71s Galore!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
71fan
Levergunner 3.0

71s Galore!

Post by 71fan »

A few years ago you'd be hard pressed to see more that about ten 71s for sale at a time on Gunbroker, usually more like 5 to 8 at most. Boy have times changed. There are 37 original Winchester 71s listed on GB right now. Used to be hard to find an original long tang bolt peep deluxe, and then paying under $2.5k was a dream. Now you may be able to catch one in the high teens, and the low 2s is a common price.

If you've been hankerin' for an original 71, it seems now is the time. The market is flooded and these babies are moving.

Incidently, there are still MANY sellers that haven't got the message, so you'll still see some out-of-sight listings, but in the midst of it all are some decent deals. Happy hunting!
Chad
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Re: 71s Galore!

Post by RIHMFIRE »

a 71 has been on my list for quite some time now....
may be going on a moose hunt this year ..and sure would
like to take it with an old levergun that was designed for big game hunting
in the north woods..
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Mainehunter
Senior Levergunner

Post by Mainehunter »

I'm mostly a Marlin & Savage kind of guy, I only own two Winchesters a model 88 in 358 and a model 21 shot gun but would have to say the model 71 has to be the most prettiest rifle that Winchester put out. I have handled a couple of them over the years they have such nice lines, smooth action and very appealing to the eye. I have too been noticing how many are coming out especially within the past year it could be because the economy. I would like to own one but I would have to let something go in the gun safe in order for it to happen.

Mainehunter :wink:
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Mainehunter wrote:I'm mostly a Marlin & Savage kind of guy, I only own two Winchesters a model 88 in 358 and a model 21 shot gun but would have to say the model 71 has to be the most prettiest rifle that Winchester put out. I have handled a couple of them over the years they have such nice lines, smooth action and very appealing to the eye. I have too been noticing how many are coming out especially within the past year it could be because the economy. I would like to own one but I would have to let something go in the gun safe in order for it to happen.

you own a winchester model 21!.....
you lucky dog you! :wink:
got any pics?
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
TMair
Levergunner 2.0

Post by TMair »

RIHMFIRE wrote:
Mainehunter wrote:I'm mostly a Marlin & Savage kind of guy, I only own two Winchesters a model 88 in 358 and a model 21 shot gun but would have to say the model 71 has to be the most prettiest rifle that Winchester put out. I have handled a couple of them over the years they have such nice lines, smooth action and very appealing to the eye. I have too been noticing how many are coming out especially within the past year it could be because the economy. I would like to own one but I would have to let something go in the gun safe in order for it to happen.

got any pics?
And I was going to offer him a Winchester 71 for it, now you've tipped him off about it :shock: :D
I have a 24, it handles like a dream I can only imagine what a 21 is like!
What guage and is it a field grade or is it a comp gun?
Terry
Mainehunter
Senior Levergunner

Post by Mainehunter »

RIHMFIRE wrote:

got any pics?
I haven't pulled it out of the safe in quiet some time used to be my late fathers favorite shot gun. The only thing I know it's a three barrel set 12,20,28 ga., fully engraved, deluxe model. Unfortunately can't do picks at the moment our old digital camera finally bought the farm a few weeks ago when my wife left it in the van to many times in sub zero weather. I'm hoping to have another camera here soon.