the information.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***