Hogs Gone Wild!!!!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
RKrodle
Senior Levergunner

Hogs Gone Wild!!!!

Post by RKrodle »

Tonight on the Discovery Channel at 9:00pm, central time, The show "Hogs Gone Wild" comes on.
"Hogs run rampant across a Texas deer ranch and keeps a woman in Hawaii housebound".
http://dsc.discovery.com/tv-schedules/s ... 88.40518.1

Then at 10:00pm central time "Hog Bomb" comes on.
"Wild pigs are reproducing at an alarming rate in the U.S. and are becoming bigger and more aggressive".
http://dsc.discovery.com/tv-schedules/s ... 90.37378.0

This should be a great primer for the upcoming hog hunt this weekend.
Ricky

DWWC
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Re: Hogs Gone Wild!!!!

Post by Sixgun »

Thats something I would like to do as its missing up North here, unless you want to shoot 'em in a pen. Sounds like a lot of fun--a bunch of good ole boys jeepin' through the weeds, shootin' at 'em with leverguns and single actions :D -------------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Thanks for the tip, I'll have to watch that.
NRA Life Member
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Hope you all have fun on the hog hunt. As far as getting bigger and meaner, maybe that is why the gunwriters think that a .30-30 bounces off of a wild hog. Wasn't a hog shot last year with a .223? If I remember, there was one, but it was a hemorrhoidectomy shot.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

Thanks - just in time!!

John
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

Sixgun wrote:Thats something I would like to do as its missing up North here, unless you want to shoot 'em in a pen. Sounds like a lot of fun--a bunch of good ole boys jeepin' through the weeds, shootin' at 'em with leverguns and single actions :D -------------Sixgun
Hang in there Six, I'm sure we'll have them in
our neck of the woods before long. :)
Bogie35
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bogie35 »

I've lived my whole life in South Carolina, but I've never been hog hunting. :oops:

Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever eaten wild hog. Is it good?

Bogie
Sadly, "Political Correctness" is the most powerful religion in America, and it has ruined our society.
Warhawk
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Warhawk »

I saw this show last night, more sensationalism from the media. You would think they were after African lion or something.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Warhawk wrote:I saw this show last night, more sensationalism from the media. You would think they were after African lion or something.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Good, I wasn't the only one! :mrgreen: :P
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Old Ranger
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Old Ranger »

Well I've seen a couple of those shows in the past. They do make it out to be like the hogs will be as big as rhinos in a year or two huh? Biggest we've shot out at work was a boar that was right at 500#. He was a big'en to be sure. In east Texas we are seeing more and more hogs on the road, woods, and fields around here. The population is growing to be sure. Those that are hit by cars out on the roads are average of 250# to 300#. They sure mess up a vehicle. Rather kill them with a Marlin .45-70 than a Chevy! Easier on the paint! :lol:

Wade
Aim low boys! They're riddin' shetlands!
SJPrice
Levergunner 3.0

Post by SJPrice »

Old Ranger wrote:Well I've seen a couple of those shows in the past. They do make it out to be like the hogs will be as big as rhinos in a year or two huh? Biggest we've shot out at work was a boar that was right at 500#. He was a big'en to be sure. In east Texas we are seeing more and more hogs on the road, woods, and fields around here. The population is growing to be sure. Those that are hit by cars out on the roads are average of 250# to 300#. They sure mess up a vehicle. Rather kill them with a Marlin .45-70 than a Chevy! Easier on the paint! :lol:

Wade
Pretty quick, the auto magazine writers will be telling us an SUV or half ton pickup is okay for deer, but for hogs you need to hit em with at least a hummer or better yet a 3/4 ton or bigger and then only if it is doing at least 60 mph. And you need a chrome jacketed grill guard, cuz a cast aluminum one will not penetrate well enough to get the job done.
Always Drink Upstream From The Herd
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

Oh, great, now the state of Kooklifornya will wanna raise the cost of a single pig to $150. What used to cost $7.50 for a book of ten tickets now is $18 for a single. Brown and his clowns will see revenue dollars to kill what is essentially a feral pest, not a "game" animal. :(
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Hogs Gone Wild!!!!

I thought this was a press release about Rosie O'donald
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
SJPrice
Levergunner 3.0

Post by SJPrice »

RIHMFIRE wrote:Hogs Gone Wild!!!!

nope, if it was Rosie O, there would be no hogs, only sows.
RKrodle
Senior Levergunner

Post by RKrodle »

RIHMFIRE wrote:Hogs Gone Wild!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ricky

DWWC
RKrodle
Senior Levergunner

Post by RKrodle »

Warhawk wrote:I saw this show last night, more sensationalism from the media. You would think they were after African lion or something.
Aw come on Warhawk, don't spoil the fantasy. I like going down to the creek and thinking I may be undergunned with my 45-70. :lol: :lol:
Ricky

DWWC
Old Ranger
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Old Ranger »

Undergunned with a .45-70? Why I've never used those two words in the same sentence! :)

Wade
Aim low boys! They're riddin' shetlands!
86er
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 86er »

I learned they are Eurasian Boars and they are trophies to wealthy hunters. Oh and dangerous game too. Perfect concept in my line of work.
Professional Hunter
http://www.TARSPORTING.com
"Worldwide Hunting Adventures"

Professional Hunters Assoc of South Africa
SCI - Life Member
NRA - Life Member
NAHC - Trophy Life Member
DWWC - Member
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Sixgun, we don't want those things up here. A group of us goes down to Ga every year or two for pigs and you would not believe the absolute devastation those litlle buggers cause. I agree hunting pigs is a blast and wth the right group of guys is really great, but I'll be content to go to them. I was suppose to go at the end of Feb with 13 others but the guides wife has gotten CA and she is not doing well so all hunts are cancelled through May. We will prolly go later in the year ,you want me to let you know when? It's fun, they encourage leverguns, you'll like the guys, it fairly cheap. Tom
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
SJPrice
Levergunner 3.0

Post by SJPrice »

fordwannabe wrote:Sixgun, we don't want those things up here. A group of us goes down to Ga every year or two for pigs and you would not believe the absolute devastation those litlle buggers cause. I agree hunting pigs is a blast and wth the right group of guys is really great, but I'll be content to go to them. I was suppose to go at the end of Feb with 13 others but the guides wife has gotten CA and she is not doing well so all hunts are cancelled through May. We will prolly go later in the year ,you want me to let you know when? It's fun, they encourage leverguns, you'll like the guys, it fairly cheap. Tom
Boy you can say that again. The ranch where we hunt quail in West ByGod Texas has a bad and growing population. The range looks like it has been under mortar attack. Talk about a tough critter, they seem to love to eat Prickly Pear Cactus.