OT- official state gun

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

OT- official state gun

Post by Rusty »

I heard a story on the this morning that the state of Utah is considering a bill to adopt the 1911 as their official state gun.

Thank you John Browning
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Re: OT- official state gun

Post by Sixgun »

Thats cool! Utah has many guns to choose from for their "state gun". Here in Pennsylvania, it has to be the Remington pump guns (14, 141, 700, 7600) as about every third gun in the woods is one of these.

Wonder what California would choose, the sling shot?? New Jersey could have the BB gun and New York the blowgun. Massachusetts could have the rock. :D-------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

In IL it would be the AK47 to symbolize the oppression of the Chicago regime.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
SJPrice
Levergunner 3.0

Post by SJPrice »

:roll:
Last edited by SJPrice on Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always Drink Upstream From The Herd
SJPrice
Levergunner 3.0

Post by SJPrice »

:roll:
Last edited by SJPrice on Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always Drink Upstream From The Herd
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I heard it on the radio early this morning, but then when I got home it was on the noon news report as well.

On the noon news they had a 1911 in the background behind the news reader and they even had the picture right!

jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Such stupidity can't go unchecked. My contention is that a gun must be made in the state that adopts it as it's "State" gun. Notice, I'm avoiding a direct attack on any given state, unlike fellow forum members. My proposal for California would be one of the guns from AMT. My personal choice, and one I carry frequently.

Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
TravisM
Levergunner 2.0

Post by TravisM »

If we're going that route, I have to nominate for Florida the Kel Tec P-11.

I'm sure some are cringing, but given our early concealed weapon permit laws and our castle doctrine, this little pistol well represents those ideals and is made in Florida.

(Of course part of me is dying to nominate the Marlin 1894 in .357 instead.)
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

jeepnik wrote:Such stupidity can't go unchecked. My contention is that a gun must be made in the state that adopts it as it's "State" gun. ]
So, not good enough for you that the 1911 was designed in Utah, by one of Utah's most notable and respected historic figures who was a native of Utah and had his shop in Utah :shock:
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

jnyork wrote:
jeepnik wrote:Such stupidity can't go unchecked. My contention is that a gun must be made in the state that adopts it as it's "State" gun. ]
So, not good enough for you that the 1911 was designed in Utah, by one of Utah's most notable and respected historic figures who was a native of Utah and had his shop in Utah :shock:
And JMB would be a Saint in the Mormon Church if they had such a thing...

But if "made in Utah" were a requirement, almost anything by NAA (Provo Utah) would get my vote...

And to that effort I'll say... Wyoming gets the FA .454 Casull! :twisted:

Can I get an AMEN! ?
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I was wondering if JMB was a Mormon... not that it maters for anything,, just curious.

Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

jeepnik wrote:Such stupidity can't go unchecked. My contention is that a gun must be made in the state that adopts it as it's "State" gun. Notice, I'm avoiding a direct attack on any given state, unlike fellow forum members. My proposal for California would be one of the guns from AMT. My personal choice, and one I carry frequently.

Sorry Jeep... gotta debate you there. Must be an example of the pinnacle of the areas art...

How about the Jennings .22 or Raven .25 ? ;)

(I used to have a DAO .45... fun gun. Modified a few 1911 mags to lock in... :twisted: Wouldn't mind having another. )
Last edited by Old Ironsights on Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Rusty wrote:I was wondering if JMB was a Mormon... not that it maters for anything,, just curious.
Very much so. IIRC he did his "white shirt duty" in Georgia in mid 1887...
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Rusty wrote:I was wondering if JMB was a Mormon... not that it maters for anything,, just curious.
He was indeed a Mormon. In fact, during his adult years, he took a year or so off to become a "Missionary".
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Sixgun wrote:Thats cool! Utah has many guns to choose from for their "state gun". Here in Pennsylvania, it has to be the Remington pump guns (14, 141, 700, 7600) as about every third gun in the woods is one of these.
Wonder what California would choose, the sling shot?? New Jersey could have the BB gun and New York the blowgun. Massachusetts could have the rock. :D-------Sixgun
:lol: 8) :lol: 8) :lol: 8) :lol: 8) :lol: 8) :lol: 8) :lol: 8) :lol: 8) :lol: 8) :lol:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
BAGTIC
Levergunner 3.0

Post by BAGTIC »

Of course the Mormons have saints, after all they belong to the Church of Latter Day Saints.

Now. Enough of this darned nonsens of 'State this...' and 'State that...'.

We shouldn't be wasting time on such foolishness. If our politicians spent as much time looking after the store as they do declaring this and that our country wouldn't be in such a fouled up mess.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Oh I don't know, if they spent more time doing things like this they'd be spending less time doing things that take away our freedoms.

Cruise
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Cruise »

Rusty wrote:Oh I don't know, if they spent more time doing things like this they'd be spending less time doing things that take away our freedoms.
Keep them occupied in other areas for sure! From statehouses to WASHDC! If they aren't screwing off doing this inane stuff, they should be on a break of some sort or the other.
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

Sixgun wrote:Thats cool! Utah has many guns to choose from for their "state gun". Here in Pennsylvania, it has to be the Remington pump guns (14, 141, 700, 7600) as about every third gun in the woods is one of these.

Hey Six,
Wasn’t there talk awhile back about PA. adopting the
PA. long rifle as the state gun?
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

casastahle wrote: Hey Six,
Wasn’t there talk awhile back about PA. adopting the
PA. long rifle as the state gun?

Casastahle,
Your forgetting something......WE ALREADY HAVE the Pa. Long Rifle. No one can take that from us. The idea is to get as many Pennsylvania guns as possible. So I say we grab all of the Remington pump guns, 700's, 721's, '722's , 725's, most all models of Winchesters, and what the heck, lets snag the Ma Duece & quad 50 while we are at it!

Its important we do these things because if we don't, the Kalifornians, New Yorkers, Jerseys, and the rest of those liberal states will claim it (unrightly) for themselves. Here in Pa. we have some of the best gunlaws in the nation and thats because we fight for these rights. We don't give in like the rest of 'em do :D -----------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

BAGTIC
Levergunner 3.0

Post by BAGTIC »

Idle hands are the devil's tools and an idle mind his workshop.

I was a native born Californian. Five years ago I gave up and left. California was not always insane and incompetent. It began when California went from a part time citizen legislature to a full time legislature run by full time politicians. I know. I was one of the fools who voted for the change. Legislatures should only be entrusted with just enough time and money to do what is absolutely essential. Nothing more.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions and wishful thinking. This country is paying $4,000,000,000 (four billion) dollars a day on the interest for the national debt and what do de get for that four billion? Zilch. What do the politicians get? Why they get reelected. Only a fool believes that are votes are not for sale. If someone offered to buy you a free drink or give you a $20 bill in exchange for your vote that would be illegal and they could go to jail even though you personally would benefit from the transaction and it wuldn't cost the public anything. Instead the politicians get rich and we all pick up the tab and it is all okay. It figures.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Yes. in fact, his church called on him to do missionary work after he had started designing firearms for Winchester. He did it too, then resumed his illustrious calling.
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

1] Remington pump in 30-06. 2] Remington pump in 35 remington. 3] 348 WCF model 71. Ise alot of these in PA. hunting camps.