February Reloading

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AndyM
Levergunner 3.0

February Reloading

Post by AndyM »

Well - I finally got to spend some time at my reloading bench last night. It felt good to get some time to myself. I loaded up 52 rounds of 32-20 WCF with 115 g lead FP with 9 g. for 2400. Lee dies and crimp. When they were all done, finished, and put away - I wrote the stats in the notebook I keep - and looking through past pages - I see that a large bulk of my reloading is done in the month of February. For me I guess it is because 1.) the weather sucks outside 2.) our deer camp has a large 2 day shoot in late Mar. where I typically go through ALOT of ammo in a 2 day sitting.

Next sitting more 32-20 and 45 colts - then some 38 specials, 30 WCF, maybe some 45-70 (except my stock looks good on this one)

What month or timeframe do you all do the bulk of your reloading? - I would guess I am not too far from the norm. on this one. I was thinking post-summertime shooting season and pre-fall hunting season would be another heavy timeperiod for loading.

Who else has been busy with reloading projects and what rifles are you loading for?
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Well, I TRY to take a week off each month, I try to coincide this with my club's match schedule. Not always successful. So, that is when I reload, cast and do the farm chores. Sometimes I also get to get out and shoot. Hunting is different. I've actually turned in my resignation when younger and more militant when I was told I couldn't get the needed dates off work. (CA draw system was about 4 months to late guarantee any particular time off). Almost backfired when the boss told me, "WHAT, you mean I'm TOO LATE to get drawn! WHY DIDN'T YOU tell me back in JUNE? You're FIRED!" I loved the idea that the LT thought he could fire me! :twisted: Shoulda seen his face when I said, "ok" and turned around and walked outta his office!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

I'll be doing it every month - our silhouette matches are on the second and third weekends, so I'll probably do it on the fourth weekend.

I'll probably do just enough rounds to get through the matches.

I don't want to rush through it or stop in the middle so it's something best done on a weekend day.

I've been doing a lot of case prep while watching movies, etc.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
Ram Hammer
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Ram Hammer »

I'll start case prep as early as December but hit the long sessions of bullet casting and pulling the handle starting in January. Reloading for th Black Powder Silhoutte is a year around endeavor but the bullet casting is ususall done in Winter.
No price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself

There's no trick to being a humorist when you have the whole government working for you.
Will Rogers
cjm135
Levergunner 1.0

Post by cjm135 »

Reloading in the summer is to hot. My set up is in the garage. I try to do mine in the Fall/Winter months. Just last Sunday I loaded forty .30-30 and will probably finish off the winter with more .30-30’s and .44 Mag. I'm good with .38 Spl and 7.62X54r for now.