OT How do you remove a Rem 600 bolt?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Goat
Levergunner 2.0

OT How do you remove a Rem 600 bolt?

Post by Goat »

Buddy called me from Illinois and said he had bought a Remington Model 600 in 35 Remington last Friday at a gun auction for $300. Now he wants to know how to remove the bolt. I have tried looking on the "net" and have found that there is a "bolt release" to be depressed with a flat head screwdriver inside the reciever but my buddy can't seem to find it. Can someone help us with a little more information on where it is located? Without the rifle in my possesion it is difficult for me to figure this one out when I am 600 miles away. Thanks for any help!
Goat
"To know HIM and make HIM known"
Lassiter
Levergunner 2.0

Re: OT How do you remove a Rem 600 bolt?

Post by Lassiter »

It's on the left side at the rear of the receiver. You should be able to see it along side of the bolt.

"To disassemble: Push safety assembly forward to fire position. Lift bolt handle to unlock and open action. Pull bolt handle rearward until bolt stop halts bolt. Insert small tool against bolt stop and press downward. This will releasr bolt. ........"
Mokwaw
Levergunner 3.0

Re: OT How do you remove a Rem 600 bolt?

Post by Mokwaw »

As Lassiter says above, kind of a pain almost need 3 hands. There is a kit available from Brownell's to convert the bolt release into one like the Model 700 with the release button in the trigger guard. I did this to a Model 660 I had. Easy fix, may have to grind or file a bit in front of the trigger to get enough room for the button, but the guard is made of nylon and is easy to grind/file, I used my dremel, and made quick work of it.
UNITE