OT - Price Check on an S&W Model 10-5 with 5-inch Barrel

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Remington40x
Levergunner 2.0

OT - Price Check on an S&W Model 10-5 with 5-inch Barrel

Post by Remington40x »

I know this is off topic, but you guys seem to have a good grasp of things revolver related as well as leverguns, so I thought I'd ask.

Local dealer has an S&W Model 10-5 with a 5-inch barrel in his case. The revolver has virtually no blue wear at all, barely a turn line, but has light freckling on the frame, a very small ding on the barrel toward the muzzle, an area of roughness on the cylinder exterior about the size of a pencil eraser and numerous scratches on the bottom area of the grips.

What should I offer/agree to pay?

Thanks.
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT - Price Check on an S&W Model 10-5 with 5-inch Barrel

Post by awp101 »

It would have to be around $325 tops to catch my interest. The freckling, etc bothers me no matter how good the bluing itself may be.

I'm away from my S&W book right now to double check, but I can't think of anything special about that particular variant.
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
natedontgo
Levergunner 1.0

Post by natedontgo »

the 5" barrel fans (like me) usually have to pay a premium over those who can live with the 4"..Still,given description ,$325 seems fair....Nate
38-55
Levergunner

Post by 38-55 »

I paid $325 for my 10-8 a couple of years ago. Bluing is almost perfect and it's a 4 inch. Make him an offer of 275. You could always meet in the middle!