1886's now in Chiappa's online catalog

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
kaschi
Levergunner 3.0

1886's now in Chiappa's online catalog

Post by kaschi »

Chiappa now has their 1886's pictured in their online catalogs. I've read about them here but just saw their pics for the 1st time so I don't know how "new" my news is. They have a Rifle w. oct bbl. as well as a SRC in both 45-70 and 444 Marlin. Their is also another version called the Kodiak which, if I'm not mistaken. is stainless steel.
chadbr
Levergunner 2.0

Re: 1886's now in Chiappa's online catalog

Post by chadbr »

SJPrice
Levergunner 3.0

Post by SJPrice »

if you use the zoom over the rifle option on their web catalog page the wood to metal fit looks a little rough. One would expect the catalog specimen to be one of their best. I hate to be critical, but I have made the mistake of ordering a couple of the Italian lever actions. I lost money on them both when I decided that the quality was just not what I wanted. JMHO
Always Drink Upstream From The Herd
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

I've found photos of products to be misleading at times. I really would like to handle one of these and then decide. I've never owned a real big bore lever gun and really would like to. Someday.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

I see a potential .50 EX carbine in the future. I used the zoom and didn't see particularly bad wood to metal fit. A newly made barrel from Mike Hunter and a little magic by Steve should do the trick. :D
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
gak
Senior Levergunner

Post by gak »

Steve Young (Nate Kiowa Jones) was asked by Chiappa for his review as they final-developed this, so hopefully his comments made it into production! Btw, the Italians I've seen (mostly Uberti 73s) have been fine pieces. A friend has a gaggle of 'em I regularly drool over. But I've also checked out the Chiappa 92s (Cimarrons) at the local store here and they're beautiful. I'd expect no less here.
EDIT...and I believe LSI (http://www.legacysports.com) has been listing the Chiappa '86 for several months now, maybe most of 2010. Doesn't necessrily mean it's actually been available but it's been in their catalog and website--under the "Puma" division, like their 92s.