Slightly OT, I need a measurement, Beach Combination Sight

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Slightly OT, I need a measurement, Beach Combination Sight

Post by Lastmohecken »

I am considering ordering a Beach Combination Sight for my Browning 78 Single Shot. I am putting on a Williams FP recevier sight, and will need to change out the front anyway as it's too short. I would hate to spend a hundred plus dollars on a sight without know the higth.

Would someone please measure their Beach Combination Sight, and tell me how tall it is, from bottom of dovetail to top of post? I am looking at maybe getting one of the Riflesmith brand combination sights, sold on Buffalo Arms.
Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lastmohecken »

bump
Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lastmohecken »

bump
perry owens
Levergunner 3.0

Post by perry owens »

I have one I bought direct from Montana Vintage Arms. This is from their web site:-
A perfect compliment to the combination rear or the #130 series tang sight. Patterned after the Lyman #5 combination front sight. Allows the shooter to select a blade or hooded pinhead. Blade is nickel silver and may be filed for exact height necessary at a specific range. The pinhead center height measures .385" from centerline to the base of the dovetail, and the blade measures .445" from the top of the blade to the base of the dovetail. Supplied with an installation tool to help prevent any damage to sight. Dovetail sizes available: .378, .384, .393, .440, .453, .469.
Custom sizes available upon request.
Weighs .1oz - Price $89
Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lastmohecken »

Thanks, Perry

That one is definately priced cheaper then the Riflesmith sights I was looking at on Buffalo Arms, but I am a little worried that it won't be tall enough, based on how the sights looked before I removed the rear barrel sight.

I am sure it would work with a tang sight, but my receiver sight can't be adjusted as low as a tang sight. I think I will need a sight closer to .600 of an inch.