Ubertia

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Barcelona Rick
Levergunner 3.0

Ubertia

Post by Barcelona Rick »

Are the Ubertia's (1866 and 1873) worth the $$$$ compared to a Rossi '92 or Marlin '94 ??? Will the '66 handle the hotter loads ??

jumbeaux
Cherokee
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Cherokee »

The 1866 I have is a great rifle for SASS, realy like it, but I don't think I would feed it Ruger only loads. Got a Marlin and Win for that.
God Bless America
NRA Endowment
TSRA Life
SASS
USAR
Ruger & Marlin Accumulator
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Yes Uberti rifles are worth the money. The toggle-link design was never designed for modern high pressure loads. they are something that You respect and use within limits. If You want to shoot +p loads then a Winchester,Marlin or Rossie are the guns to choose.Jim.
Grizzly Adams
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Ubertia

Post by Grizzly Adams »

jumbeaux wrote:Are the Ubertia's (1866 and 1873) worth the $$$$ compared to a Rossi '92 or Marlin '94 ??? Will the '66 handle the hotter loads ??

jumbeaux
Absolutely worth the money. The 66 is proofed for 38 spl factory loadings. The 73 is proofed for 357 mag factory loads.

If you want a fire breathing hot rod, get the 92. :)
If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a Vet!
COMNAVFORV, Vietnam 68-70
NRA Life, SASS Life, Banjo picking done cheap!

Quyana cekneq, Neva
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

As stated, for cool factor, the Uberti '66, '73, and '76 are hard to beat. For strength, the '86, '92 and '94 are the way to go. :D