Droolevergun

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Droolevergun

Post by Pete44ru »

Available in .454 Casull, .475 Linebaugh, and .500 S&W.

http://www.drcfirearms.com/_webapp_1238 ... tion_Rifle

Hawkeye2
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Droolevergun

Post by Hawkeye2 »

Aesthetics isn’t one of its fine points is it?
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

Actually, envision that in blued steel, color case hardened reciever, and pistol grip fancy walnut stock and it gets REAL lovely! Apparently they'll make you one like that if you wish.

But that version - stainless with a synthetic stock - is certainly more functional.

Oly
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
handirifle
Senior Levergunner

Post by handirifle »

I think it looks cool. Looks like a trapper on steriods :shock: .

I bet that would be one nasty close quarter pig or bear gun. Of course I'd just use my 1895GS in 45-70. Those are not synthetic stocks on mine. The guy I bought it from, used the spray on bedliner and applied about 6 coats over wood.. I love the way it feels.

It, too, will get er done.
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

More compact but really for the money, why not just go with a 45-70 or 450 Marlin Guide gun?

My 95 LTD with 24" barrel 45-70 is very light - almost too light for the recoil of the hot loads... That little thing looks like it'll beat the devil out of you...
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

O.S.O.K. wrote:More compact but really for the money, why not just go with a 45-70 or 450 Marlin Guide gun?

My 95 LTD with 24" barrel 45-70 is very light - almost too light for the recoil of the hot loads... That little thing looks like it'll beat the devil out of you...

Agreed. I must be getting old, although I can see the utility in something like that it does nothing for me, if it doesnt have real walnut and blue steel it just aint a lever gun. :wink:
TomD
Levergunner 3.0

Post by TomD »

I don't know how much time some of you guys spend in canoes.... Or otherwise in the rain forest. The marlin isn't all stainless, and I guess one would need to tear this baby down to see how much she was also. They seem to say she is all stainless or composite with the exception of the sights. Also, there are people who complain of the loss of quality in Marlin. Also I wish marlin would get off their ^&* and bring out a 50AK.
2X22
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 2X22 »

Well shucks, sounds like Levergunners can now get by with just 2 or 3 it sounds. Nothing new needed... :lol: :lol:

2x22
"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." - Thomas Jefferson
soon 2 retire
Levergunner 2.0

Post by soon 2 retire »

I don't care if it makes sense; I want one. Heck, I want the whole set. Kick the snot out of me; I don't care.

Bob in NE INdiana
Don't look back something might be gaining on you.
-Leroy "Satchel" Paige
TMair
Levergunner 2.0

Post by TMair »

That is so far out of my price rainge..Momma woulden't...ahum...talk to me for a year :oops:
Terry
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

TMair wrote:That is so far out of my price rainge..Momma woulden't...ahum...talk to me for a year :oops:
Terry
I don't see a down side...

:wink: :lol:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

Maybe not on my personal bucket list ----- but seeing a smaller company devote some love to the levergun is alright by me.

It would be much easier to CNC another AR-15 derivative or 1911 clone --- good for those guys for giving us more choices !
----- Doug
Mich Hunter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mich Hunter »

It's nice, but not $2500 nice. I have a rossi 454 that shoots like a dream and cost me $500. Call me cheap, but who are they marketing that to? That DRC might not be a Marlin, but it sure looks like one. I do however have one of DRC's levers for one of my guide guns. I tried to order another but DRC fell off of the face of the earth for several years.
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

It takes all kinds for the world to go around and I'm glad to see someone going the distance on a levergun. But, it doesn't sing to me. Practical, probably. Pretty, in the eye of the beholder.
Old Law Dawg
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

:shock: Starting at $2,495 :shock:

A bit high in my opinion.
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

Rube Burrows wrote::shock: Starting at $2,495 :shock:

A bit high in my opinion.
Ouch ! Looks like they are taking dead aim at Big Horn with that kind of pricing. Big Horn;s appears to be a cross between a 1892 Winchester and an 1886, while this one looks like a Marlin 1894 married to a 336.

I probably would have left the octagon off a stainless gun, but i imagine at that price, there would be lots of options
----- Doug
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

I would like to see a picture of it with the action open. I wonder if there is a massive breechblock behind the bolt? look at how big the breech/chamber end of the barrel is.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

handirifle wrote:I think it looks cool. Looks like a trapper on steriods :shock: .

I bet that would be one nasty close quarter pig or bear gun. Of course I'd just use my 1895GS in 45-70. Those are not synthetic stocks on mine. The guy I bought it from, used the spray on bedliner and applied about 6 coats over wood.. I love the way it feels.

It, too, will get er done.
I like that... I may have to try something similar. The stocks on my GS aren't particularly nice and grippy bedliner would actually add a few ounces to the gun (vs a plastic stock making it lighter...)
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

Too expensive and too "Marlinish" for me. :|
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Streetstar wrote:Maybe not on my personal bucket list ----- but seeing a smaller company devote some love to the levergun is alright by me.
It would be much easier to CNC another AR-15 derivative or 1911 clone --- good for those guys for giving us more choices !
Agreed...!

Looks like it comes in LOTS of configurations...I like the fact that you can order straight OR pistol-grip versions.
DRC options.jpg
(Click chart to enlarge/view it)

http://www.drcfirearms.com/_webapp_1238 ... tion_Rifle

They also make a pretty serious-looking bolt-action rifle in .375 H&H or .458 Lott.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

A little chunky in the back end, but I do like the old-school Marlin style squared off forend cap.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Mike D. wrote:Too expensive and too "Marlinish" for me. :|
Mike,
Once again, I see we were cut from the same mould. I like the word you just coined, "Marlinish"
:D --------------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

Sixgun wrote:
Mike D. wrote:Too expensive and too "Marlinish" for me. :|
Mike,
Once again, I see we were cut from the same mould. I like the word you just coined, "Marlinish"
:D --------------Sixgun
Sounds 'Fishy' doesn't it? Makes you think of catbreath and chum. :D
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle